Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Xiej0007

Our Yishun Greenwalk 5-Room Simple Simple Reno Journey

Hi, a question open to all, is it ok to purchase bathroom accessories such as toilet roll holder etc which requires drilling? will it damage the wall tiles?

Would you recommend the drill or suction kind?

Thanks in advance!

Hi surfsiderose,

I think both have its pros and cons.

Drilling will create holes in your walls but it's probably more sturdy. But u probably cannot change position cos of the ugly holes.

Suction definitely allows you to change position of the accessories down the road. But it may not hold heavy weights.

Not sure whether drilling will damage the wall tiles though. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dropped by the place to take a look in the morn. Got a pleasant surprise! The kitchen carpentry is up. Expecting only the skeleton to be up today. The look is what I envision it to be. On top of that, was quite impressed with the "edges". Cos I cant detect the black edges, which are common for carpentry laminate. Thumbz up

gallery_59873_7_97192.jpg

gallery_59873_7_313826.jpg

gallery_59873_7_8242.jpg

gallery_59873_7_46358.jpg

Edited by Xiej0007

gallery_59873_7_699787.jpg

Not putting the dishwasher rack cover due to 2 reasons. Firstly, the cover look will not go well with this laminate. Secondly, we are lazy people.. keep opening and closing the cover just to get cups or plates. Most probably we will leave it open permanently if there's a cover.

gallery_59873_7_182944.jpg

The drawer dimension is "Small for the top, Medium for the rest below". The top will be used to put those utensils, therefore small size will be maximizing the space efficiency. The initial concern of having ugly disproportionate drawers prove to be unfounded. In fact, I find it look nicer with this "Small Medium Medium Medium" configuration.

gallery_59873_7_100446.jpg

gallery_59873_7_392309.jpg

Edited by Xiej0007

• Like 1

The drawer dimension is "Small for the top, Medium for the rest below". The top will be used to put those utensils, therefore small size will be maximizing the space efficiency. The initial concern of having ugly disproportionate drawers prove to be unfounded. In fact, I find it look nicer with this "Small Medium Medium Medium" configuration.

gallery_59873_7_100446.jpg

gallery_59873_7_392309.jpg

SUPER Like ur drawers configurations.. Exactly the same tots as me.. my top drawers will be about 150cm and the rest will be taller.. :)

SUPER Like ur drawers configurations.. Exactly the same tots as me.. my top drawers will be about 150cm and the rest will be taller.. :)

Great minds think alike. Haha

• Like 1

Like your laminate color. What's the color code and make?

Kitchen table top is up this week :)

gallery_59873_8_456484.jpg

By default, the dish drainer cabinet will protrude out more than the rest of top carpentry. Luckily our ID decided to increase the depth of the top carpentry, to ensure that the whole top carpentry is flush neatly. This also allows the cabinet with "box in" component to have more usable space.

gallery_59873_8_617710.jpg

gallery_59873_8_175442.jpg

gallery_59873_8_186926.jpg

gallery_59873_8_49985.jpg

One of the decision to make regarding the wrapping of the table top at wall end.

gallery_59873_8_108649.jpg

Edited by Xiej0007

The cabinet with "box-in" component

gallery_59873_8_270436.jpg

The hanging lights which we bought from Taobao. We ordered for the horizontal base instead of round base. They sent the round one over. So we are left with 2 options: To have 30% discount or to wait for them to ship over the horizontal base, which they say is out of stock and has no idea how long will the restock take.

Decided to go ahead with the round base. Felt that there are too many rectangles and lines in the house. Felt very "boxy". So we will go ahead with the round base.

gallery_59873_8_120362.jpg

gallery_59873_8_38396.jpg

gallery_59873_8_216340.jpg

gallery_59873_8_420370.jpg