Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nickguthe

Brick Wall By The Floor 5Rm Bto @sengkang

First a shout out to fellow renotalker Bianzi!

In this post from her t-blog, bianzi talked about her dilemma when deciding her TV console design. My wife and I shared that we had similar preferences for Air's Telegramme and Grafunkt's Line as well but find them rather expensive for our budget. Then mentioned our Taobao find...

Not that this find is similar to those products mentioned above, but those cost about 3-4k ish. Cost was another reason why we decided not to have built- in carpentry for console especially since we wanted the louvered doors type so badly for ease of remote controlling the devices in the shelves. Until we strike lottery the 5 mil Toto this National Day, we decided to go with this much more budget scandi looking console :)

(Photo from the Taobao page)

T1Hx54FF0aXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_640x

For mommychua who asked for the link, here you go :) - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.13.sllRxG&id=36289930044&_u=21q6ekj82df9

Cost us about SGD 600 after shipping. We have received it but have yet to open the packaging to set it up as the house is still rather dusty. The real product seems a little darker, we will follow up with real product pics and review here soon! :)

Hello! Am wondering which shipping company did you engage for the tv console? Can pm me? Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Time to give an update about the Fins sink we bought on Taobao. We have yet to move in, so the usage is about 2 days a week, left water spots to dry on their own for the past few visits.

25_Fins2.JPG

25_Fins1.JPG

25_Fins3.JPG

Generally, ok with it. We like the look. Only qualms are little rust marks and the usual dried water stains on stainless steel. But nothing that Cif can't clean away.

Edited by nickguthe

• Like 1

25_Fins3.JPG

Generally, ok with it. We like the look. Only qualms are little rust marks and the usual dried water stains on stainless steel. But nothing that Cif can't clean away.

You can buy those Stainless Steel protector from those DIY shop and apply.

It will prevent the rust but I am not sure how often you need to do it though.

Hope this help

You can buy those Stainless Steel protector from those DIY shop and apply.

It will prevent the rust but I am not sure how often you need to do it though.

Hope this help

Thanks! will look out for it :)

I like the sofa and bedframe :good:

Can share how much are they? Thanks!

hello there, would you mind telling me how much you paid for the sofa? Im looking at either a fabric or a leather one and im so grateful to you for sharing this shop cos I love the designs!!!

hello there, would you mind telling me how much you paid for the sofa? Im looking at either a fabric or a leather one and im so grateful to you for sharing this shop cos I love the designs!!!

Hello Emiclus,

I replied you the price via PM. We just want to be fair to Hommage because they are very careful not to disclose the pricing publicly online so that they don't offend their competitors. :)

Hi nickguthe, ur house is impressive with the furniture n fittings coming in. I think your pm is full and i cant reach you. Can share your id/contractor contacts? Thanks!!

Hi nickguthe, ur house is impressive with the furniture n fittings coming in. I think your pm is full and i cant reach you. Can share your id/contractor contacts? Thanks!!

Sent! :)

Aluminium frame is up! So happy :)

Study

23_AlumStudy.jpg

hey there! mind letting me know if you know who did up the aluminium frames? was it done by your contractor or ID? or a separate vendor?

thanks much :)

Enjoyed reading your t blog! And Thank you for sharing contact of your contractor! Would u be able to share the approximate price u paid to your contractor?

I really love your study but regrettably, have balloted for a 4room instead.

hey there! mind letting me know if you know who did up the aluminium frames? was it done by your contractor or ID? or a separate vendor?

thanks much :)

It was done through my contractor :)

Enjoyed reading your t blog! And Thank you for sharing contact of your contractor! Would u be able to share the approximate price u paid to your contractor?

I really love your study but regrettably, have balloted for a 4room instead.

Glad you enjoyed it! We just really wanted to document the journey like how the other blogs inspired us.

The total reno cost is slightly over $50k. (inclusive of GST, design fees and air-con). :)

Edited by nickguthe

We are almost thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

All carpentry, air con and most lights are in. All cleared up too.

Remaining reno

• some lighting adjustments
  • T5 lighting for kitchen worktop and bathroom
  • black aluminium frames for study and kitchen door

Living Room

• Lights in the living and dining area - 4 x 7 LED Watts x 3 rows of track lights + 2 pendants

20_almostThere01_living.JPG

Hi Nick, how long was 1 of your light track? :)

Hi Nick, how long was 1 of your light track? :)

this is 3 rows of 2 x 1 meter tracks. We bought the joints from the same TB shop and just join 2 tracks to become 1 long piece. :)