Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Xiej0007

Our Yishun Greenwalk 5-Room Simple Simple Reno Journey

Hi enadee, I've pm-ed you.

Have not collected my keys yet. Waiting for HDB. Hopefully can collect start June. Crossing my fingers about this. Trying to have almost whole reno done before Chinese seventh month. :)

Eh.. I also have yet to collect my keys.. End June like wat HdB posted on my HDB pg...

Which blk r u frm....!!??? R we nex door or same blk neighbours...?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Have been searching high and low for a fabric sofa which gives a cosy feeling, comfortable and is within our budget.

Our 3 weeks search ended last sunday when we finally bought our sofa at sungei kadut!

gallery_59873_360_19167.jpg

It is a 2.65m L-shaped sofa, and the price is cheaper by few hundred bucks as compared to the exact same model which is showcased in town area.

Next up, will be our coffee table, dinning table and the mattress.

Also cant wait for the 3d diagram to be out! Hopefully first draft will be done by this week!

Edited by Xiej0007

Eh.. I also have yet to collect my keys.. End June like wat HdB posted on my HDB pg...

Which blk r u frm....!!??? R we nex door or same blk neighbours...?

Hi Enadee, pmed you :)

Received the first draft of 3d images from our ID this week. Immediately after seeing the images, the kiasu us immediately arrange a follow-up appointment with our ID to discuss more in-depth on the changes. Felt abit paisei as we spent another 2 hours plus with him discussing on the things to add and the whole revamp of the colour scheme of the house. Throughout the 2 hour plus discussion, our ID is patient with us and kept assuring us it is definitely ok to have the changes as it is our house. We both felt lucky to have found the right person for the job.

In a nut shell, we change from vinyl flooring to parquet, change the colour to a bit more "earth" feeling, and add some wall shelving.

Looking forward to the second draft of the images.

Below are the first draft that we received

gallery_59873_360_554535.jpg

gallery_59873_360_349370.jpg

gallery_59873_360_339164.jpg

Edited by Xiej0007

Finally we bought our second set of furniture, the dinning set!

It is a torturous process as we are torn between the first walnut table below and "yusof ishak". gallery_59873_360_282071.png

gallery_59873_360_7187.jpg

In the end, the price won the day and we bought a cheaper dinning set which is around 1k cheaper. With this 1k in saving, we can channel it to fund our top up for the parquet flooring. Below is the cheaper dining set we bought

gallery_59873_360_421171.png

Bought the bed without difficulty as we bought the same model of bed which we are using currently.

So bed, dinning set, sofa settled. Other than lighting, the rest should be a breeze as it is quite standard (i.e. tv, fridge, sink)

Now can slowly relax one corner already. HAHAHA

Made an appointment with oil painting seller yesterday morning (while my wife is away on a meeting).

Against the decree of her highness, I bought the first painting (60cm by 90cm) for our new house!! The cute cute pic would be placed on the wall of the study area.

gallery_59873_360_450265.png

Would prefer this painting but she said that it is too sexy... In my opinion, the second painting colour is more appealing to me. Maybe one house cannot have two women, so cannot put another female painting. haha. If bought this painting, would place it on the wall of the passageway or the dinning area wall (maybe appetite is better when seeing this painting)

gallery_59873_360_347308.png

Would also like the feel of the painting in the pic below, but cant seem to find the right one at the moment.

gallery_59873_360_6870.png

Next painting would be to convert our wedding pic into realism oil painting. But this one need to wait for reno to be over and take exact measurement before ordering for the oil painting. This one cant play play as the price is quite steep. Quite excited to see how it will turn out to be. Maybe this one can put along the wall of passageway. If put at sofa area, it is quite zi-lian. Passageway abit more subtle.

gallery_59873_360_20341.png

Part 1

Spam one last post during the weekend before weekday comes!

Sharing some images which we I like:

1) I like the casual, abit messy room. Simple and cosy.

gallery_59873_360_203633.png

gallery_59873_360_73953.png

2) Living room must have abit of greenaries

gallery_59873_360_213852.png

gallery_59873_360_177947.png

Part 2

3) It must be simple and minimum, so that I dont need to be nagged at to do alot of housekeeping

gallery_59873_360_317816.png

gallery_59873_360_25370.jpg

gallery_59873_360_177486.png

4) I want the kitchen not to have cabinets at the top, instead replace with shelves. But she don't want. Ok, let's move on.

gallery_59873_360_59539.png

5) The space planning of the house must be such that it suit our lifestyle, our characters. Messiness can be a beauty.

gallery_59873_360_233099.png

6) Most importantly, it is the person who you live with which ultimately matters. The fox painting reminds me of her highness when she is asking for favour

gallery_59873_360_197220.png

Period.

Finally we bought our second set of furniture, the dinning set!

It is a torturous process as we are torn between the first walnut table below and "yusof ishak". gallery_59873_360_282071.png

gallery_59873_360_7187.jpg

In the end, the price won the day and we bought a cheaper dinning set which is around 1k cheaper. With this 1k in saving, we can channel it to fund our top up for the parquet flooring. Below is the cheaper dining set we bought

gallery_59873_360_421171.png

Bought the bed without difficulty as we bought the same model of bed which we are using currently.

So bed, dinning set, sofa settled. Other than lighting, the rest should be a breeze as it is quite standard (i.e. tv, fridge, sink)

Now can slowly relax one corner already. HAHAHA

Hei neighbour..

Nice dining set...! Where did u get it frm..?

As well as the sofa, share ur lobangs can..? 😉😉

Hi neighbor the dark walnut table is from koda, while the one we gotten is from scanteak.

Sofa is from sungei kadut international furniture centre Sal Sal

U chosen your ID alr? :)

Hi Xiej0007

Your 3D drawings looks nice. its exactly the same concept I have in mind for my upcoming home.

Can you PM me your detailed quote so I know what to expect?

Thanks!

Like your mood pictures! A bit of messiness adds character to the home right?

Like your mood pictures! A bit of messiness adds character to the home right?

Haha ya agree! Hopefully next time the house won't be too overly messy. :D

Hi Xiej0007

Your 3D drawings looks nice. its exactly the same concept I have in mind for my upcoming home.

Can you PM me your detailed quote so I know what to expect?

Thanks!

I've mailed you. :)