Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nickguthe

Brick Wall By The Floor 5Rm Bto @sengkang

hi nick,

can i know... did u use the original regulators for ur petite fans? if yes...can u snap a pic?

if no, which switch brand did u use? and snap a pic as well..

thanks

Here you go. When you stand near the regulator, at the normal adult height, you won't be able to see the "dot". It is blocked by the button at eye level. lol

30_regulator.JPG

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks nickguthe.. My mum managed to find one at hougang neighborhood shops... I have finally moved in yesterday .. Looking to fix up the sound bar after some unpacking

Thanks nickguthe.. My mum managed to find one at hougang neighborhood shops... I have finally moved in yesterday .. Looking to fix up the sound bar after some unpacking

Congrats! Welcome to Buangkok :)

Edited by nickguthe

Hi,

Do you mind sharing the contractor contact together with the quotation with me?

And also the price for the sofa from hommage...

Thank you so much!

Update about the console

Managed to clean up the house and had it set up today. It comes without the legs attached. To assemble, We only need to screw in the legs. And put in the shelf for the middle compartment. Whole console is made of solid wood, very heavy.

21_consoleopen.jpg

All set up! The biggest problem we have with it, is with the sliding doors. They do not slide smoothly. Needed quite some work. We had to sand the grooves (where the wheels run), apply lubricant, loosen the bolt. A lot of trial and error to get it finally sliding smoothly. But for 600 SGD, it was a pretty good buy. When we received it few weeks ago, it was properly packed within a wooden crate support.

21_consolesetup3.JPG

21_consolesetup2.JPG

21_consolesetup.JPG

Wow nice! Is this made of real solid ply wood?

Wow nice! Is this made of real solid ply wood?

It is made of solid wood. Marketed as oak. Feels really heavy and solid. the sliding part will warp very slightly to make the sliding a little tough over time. But other then that looks and feels sturdy.

Hi Nickguthe, how did you manage to pump the bicycle tire? I bought the normal bicycle pump but cannot fit the tire.

Hey Puggy, we managed to get it pumped at the gas station near our house - those that they use to pump car tyres.

We also have this pump at home for the bikes, got it long time ago at a local bike shop. Worked for us.

33_pump.JPG

33_pump2.JPG

Maybe you are missing the the bicycle pump adapter thingy (I don't know what they call it) . Hope this helps.

Edited by nickguthe

We have moved into our humble abode for about a month now. It has been great. I constantly feel the need to mop the floor to keep the house squeaky clean. LOL

We also managed to cleared out the mess in the bomb shelter and got the shelving racks installed.

In the end we went with Sim Win Liang because we wanted full metal shelving and it has a good mix of shelves with different depth options. (A lot of cheaper options but all came with wooden boards as the shelves, and I hate getting splinters when the wood chip overtime.)

We got the measurements and pricing on their website which makes it easy to plan and order.

In the end we went with a L shape arrangement. Got the silver one cos cheaper XD.

1) 129 x 50 cm for the back

2) 129 x 40 cm for the side

Ordered on Wednesday, delivery and set up on Saturday morning.

31_Shelves1.JPG

Surprisingly light but very sturdy and easy to change the height of the shelving.

31_Shelves2.JPG

All filled up with our junk in no time.

31_Shelves3.JPG

Yay! Cushions and arm chair from Taobao have arrived too :)

32_livingroom.JPG

We have moved into our humble abode for about a month now. It has been great. I constantly feel the need to mop the floor to keep the house squeaky clean. LOL

We also managed to cleared out the mess in the bomb shelter and got the shelving racks installed.

In the end we went with Sim Win Liang because we wanted full metal shelving and it has a good mix of shelves with different depth options. (A lot of cheaper options but all came with wooden boards as the shelves, and I hate getting splinters when the wood chip overtime.)

We got the measurements and pricing on their website which makes it easy to plan and order.

In the end we went with a L shape arrangement. Got the silver one cos cheaper XD.

1) 129 x 50 cm for the back

2) 129 x 40 cm for the side

Ordered on Wednesday, delivery and set up on Saturday morning.

31_Shelves1.JPG

Surprisingly light but very sturdy and easy to change the height of the shelving.

31_Shelves2.JPG

All filled up with our junk in no time.

31_Shelves3.JPG

Yay! Cushions and arm chair from Taobao have arrived too :)

32_livingroom.JPG

love your armchair and that circus inspired looking cushion! such a nice combi! could you kindly share what is the paint color used behind your TV please? :D

• Like 1

(cont'd from previous post)

And we will not accept that triangular eye sore plus this vertically laid subway tiles...
16_verticalSubway.JPG
After discussion with contractor and ID, We decided to hack away the entire under beam strip of tiles. ID suggested that we can paint it black to make it look like a portal for the zoning of the kitchen door, since this coincides with the grout we chose. Problem solved.
So beware of these structural beams especially if you are choosing the challenging smaller tiles. As explained by my ID, this kind of surprises will happen, it is no one's fault. One way to reduce this risk is to choose bigger flat tiles so that when they are cut, it is not that obvious or hide the funny edges with carpentry. But we chose to use 3D subway tiles and have them exposed at the edges, so this is the risk we will take for a design we want. Currently, we are satisfied with the current rectified results with black grout before the black paint is applied.
16_withgroutandrectified.png
Progress is going good and we are enjoying the whole reno journey thus far. :)

But does your ID still charge you for the tiles and manpower after a boo boo job, and charge you for black paint?

love your armchair and that circus inspired looking cushion! such a nice combi! could you kindly share what is the paint color used behind your TV please? :D

Nice. No cheesy "ID-packaged" feature walls.

• Like 1