Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lim2014

Window Grille

Hi all, what is the cost of aluminium window grilles for two rooms along corridor? Simple horizontal lines in sliver colour. I was quoted $830 by my contractor and i think its not cheap. Anyone care to share?

• Like 2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all, what is the cost of aluminium window grilles for two rooms along corridor? Simple horizontal lines in sliver colour. I was quoted $830 by my contractor and i think its not cheap. Anyone care to share?

bb xicloudix <bbxicloudix@hotmail.com>

Emai to this contractor.

I have no biz with this contractor. i'm also looking for window grille contractor and happen to see this contact from Motherhood forum. I asked for quotation for 22 panels of windows (also horizontal designs) and his quote is about $1400. So definitely its cheaper than your contractor.

Please don't ever, ever, ever, ever, never, never, never, never engage Soo Liang Trading. He (Mr Koh HB-04-2483F) is very cheap but he delays the work big time.

I sign on his package and paid deposit on 21 May 2014. He suppose to send in application to HDB for a permit... but he drag and drag I called him like almost everyday. The response is: I will do it.

Eventually he did it, but he drew my window at the wrong place in my copy of my floor plan which he submit to HDB for approval weeks later.

I had to call the HDB officer and gave her my number to call him to resubmit a new floor plan since he drew on the wrong position.

He drag on until 21 July 2014 my permit was approved, I called him and he said he will finish my grille on 22 July 2014, and he will come in the morning.

He came at 8 plus am and put three badly scratched windows outside my door.

I called him at 9:30am and he said he is nearby and will come up.

He came at 10am and I told him the window panels are scratched. Can you change it?

He says fine, and he went off till 1:30pm, I called him asking if he is coming back to fix my grille and windows, and I am skipping lunch waiting for him.

He says he is coming which he reached at 2pm and finished my work in the late evening. And no, he didn't lift a finger, the china man fixed all my grille. The indian man fixed my windows.

Please do not engage him! !! you will vomit blood and regret like me!!

And until now he took back my agreement, and did not send me any invoice which he promised. From 22nd July 2014 till now 19th August 2014, no invoice in my letterbox.

And he doesn't bother listening to your reasons or any opinion. He always do things and fix timing all HIS OWN WAY.

Go direct to the manufacturer/supplier, and not through contractor if you want the best pricing. Window grilles for my entire house cost me <$1100. Very reasonable considering that the panels are much bigger than the new HDBs. My hall already 6 large window panels...

Mine was unipac. They provide good service and price is reasonable. You can google online for their website and contact. I'm looking for info on invisible grille. Intending to install for living room windows. Any recommendation is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, I recommend Alex from A&V Aluminium Contractor. They've their own factory for manufacturing, and before I started renovation for my house, I contact 3-4 direct contractors for Quotation, and Alex was the one that provides the best bang for bucks quotation.

I have totally no regrets on giving him the job.

Just for ref:

1. Mine is a 5 room flat, change all windows (including toilet) plus grilles. All windows are white powder coated and grilles can be WPC too, depending on our final decision. Bear in mind that our flat has ultra big panels of windows (almost 10-15% bigger than the current BTO units), Oh ya, also add in the additional windows & grilles for my recess area

2. All windows in the house will be Casement (was told by almost all window contractors that casement will be more expensive than sliding, only A&V told me that it's the same price since no diff in cost), except recess area will be sliding.

Total cost for everything above is around 7.2K.

I have used my contractor and he charged me for my 3 room BTO for whole unit's grilles and 1 set of sliding window at service yard for $1200. Service is pretty good and lead time is 1 week upon site confirmation. Can try his service since his service and installation date is quite prompt and accurate.

His email is : uncle.moh.msia@gmail.com, local company with relevant permit for window submission.