Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaiho

Renovation For 3 Br Resale Condo Apartment

Hi, I am planning to reno my resale 3 BR 1600 sq ft condo apartment. Existing condition very "original" with heavy woodwork. I got following quote from contractor. This is based on my requirements. Can anyone please tell me if the pricing is right and if not, then what would be a corrected price? For e.g. in debris removal, I dont have any sand to remove, only broken tiles, and wood work. Would that bring the price down.

Also I see that no electrical work is included as I did not ask for special light fittings, however once reno starts, i am sure some electrical rewiring etc will come up. How much should I budget for this. Please help !

A Demolition Work

Provide labour to hack existing Master Bathroom floor and wall tiles. $ 1,000.00

Provide labour to hack existing long bath at Master Bathroom.$ 150.00

Provide labour to dismantle existing TV feature wall **** $ 200.00

Provide labour to dismantle existing Kitchen cabinet.$ 300.00

Provide labour to dismantle existing wardrobe and headboard feature wall at Master Bedroom.$ 600.00

Provide labour to dismantle existing study table cum wardrobe at Bedroom 1. $ 500.00

Provide labour to dismantle existing display cabinet at Dining.$ 200.00

Provide labour to dismantle existing timber beading for whole unit.$ 150.00

Provide sand, haulage service and debris removal.$ 600

Sub-Total :$ 3,700.00

B Masonry Work

Provide labour and material to lay full height wall tiles at Master. $ 2,000.00

Provide labour and material to lay floor tiles at Master.$ 1,000.00

Provide labour and material to lay water proofing membrance at Master.$ 180.00

Sub-Total :$ 3,180.00

C. Plumbing Work

Provide labour and material to lay conceal copper piping at Master.$ 1,100.00

Provide labour to install 01 no. Storage Heater. $ 150.00

Provide labour to install 01 no. wash basin and tap.$ 100.00

Provide labour and material to lay water outlet pipe at Master. FOC

Sub-Total :$ 1,350.00

D Carpentry Work

Design and fabricate 30ft bottom Kitchen cabinet using Solid-ply in selected

laminated finish. Include ABS trimming for all door panel.$ 3,600.00

To supply and install 19ft Solid surface kitchen top.$ 1,615.00

Design and fabricate 4ft suspended Vanity cabinet at Master Bathroom

To supply and install 4ft Solid surface vanity top.$ 340.00

Design and fabricate 4ft storage mirror cabinet at Master Bathroom.$ 720.00

Design and fabricate 7ft full height ( 2.7M ) casement wardrobe in

selected laminated finish at Master bathroom $ 2,030.00

Design and fabricate 8ft full height ( 2.7M ) casement wardrobe in

selected laminated finish at Master. $ 2,320.00

Design and fabricate 6ft full height ( 2.7M ) casement wardrobe in

selected laminated finish at Bedroom 1.$ 1,740.00

Design and fabricate 6ft full height ( 2.7M ) casement wardrobe in

selected laminated finish at Bedroom 2. $ 1,740.00

Design and fabricate 6ft suspended Study table c/w drawer in selected

laminated finish.$ 960.00

Design and fabricate 8ft full height ( 2.7M ) TV feature wall $ 1,875.0

Design and fabricate 6ft suspended TV console in selected laminated finish$ 900.00

Design and fabricate 5ft display cabinet in selected laminated finish at Dining Area$ 1,500.00

To supply and install 3ft full height mirror at Master bedroom $ 350.00

Design and fabricate full height shoes cabinet at main entrance.$ 800.00

Sub-Total :

$ 20,490.00

E Window Grilles Work

To supply and install aluminium sliding window grilles at 3 Bedroom and dining area $ 850.00

To supply and install aluminium sliding window grilles at Service yard. $ 120.00

Sub-Total :

$ 970.00

F Painting Work

Provide labour and material to paint internal wall and ceiling with Nippon Paint. ( 5 Colour )$ 1,600.00

Sub-Total :

$ 1,600.00

G Air Con Work

To supply and install Mitsubishi system 2 Inverter unit $ 4,500.00

To supply and install Mitsubishi system 3 Inverter unit at 3 Bedroom.$ 4,000.00

Sub-Total :

$ 8,500.00

H

Miscellaneous Work

Chemical washing and general washing for whole unit.$ 350.00

Provide labour to revanish 3 Bedroom parquet floor and skirting.$ 1,500.00

To supply and install 01 no. Wrought iron main gate.$ 1,000.00

To supply and install 02 nos. Bi-fold door at Yard.$ 450.00

Sub-Total :

$ 3,300.00

Grand Total :

$ 43,090.00

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Pricing and kitchen carpentry and grilles are reasonable. Wardrobe and hacking works can be cheaper, but i think give and take.

haulage is quite standard, most quotations i received charge $600 too. During my renovation process, i saw my contractor calling the BSC folks downstairs to remove any huge debris in the house, including boxes, sand, etc. and in ur case, discarded cupboards.

as for aircon, i find it quite expensive. i did mitsubishi inverter, sys 3 for 3 bedrooms and single unit for living room, meaning there are 2 compressors. it cost me $4830.

as for electrical works, it depends on how much work you do. the electrician will charge by per socket/per point basis.

Air Con

$8,500 for air con is TOO much.

Price for Mitsubishi system 2 and 3 should be around $2K+ & $3K+. Total should be around $5K - $6K at most.

You can check out the prices at Gain City. There is also one seller in the forum that is selling at quite good price.

Painting

$1,600 for painting is ok but should document how many times. Usually 3 times - first painting, before carpentry, and final touch up. And usually different kind of paint is needed for ceiling so need to check whether there is additional cost for ceiling paint. And ask for painting to include painting the bathroom pipes just in case you need it. My contractor's quote is inclusive of doors and gates if required at no additional cost.

Edited by gemini

• Like 1

Hi gemini,

Since mine is an old condo and I want to get the piping changed, how much will it cost? I mean the entire 3 +2 aircon and installation. Also should I get 9000 for bedrooms and 18000+12000

For living/dining?

If you are referring to new aircon piping, it is already included in the aircon package price.

Usually 9000BTU for common bedroom, 12000BTU for master bedroom, 22000BTU for living hall, very much depending on the size.

The last I heard from Gain City, it cost only $60 more to upgrade from 9000BTU to 12000BTU so worth considering upgrading. But please check the maximum/total capacity of the compressor. If the compressor cannot support the total BTU, then it will be pointless.

I recommend you to visit Gain City and listen to their sales talk. Price is fixed so the sales people are upfront and transparent. They will also show you the cost to upgrade the copper piping and extended warranty etc.

You may wish to consider removing aircon from your main quotation as this is something that can be easily sourced elsewhere and your contractor will do the co-ordination with the aircon supplier. Don't put all eggs into one basket. If you are very comfortable with your contractor, you can also add at a later stage. If you put in aircon, window grills, iron main gate etc. into your first contract, then you will be paying a higher deposit as deposit is usually 10% of contract price.

Do you really need 2 aircon in living/dining? My friend who is staying in a landed property has 2 aircon in his living room but 1 has became redundant because 1 is good enough to cool the entire living room. His dining area is nearer to kitchen so not part of living hall. He had a ceiling fan above his dining table.

Another friend did his BTO flat for only $15K yet his contractor threw in FOC aircon :dribble: . I should be getting my next aircon from Gain City as extended warranty is very important to me.

Edited by gemini