Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nickguthe

Brick Wall By The Floor 5Rm Bto @sengkang

Hi nick, I am also intending to do a brick feature wall. May I know how big is your craftstone feature wall and the total cost? Which model is it? Is the installation done by your contractor or the staffs from craftstone? Thanks!

We are almost thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

All carpentry, air con and most lights are in. All cleared up too.

Remaining reno

• some lighting adjustments
  • T5 lighting for kitchen worktop and bathroom
  • black aluminium frames for study and kitchen door

Living Room

• Lights in the living and dining area - 4 x 7 LED Watts x 3 rows of track lights + 2 pendants

20_almostThere01_living.JPG

Area in front of study

• 4 x 7 Watts LED Track + 12 Watts LED Ceiling Mounted

20_almostThere02_living.JPG

Study Area

• We have a 28 Watt fluorescent ceiling mounted light but on its own it is not bright enough, update next time when we make the switch to something brighter

20_almostThere03_Study.JPG

Corridor

• 3 x 4 Watt LED Down Lights
  • Side note: I am so proud of our air con trunking!

20_almostThere04_living.JPG

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi nick, I am also intending to do a brick feature wall. May I know how big is your craftstone feature wall and the total cost? Which model is it? Is the installation done by your contractor or the staffs from craftstone? Thanks!

Length is 2.7m at $1.8k. Done by my contractor. We chose the close to white/cream colour and painted white over it. :)

Edited by nickguthe

Great and informative T-blog! Love the study, except if i were to do it myself I would make frosted glass so I don't get distracted while doing my work LOL (cos i get distracted very easily). And also for privacy as perhaps I could put a sofabed inside to use it as a guest room if I have friends from overseas... :)

Since so many people commenting here are regular TB buyers, I would like to ask...do they sell the brick wall panels on TB? My Mandarin is very poor and I don't know what search term to use even if I figure out (through sheer guesswork) how to use TB given my handicap LOL.

Nickguthe, any advice...? :)

Since so many people commenting here are regular TB buyers, I would like to ask...do they sell the brick wall panels on TB? My Mandarin is very poor and I don't know what search term to use even if I figure out (through sheer guesswork) how to use TB given my handicap LOL.

Nickguthe, any advice...? :)

Usually I will use google translate to get a first term and slowly copy and paste from the TB search results to get closer to what we are looking for.

I gave "白砖" a go, got quite a lot of listing :)

http://s.m.taobao.com/h5?q=白砖&search-bton=&event_submit_do_new_search_auction=1&_input_charset=utf-8&topSearch=1&atype=b&searchfrom=1&action=home%3Aredirect_app_action&from=1&ttid=

Hope this is helpful. :) happy Taobao-ing!

Edited by nickguthe

Managed to put up the art prints and assembled the sideboard that we bought from Taobao. Took this opportunity to take some shots. :)

34_foyer.jpg

Sideboard from Taobao: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=15992805496&spm=a1z09.2.9.82.cmytmj&_u=e1q6ekj82696

Review: Solid wood, heavy and sturdy. Only need to screw in the legs. but quite smelly. Wood varnish smell is strong when the cupboard is open.

34_living_1.jpg

34_dining.jpg

3 prints from the this Taobao listing: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=39258532011&spm=a1z09.2.9.73.xbuxkV&_u=e1q6ekj87b88

Quite high quality print. :) No complains.

34_kitchen.jpg

34_master.jpg

Round side table from tabao: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=35677711844&spm=a1z09.2.9.276.xbuxkV&_u=e1q6ekj8a6b2

Sturdy, no issues.

Almost 3 months since we moved in. Quite happy with everything except the Bennington C600 instant heater... Need to let the water run in order to get the water warm enough. Temperature is not consistent too. The water will be cold again halfway through the shower. Not sure if other fellow Bennington users are facing the same problem. :help: Contemplating to change it to storage heater. Will storage heater help with the water pressure? Cos the Bennington C600 relies on the inherent water pressure HDB provides and ours is pretty weak. Calling town council didn't help, says it is the max. :(

Edited by nickguthe

• Like 1

The wood colour of Your sideboard from Tmall in the living room is matt or shiny cos I read from Tmall that they put 木蜡油?

Can't tell if there is 木蜡油, but definitely matt, not shiny.

Hi there....your home looks very cosy! Btw, where did u get the dining table from? Tia

Thank you. It is the Curve table from Air Furniture. :)

Edited by nickguthe

Hi nickguthe, after all the items you purchased from taobao reached Oops singapore warehous, how did you managed to receive all? Will they provide u a correct delivery date?

I think if we can know the delivery date in advance then can apply the leave & wait them at home to receive the item.

Hi nickguthe, after all the items you purchased from taobao reached Oops singapore warehous, how did you managed to receive all? Will they provide u a correct delivery date?

I think if we can know the delivery date in advance then can apply the leave & wait them at home to receive the item.

Don't think Oops have a warehouse, they deliver them after Singapore customs clearance.

They will call you about 2-3 days before the actual delivery, will specify morning or afternoon, but not the actual delivery time. Yes, one of us will take leave to receive the goods. Delivery itself is very fast, they load off the packages in your house quickly.