Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nickguthe

Brick Wall By The Floor 5Rm Bto @sengkang

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Harlow Bro,

Your house is nice! I need some urgent advise, can you share with me, what is the distance of your track lights, lights and fans from the walls?

Thank you so much in advance!!

Harlow Bro,

Your house is nice! I need some urgent advise, can you share with me, what is the distance of your track lights, lights and fans from the walls?

Thank you so much in advance!!

Can't remember the exact. But think my contractor recommended 40 cm from the wall.:P

Edited by nickguthe

can you share with me, what is the distance of your track lights, lights and fans from the walls?

@zjwbotak:

is your concern with regards to reducing the flickering of lights due to the spread of the light from the tracklights being intercepted by the spinning radius of the fan(s)?

Update about the console

Managed to clean up the house and had it set up today. It comes without the legs attached. To assemble, We only need to screw in the legs. And put in the shelf for the middle compartment. Whole console is made of solid wood, very heavy.

21_consoleopen.jpg

All set up! The biggest problem we have with it, is with the sliding doors. They do not slide smoothly. Needed quite some work. We had to sand the grooves (where the wheels run), apply lubricant, loosen the bolt. A lot of trial and error to get it finally sliding smoothly. But for 600 SGD, it was a pretty good buy. When we received it few weeks ago, it was properly packed within a wooden crate support.

21_consolesetup3.JPG

21_consolesetup2.JPG

21_consolesetup.JPG

Hi,

may i know where do you get the light beside your console & how much is it? :)

Update about the console

Managed to clean up the house and had it set up today. It comes without the legs attached. To assemble, We only need to screw in the legs. And put in the shelf for the middle compartment. Whole console is made of solid wood, very heavy.

21_consoleopen.jpg

All set up! The biggest problem we have with it, is with the sliding doors. They do not slide smoothly. Needed quite some work. We had to sand the grooves (where the wheels run), apply lubricant, loosen the bolt. A lot of trial and error to get it finally sliding smoothly. But for 600 SGD, it was a pretty good buy. When we received it few weeks ago, it was properly packed within a wooden crate support.

21_consolesetup3.JPG

21_consolesetup2.JPG

21_consolesetup.JPG

Hi Nickguthe
Thank you for sharing your Tv console picture!
I am thinking of getting the same console but am afraid that it will not fit in my htpc.
Can i check if the middle plank at the middle section can be remove?
Also if it is not too much to ask for, can i get your help to getting the dimension w X l X h of the middle session? and also the measuremeant of the middle of cable hole to the floor level?
Thank you very much!

Hi Nickguthe
Thank you for sharing your Tv console picture!
I am thinking of getting the same console but am afraid that it will not fit in my htpc.
Can i check if the middle plank at the middle section can be remove?
Also if it is not too much to ask for, can i get your help to getting the dimension w X l X h of the middle session? and also the measuremeant of the middle of cable hole to the floor level?
Thank you very much!

Yes the middle plank can be removed. :)

The space dimension

Length: 56cm

Depth: 30cm

Height: 32cm

Height from floor to the bottom of the hole: approximately 24 cm.

Edited by nickguthe

Hi nick , just to ask how's your TB kitchen sink n bathroom basins so far? My contractor strongly does not encourage me to buy the sink n basins from TB cos 9 out of his customers who bought from TB encounter water leakage after using due to the opening in Basin n sink is 2.5" whereas water pipe in singaporr is only 2". Could u pls advise whether u encounter the same problem too? Thankssss

Hi,

Nice renovation.

Can I trouble you for taking photos of your living room at night? With curtain closed.

I would like to see how bright is your living room with your light setup.

Can you give me the link for:

1. The spotlights used for your track lights

2. The lamp above your dining table

3. The TV cabinet link seems no longer working. The seller no longer sell the item?

Thanks!

Almost 3 months since we moved in. Quite happy with everything except the Bennington C600 instant heater... Need to let the water run in order to get the water warm enough. Temperature is not consistent too. The water will be cold again halfway through the shower. Not sure if other fellow Bennington users are facing the same problem. :help: Contemplating to change it to storage heater. Will storage heater help with the water pressure? Cos the Bennington C600 relies on the inherent water pressure HDB provides and ours is pretty weak. Calling town council didn't help, says it is the max. :(

The C600 heater has been around for many years and I am surprised this is the first time I hear about the inconsistent temperature problem. I am considering getting the C600... Did you engage a plumber to look into your tap mixers? Apparently, it's quite common for HDB workers to leave lots of sand and stones in the mixers. This may explain your inconsistent water temperature and low water pressure.

The C600 heater has been around for many years and I am surprised this is the first time I hear about the inconsistent temperature problem. I am considering getting the C600... Did you engage a plumber to look into your tap mixers? Apparently, it's quite common for HDB workers to leave lots of sand and stones in the mixers. This may explain your inconsistent water temperature and low water pressure.

We complained to HDB plumber and he came to take a look, but he can't see anything that might have cause it. We have decided to buy a storage heater instead, still waiting for installation. When we were buying the storage heater at Jalan Besar, the lady at Poh Seng Hardware told us that there were other people using multi-point heater who decided to change to storage heater as well due to same issues. (But we didn't ask if it was Bennington C600)

Maybe our case with C600 it one-off or maybe we are got too used to the storage heater at our parents' place.

Hi nick , just to ask how's your TB kitchen sink n bathroom basins so far? My contractor strongly does not encourage me to buy the sink n basins from TB cos 9 out of his customers who bought from TB encounter water leakage after using due to the opening in Basin n sink is 2.5" whereas water pipe in singaporr is only 2". Could u pls advise whether u encounter the same problem too? Thankssss

Functionality seems ok. Yes our contractor had to find parts that can fit our bathroom sinks during installation. After using for a few months, I did find the pipes having chemical-ish smell when I open the cabinet.

Hi,

Nice renovation.

Can I trouble you for taking photos of your living room at night? With curtain closed.

I would like to see how bright is your living room with your light setup.

Can you give me the link for:

1. The spotlights used for your track lights

2. The lamp above your dining table

3. The TV cabinet link seems no longer working. The seller no longer sell the item?

Thanks!

Here are some photos of photos with curtains closed or at night. For now, don't have time to retake the photos. So sorry.

House is pitch dark when curtains are fully drawn. Light is sufficient for us to work on our laptops at the dining area at night.

Good thing about using track lights is you can always add or remove to cater to your own needs. You can use 6 instead of 4 per row if you find our layout too dark.

35_CurtainClose.jpg

or you can refer to this post for the photos taken at night. http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/65217-brick-wall-by-the-floor-5rm-bto-sengkang/?p=882758

Hope this helps.

Links

Spotlights: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.218.24apsA&id=38436596358&_u=11q6ekj80192 (7W 暖白光)

Lamps: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.221.cWAx2E&id=21639063528&_u=11q6ekj8d720

TV Cabinet: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.45.Ie6Rb6&id=36289930044&_u=q1q6ekj81370

Edited by nickguthe