Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nickguthe

Brick Wall By The Floor 5Rm Bto @sengkang

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Update about the console

Managed to clean up the house and had it set up today. It comes without the legs attached. To assemble, We only need to screw in the legs. And put in the shelf for the middle compartment. Whole console is made of solid wood, very heavy.

21_consoleopen.jpg

All set up! The biggest problem we have with it, is with the sliding doors. They do not slide smoothly. Needed quite some work. We had to sand the grooves (where the wheels run), apply lubricant, loosen the bolt. A lot of trial and error to get it finally sliding smoothly. But for 600 SGD, it was a pretty good buy. When we received it few weeks ago, it was properly packed within a wooden crate support.

21_consolesetup3.JPG

21_consolesetup2.JPG

21_consolesetup.JPG

wow.... this look really good. thanks for the link! can i trouble you to measure the length of the console legs?

Saw that you got the tripod lamp too! Nice. Being looking around in taobao but there are just too many sellers.

Which seller you bought from and how's the quality?

Got it from here: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.151.E5fWDO&id=21474804816&_u=51q6ekj86726

Nice and good! Do get additional LED E27 bulbs. I can't remember if this particular merchant sent us working bulbs because some of the lights we received had bulbs that were fused.

Nice reno, can't wait to see the final photo.

How's the stuffs you got from taobao? review please. Thank you.

Thanks! Bought too much stuff, not all installed/started using. Difficult to review all as well, but will try to do it slowly.

Anything in particular you would like to find out first? :)

Thanks! Bought too much stuff, not all installed/started using. Difficult to review all as well, but will try to do it slowly.

Anything in particular you would like to find out first? :)

Hihi, I'm interested in the kitchen sink and those basins for bathrooms.

By the way, can share your ID contact and also how much you roughly spend for your reno?

Hi Nick,

For china lights do you use an adapter or you change the plug fro 2 pin to 3 pin on your own? If you changed it, how do you do it?

Thanks!

Hi Nick,

For china lights do you use an adapter or you change the plug fro 2 pin to 3 pin on your own? If you changed it, how do you do it?

Thanks!

We use adapter. Something like this. For the standing lights and table lamps.

Pack-2-British-UK-Travel-Adapter-Type-G-

The aluminium looks good! nice and thin lines.

Thanks for posting about the TB stuff. I've now gone and bought sand paper, lacquer and some tools in preparation for my own TB purchases haha.

wow.... this look really good. thanks for the link! can i trouble you to measure the length of the console legs?

I presume you want to know how much space there is below the console. It is 13 cm or 18.5 cm. Refer to image below.

mediaconsoleLeg.JPG

Hihi, I'm interested in the kitchen sink and those basins for bathrooms.

By the way, can share your ID contact and also how much you roughly spend for your reno?

Review of the sinks and taps we bought on Taobao.

Kitchen

Kitchen sink : Quality feels ok. heavy and solid. Feels thick. Only slight dissatisfaction is with the corners of the sink. Can't see clearly in the photo but corners look darker and seem less polished.

Another minor issue with the sink: we had to meddle a little with the drainage tubes that came with the sink. On one end, the screw cap is facing the wrong direction. Had to carefully take it out and put it back in the opposite direction. (see 2nd image).

tap: Good. Heavy. Solid. Stainless steel. We like it a lot.

24_Kitchen.JPG

24_kitchenPipes.JPG

Bathroom

triangular counter top sink: Nice! the styrofoam packaging was falling apart when it arrived. If you are getting sink on Taobao, do consider topping up $$ for the wooden crate support. Also need to get the correct sink stopper (we bought and found this popping mechanism rather lousy. Bought another one but didn't fit. In the end, the plumber helped us get a replacement in Singapore.

tall tap: We are a little disappointed with this. Looks great. Feels solid and heavy. Nice finishing. But there is a hairline crack at the joint that will leak water. (see gif below) . Sian. :(

24_Common.JPG

tapcrack.gif

rectangular counter top sink: Same issue about packaging as the sink above. Other than that, nice sink. We got this stopper for this sink. Works ok.

short tap: This tap is of the same solid stainless steel as the tall tap. Nice and good.

24_Master.JPG

Only time will tell if they are as good as they look and feel. Minor issues but generally ok. Really like the finishing of the stainless steel taps. Hope this is helpful.

Edited by nickguthe

Hi nickguthe,

Just to check with you is the area around the main door and study room with false ceiling as you have a 12 Watts LED mounted, but i don't see the trunking.

Please advise where you get the king sized bed frame and the price as well. Thanks.

Hi nickguthe,

Just to check with you is the area around the main door and study room with false ceiling as you have a 12 Watts LED mounted, but i don't see the trunking.

Please advise where you get the king sized bed frame and the price as well. Thanks.

The 12W LED at the foyer is using the original lighting point by HDB :)

Bed frame is from Hommage Lifestyle.