Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nickguthe

Brick Wall By The Floor 5Rm Bto @sengkang

Finally, we have moved in officially~!

On moving, for this we were more hardworking getting quotes since we consolidated a list of stuff that we wanted to move and sent to many moving services for quotes via email and calls.

Only 2 of them requested for site visit before signing. Shalom and Moving Partners. In the end, we went with Moving Partners. Second cheapest out of those quotes we gathered and does not charge by hour. Provided boxes and site visit as well.

Really glad we went with them. They lived up to their company motto of being swift and reliable. Our move was done in 1.5 hours. We had a king mattress, couple of tables and chairs, computers, drawers and 10 odd boxes. All furniture were wrapped up nicely.

Before move...

28_packed.JPG

Everything arrived safely at the new place.

28_delievered.JPG

Huat ar!

28_movein_ceremoney.JPG

okay, now back to the most challenging part... unpacking. LOL.

Just want to give a special mention to Shalom, with the additional cost, they do come with very nice features like portable clothes containers so that you don't have to iron your ironed clothes again. And the guy who did site visit is very observant in the things we might have missed out in the list. But we didn't think we will need that level of service. Maybe if I got very expensive, fragile stuff or a piano, I might consider them.

Edited by nickguthe

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats on the successful completion of your renovation and the move.

Love your reno btw and thank you for sharing the link on your TV console from Taobao.

Hope to get one myself.

Love ur bedroom curtains .. Simple and nice.. The guys showed me those with patterns .. See Liao wanna faint .. Is that grey?

Yea we were also offered the flowery/shiny/velvet ones first. We just keep saying simpler, lighter, less pattern also if they have linen type. So the guy got it and helped us source all the simple fabric.

Finally chose 3 different fabric for the different areas of the room. 1 light grey the other 2 closer to light cream. One of the cream ones is made of linen.

Thank goodness the guy who served us has so much patience. Lol.

Edited by nickguthe

Congrats on the successful completion of your renovation and the move.

Love your reno btw and thank you for sharing the link on your TV console from Taobao.

Hope to get one myself.

Thanks! All the best for your reno too!

24_kitchenFridge.jpg

Nice kitchen, layout is great and efforts had been invested in it.

If one thing I wanna nit pick will be the door. Is it a swing door or slide door? (correct me if I am wrong)

However if the door swing into dining/living and against a wall, then it is fine. :good:

I would have done the exact the same thing like you, except the stove and sink to swap places and use a hood instead of a chimney hood.

Hood offer more cabinets on top, though will look congested.

These, however are just personal preference. Prefer cooking fumes to be near to service balcony than living.

The ample table top is brilliance, imagine with all the electrical appliances and what have you when you move in.

Throw in the preparation of food, especially if you bake, simply superb.

Ample 13A sockets for usage which some will underestimate the need of it.

Oven height is desirable, not on the low where one has to bend/squat to check the baking/roasting.

And consider the weight of the cast iron cookware, oven on the low may prove a little more challenging.

The good mixture of drawers and casement is a big plus!

No doubt casement stores more, however one has to squat and "dig in" to get things.

Drawing slides out and get a bird's eyes view. Ok, this is coming from a old man 's POV.

A undeniable well plan, well thought kitchen. :thumbs up:

• Like 1

What do u use to clean your parquet floor? Normal floor washing detergent can ?

Not sure. I tried using Mr. Muscle Marble & Terrazzo 3 in 1 Floor Cleaner, squeaky clean but scared in the long run will hurt the parquet. In the end, bought Sofix Parquet Floor Cleaner. Yet to try it. :P