Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nickguthe

Brick Wall By The Floor 5Rm Bto @sengkang

Don't think Oops have a warehouse, they deliver them after Singapore customs clearance.

They will call you about 2-3 days before the actual delivery, will specify morning or afternoon, but not the actual delivery time. Yes, one of us will take leave to receive the goods. Delivery itself is very fast, they load off the packages in your house quickly.

Thanks for your prompt reply :rolleyes:

So mean they can confirm the date but not the timing right? I think still ok because I can apply whole day leave & wait them come. :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks for your prompt reply :rolleyes:

So mean they can confirm the date but not the timing right? I think still ok because I can apply whole day leave & wait them come. :D

Yep that's right :)

We are almost thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

All carpentry, air con and most lights are in. All cleared up too.

Remaining reno

• some lighting adjustments
  • T5 lighting for kitchen worktop and bathroom
  • black aluminium frames for study and kitchen door

Living Room

• Lights in the living and dining area - 4 x 7 LED Watts x 3 rows of track lights + 2 pendants

20_almostThere01_living.JPG

Area in front of study

• 4 x 7 Watts LED Track + 12 Watts LED Ceiling Mounted

20_almostThere02_living.JPG

Study Area

• We have a 28 Watt fluorescent ceiling mounted light but on its own it is not bright enough, update next time when we make the switch to something brighter

20_almostThere03_Study.JPG

Corridor

• 3 x 4 Watt LED Down Lights
  • Side note: I am so proud of our air con trunking!

20_almostThere04_living.JPG

Hi bro, nice place you have! can i check how you managed to hang the pendant lights separately w/o any holder when you have no false ceiling? there is only one electrical point there right?

Hi,

Do you have issues with water spotting for your air curve dining table? Mine easily has water spots and it is impossible to get rid of. Trying to find a suitable protection to apply.

Hi,

Do you have issues with water spotting for your air curve dining table? Mine easily has water spots and it is impossible to get rid of. Trying to find a suitable protection to apply.

We have similar issues. Must be careful with food with acid as well, the vinegar left a mark which can be seen at an angle as well. We haven't found a way to protect the marble unfortunately.

Edited by nickguthe

Study

23_AlumStudy.jpg

May I know how high is the top of your half-wall (for your study), & also, the thickness of the (aluminium) frames that "sits" on that wall? Were other materials proposed to you to make the black frame?

May I know how high is the top of your half-wall (for your study), & also, the thickness of the (aluminium) frames that "sits" on that wall? Were other materials proposed to you to make the black frame?

Half wall height is 90cm. The outer structural aluminium frames that holds the glass are about 7 cm thick. The inner frames - "windows" are about 3 cm thick. We also explored using mild steel which could be thinner but we don't know how it looks like and the quotation for mild steel is more than double the aluminum's, hence the decision to stick with aluminium.

Edited by nickguthe

...The outer structural aluminium frames that holds the glass are about 7 cm thick. The inner frames - "windows" are about 3 cm thick. We also explored using mild steel which could be thinner...

Exactly, i.e. I am also faced with such a dilemma now (choosing between mild steel versus aluminium). Was told by my vendor that aluminium frames have to be slightly thicker because aluminium is soft(er than steel).

Is there anywhere to tell if a metal piece is aluminium or mild steel? Is mild steel magnetic?

I'm still (stuck) deciding...between the 2 materials for my metal frame.

Hi Nick, loves your reno so much! I love how you match the colors of your wardrobe. Could you PM me your contractor contact and the price for your sofa and bedframe? Thanks alot in advance :)

Edited by joejoeteng

Exactly, i.e. I am also faced with such a dilemma now (choosing between mild steel versus aluminium). Was told by my vendor that aluminium frames have to be slightly thicker because aluminium is soft(er than steel).

Is there anywhere to tell if a metal piece is aluminium or mild steel? Is mild steel magnetic?

I'm still (stuck) deciding...between the 2 materials for my metal frame.

No idea if it is magnetic. Never seen it before.

Looking back at the choices made, we are glad that we chose aluminium. In our opinion, it still looks great and we are happy with it. It felt good that we didn't spend the additional since the cheaper option is good enough. I think the key here is to make sure the design of the lines are properly planned and not left up to chance. :)

Edited by nickguthe

...It felt good that we didn't spend the additional since the cheaper option is good enough..

Just curious, how much more did your ID quote you if you were to go for mild steel with the same design?

..I think the key here is to make sure the design of the lines are properly planned and not left up to chance. :)

You referring to the "divisions" of the glass panels? Did you came up with the design by yourself, or did your ID design them?

Just curious, how much more did your ID quote you if you were to go for mild steel with the same design? ?

2-3k for aluminum vs 5-6k for mild steel

You referring to the "divisions" of the glass panels? Did you came up with the design by yourself, or did your ID design them?

Yes the divisions. :) our ID suggested the design. We collected reference photos of what we like as well to communicate the vision.

For us, the design of the bottom line match the 90cm height dry wall. 2nd part also 90cm. Then the remainder at the top.

The width of each section are equal divisions across whole width.

We also worked with the aluminium guy through our contractor to discuss the intended design.

• Like 1