Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
moolala83

4Rm Bto At The West ~ Humble Nest

Hi all! After roaming renotalk t-blog for so long, it's time for some contribution. Like everyone else, after years of waiting, i finally got my keys. Below will be my floor plan:

azhzc0.jpg

Next... Selection of ID time!

Edited by moolala83

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ID selection is really not easy, took me 6 months to confirm one. So far these are the ID i have approached and my very honest opinion, luckily the harassment law has come into place, so i'm not afraid to give honest comments as i understand from friends and forummers, ID who cannot accept comments in the end called homeowners and even ended up at their house. Good ID should receive praises likewise bad ID should really look to improve.

K*l**d* spamming ID firm - Sent my requirements, got back to me within a week. Met up once to talk more in details. This lady Michelle went into details, material advise, open for ideas and my needs. So far a very good experience. Was told to wait for second quotation but in the end no news... maybe too busy or something.

Living Art - Thomas got back to me very fast, always following up on my decision and if pricing is ok. Very sincere guy. Would've engaged him but i was piled with quotations, my work and personal issues. Even though read his quotation a few times, it just didnt get into my brain.. too much distractions

WaWe Design - No news

Behome - No news

9 degrees - Sent my enquiry and no news. Only after 1 month later where i asked about it, they missed my email. But otherwise, realizing that, they manage to work something out very quickly and fast... even at 12am midnight. Very dedicated and sincere. But it came too late.

Earth Living - Oh no.. still gives me the creeps. For them i have to apologize, i apologize that my budget cannot meet your demands so that after meeting a few times you can never remember me. I also apologize that every needs, questions and request i have raised up are so silly that you always laughed sarcastically at. I also understand that you do not do onsite visit and can design, draw and renovate everything with your imagination which i have to not only respect but in no way i can negotiate, give my idea or say no to whatever u want. :angry2:

Triple S - First to get to me. Very fast quotation and sincere approach. Able to give ideas, material to use, assurance and very attentive. Gave a lot of creative ideas which is sure to burst my budget.

In the end, i chose triple S as my ID. Anderson is my ID in contact. Reason: Very sincere, open to discussion. Even though it over my budget, i know that i am willing to fork out more for their assurance and attentiveness. While i'm not a demanding person, i still hadnt made up my mind on few details. So during discussion with them, they actually re-quoted me 6 times! :jawdrop: But, they always did it with a smile. Give ideas relentlessly, on the design, practicality and material. As i'm writing this, renovation is ongoing for the 1st week already. So far so good. Let's see how he fared on the design then. 3D design coming up next!

Edited by moolala83

I told my ID i would do a tblog in renotalk. which i was very straightforward too, if he does a good job, i will say good and recommend, if bad job, i will be very straightforward too. Once i signed the paper, i will give my trust, once break it.. i can be a pest. :bleah:

Anyway 3D design is up~

Shoe cabinet and wall feature:

10258456 10151945668282563 7991121247437813523 N

Living room TV console and wall feature:

10271468 10151945668162563 1581090683704819967 N

Kitchen:

10253877 10151945668167563 4565784993899397016 N

1926913 10151945668177563 7600931019747158249 N

Edited by moolala83

Master bedroom my mini walk in wardrobe..hope i have more space for the bed.. which i think gonna be rather squeezy:

Master bedroom tv wall:

1487428 10151945668147563 467475452124531620 N

Study room:

10259971 10151945668172563 2539476028807502130 N

Another room only wardrobe:

10255668 10151945668142563 5964103737470818085 N

Thats all. Wanted to do toilets, but not enough money already, plus cannot hack the tiles. If overlay, i fear of water accumulate underneath and tiles will drop off easy. so toilet is just the usual top and bottom vanity with tempered glass shower screen

Edited by moolala83

check with you, how much for the above works? could you share the quotation with me?

quotation varies a lot on the material usage. but i can pm u for a rough guide :notti:

first day of work:

vfywsh.jpg

b8691x.jpg

service yard 2 louvre windows.. out and away! put one fix glass. i dont see why i would need to open the louvre window anyway as i be putting window and grills at my service yard. louvre window more difficult to clean oil and grease. so... hack!

2-3 day of work

cement bases all up!

left side kitchen:

20ppvs5.jpg

right side kitchen:

206y64m.jpg

service yard washing machine base:

hs5ph0.jpg

gas heater up also:

zjxrgn.jpg

toilet kerbs for the shower screens are also up.. but didnt take pic. oops

4-5 day of work... 'christmas' lights without bulb for my entire place. wiring time!

IMG 20140428 WA0012

sadly, after that everything came to a halt, because the aircon was arranged too last min and couldnt accomodate to our timing. only after aircon piping is up, then painting can start.... oh well.

Hello neighbour. Very nice design for your new home.

neighbour? huh? haha. feel free drop me pm anytime. ;)