Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nickguthe

Brick Wall By The Floor 5Rm Bto @sengkang

Shopping for the kitchen appliances and fittings begins!

Last Sunday, we were browsing at Heritage Gallery for kitchen sink, hood, hob and oven when a fellow shopper overheard our conversation and encouraged us to check out the Mayer sales, saying the prices are really attractive. The sale ends at 6pm. It was almost 4 pm so we rushed all the way from Geylang Road to Toh Tuck area.

Must really thank that guy. THANK YOU!

Because we bought the Ariston FK62C at $649 (inclusive of $50 delivery) ! Mayer website list it at $1200, hadn't done much homework to know how much other shops are selling. But we are happy with this purchase. Yay!

FK62C.jpg

Today we went IMM to continue our search for kitchen and bathroom stuff. Finally we see the Fujioh NL900 in real life at a shop call Asia Excel. Fatter than we thought and Fujioh hoods protrude out more than hoods of other brands at about 65cm depth (countertops are usually 60 cm deep). We asked a few sales people and confirmed that Fujioh is the only brand that doesn't need charcoal filter replacement because it doesn't have one.

07_Fittings_FujiohHood.jpg

We are very slow, not much progress with the purchases except the oven. A lot of choices, too much research to do. Headache.

Edited by nickguthe

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

beautiful layout. Very square and spacious.

And our design ideas and inspirations are very similar! hahaha. Will be following your progress!

We are also looking for kitchen stuff etc. Heard that fujioh brand is very good so well done!

I think furniture is even more confusing than electronic appliances just because of the sheer amount of choice. And now you can go to big shops, small ulu shops, custom make, taobao, amazon. OMG.

Our requirements to my ID about the designs

1. Brick Wall :good:
  2. Build a study partition
  3. Conceal the bomb shelter
  4. Squeeze the dining and living area to the side of the living with the windows (since we are going to build the study)

We decided against open kitchen concept (although we like the idea) because both of us enjoy cooking and we are lazy to deal with the grease in the house.

After bouncing off ideas, here are the designs from my ID (done a couple of months ago).

The proposed floor plan

initialFloorPlan_zps2066680c.jpg

3D1_zps65c4bd85.jpg

Are you going to do ventilation blocks for your entrance as divider?

• Like 1

beautiful layout. Very square and spacious.

And our design ideas and inspirations are very similar! hahaha. Will be following your progress!

We are also looking for kitchen stuff etc. Heard that fujioh brand is very good so well done!

I think furniture is even more confusing than electronic appliances just because of the sheer amount of choice. And now you can go to big shops, small ulu shops, custom make, taobao, amazon. OMG.

Totally agree! hence visiting furniture stores became our favourite past time last year. Almost every weekend, we try to visit some furniture showroom. Haven't buy also. Hahaha.

Are you going to do ventilation blocks for your entrance as divider?

The ventilation blocks was proposed by ID. We like it but at the moment we KIV it and decided we are not doing any divider for now, Was thinking it might obstruct the moving of big items. Although we read somewhere in Feng Shui that should have a divider since door faces windows. :dunno:

Edited by nickguthe

Totally agree! hence visiting furniture stores became our favourite past time last year. Almost every weekend, we try to visit some furniture showroom. Haven't buy also. Hahaha.

The ventilation blocks was proposed by ID. We like it but at the moment we KIV it and decided we are not doing any divider for now, Was thinking it might obstruct the moving of big items. Although we read somewhere in Feng Shui that should have a divider since door faces windows. :dunno:

Hmm, from my understanding, divider for fengshui reasons should be fully opaque.. so if it's those with holes, they mainly act as deco to enhance the looks of the house :)

Has been a tiring but fruitful day.

We went to check out fans and lights at Jalan Besar and electrical appliances at Goh Ah Bee

In the end we placed orders for 2 Relite Petite black fans at Tai Yong Electric, a 36" for the study area and a 48" for the living area. So surprised to see the smaller 36" ones, didn't know they exist. So excited that forgot to take picture of the small black fan that they installed in the shop. They also have a huge selection of lights.

We also ordered Fujioh hood NL900 and Tecno Hob SR128SV at Goh Ah Bee. Best price out of the few places we went to recce! YAY!

Photo of Tecno Hob SR128SV

SR128SV.jpg

and Fujioh hood NL900

07_Fittings_FujiohHood.jpg

Edited by nickguthe

Has been a tiring but fruitful day.

We went to check out fans and lights at Jalan Besar and electrical appliances at Goh Ah Bee

In the end we placed orders for 2 Relite Petite black fans at Tai Yong Electric, a 36" for the study area and a 48" for the living area. So surprised to see the smaller 36" ones, didn't know they exist. So excited that forgot to take picture of the small black fan that they installed in the shop. They also have a huge selection of lights.

We also ordered Fujioh hood NL900 and Tecno Hob SR128SV at Goh Ah Bee. Best price out of the few places we went to recce! YAY!

Hi, may I know how much did you get for the hood & hob? I'm interested in these models as well. TIA.

Hi, may I know how much did you get for the hood & hob? I'm interested in these models as well. TIA.

PM you :)

Edited by nickguthe

Hi Nick,

Just wondering for your kitchen, did you apply subway tiles to your backsplash and retain original HDB for the rest of the walls?

Hi Nick,

Just wondering for your kitchen, did you apply subway tiles to your backsplash and retain original HDB for the rest of the walls?

Yes, we are going to overlay subway tiles over the exposed area that is not covered by carpentry. Cos it's HDB rule to retain the original tiles for new flat unless submit application to HDB to hack certain walls.

Hi Nickguthe,

I would like to have your ID friend's contact as I just need someone who knows how to do 3D rendering for my new flat. Thank you.

Abby