Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi. I'm planning to do a home renovation this year and has no experience looking for an ID company.

Recent i found one ID but does not has a company. He does free lance. His design concept is good and has decades of home design experience. I had request for him to show me pictures of his portfolio, but there is non. He does not put his portfolio on to facebook nor website. If i were to engage this free lance designer, what kind of situation will i entails with? If he does not show up or does not complete the renovation, how do i deal with it?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Samngan,

How do u learn of this person in the first place? Is it thru recommendation from friends? or u heard from people here?

If from friends, can use.

If from ppl here, sometimes they are self-advertising.

There are a few ID who do freelance, some without company name and some with company but home-based. There is a risk involved but its not totally 100% dangerous.

There are some ID company who run away with customer money and close down their PTE LTD company. How much can u sue from a PTE LTD company? And it happens many times.

There are those big company, trustworthy one, but the prices are not cheap at times and u kena carrot chop.

free-lance, u can get it cheaper bcas they are rental free but risky.

In short, happy renovating...... bcas u are not the only one having headaches.

My advice. Do not pay anything to ID until you agree the quotation and layout plan. The ID may ask for a small down payment and say that the down payment will be deducted from the quotation. After you paid, you will never take back the payment if you do not like the service from ID. The ID may then ignore you. I have bad experience with the ID , AS Balestier. I am still waiting for their service since sep 2013. Thank you.

Hi.. I just had my kitchen redone. Basically, the first ID did not bother to understand our needs and my mum was not happy with the results.

We then found another contractor and had our kitchen redone in a very practical way. His priority was to understand our needs and not force his opinions on us; in fact, he was angry with the first ID designer when he saw how unpractical our kitchen was. His service was also very prompt, and he had never given us any pressure.

His name is Yong Yi. You can contact him at 9118 5584. =]

My house is doing renovation now...we choose an ID of inspire by d'trenzo in our shortlist of 8 IDs.. He is experience and give us a lot of ideas.

We think we get a right ID. My house has been taking care very good.next week we can move in..will upload u guy some photos..

If u guys are now still searching for an ID, can contact Johnny 81449299.

Be careful of + Space Balestier. They can commit you everything. After I signed and paid the deposit, the support is very bad. No design experience. They listen to you and took your idea as their design. They committed to meet my budget but did not do it. I engaged + Space Balestier last year 2013. Today, + Space Balestier is delaying the service and refuse to call me. I call, sms and email to them. No reply. I requested for refund. They refused. Bad luck to me. Be careful. They always at expo.

Recently also did some of the renovation works for my 5 room HDB flat. I also not sure what interior design firms are good and dont want to be ripped off. One of my friends recommended me to Singapore carpentry firm. They did my kitchen cabinets, design new walk-in wardrobe for my master bedroom. Now just finish. Overall, quite pleased with their service and workmanship. Hope this helps other who also renovating and designing home.

P.S. Can PM me if you want to see pictures of my finished kitchen and wardrobe :)

Recently also did some of the renovation works for my 5 room HDB flat. I also not sure what interior design firms are good and dont want to be ripped off. One of my friends recommended me to Singapore carpentry firm. They did my kitchen cabinets, design new walk-in wardrobe for my master bedroom. Now just finish. Overall, quite pleased with their service and workmanship. Hope this helps other who also renovating and designing home.

P.S. Can PM me if you want to see pictures of my finished kitchen and wardrobe :)

Hi Tanic

I'm currently looking for a reliable ID or contractor for my 5 room, care to share pic of your kitchen and wardrobe? Can also PM me the name of the carpentry firm?

Thank you in advance.

Do not engage *** Balestier. After signed the agreement and paid the deposit, the consultant met me few times and then end their service. They did not listen my call, sms and email. They refused to return my deposit. I had reported the police. This is very frustration and disappointed. Do not engage *** Balestier. irresponsible.