Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
linsullen

How To Design Layout For Bto Kitchen

i just engaged a contractor and he doesnt do 3D drawings, i would somehow like to organise the

kitchen layout so that i would have more space for me to do my preparations for cooking. Any suggestions? Should i put all the tall units at one side of the kitchen? Or separate into 2 sides. My contractor suggested to put the fridge near to the kitchen entrance.. oven, microwave, water dispenser at the other side... how do you guys layout your kitchen, samples and ideas. Thank you so much in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi hi!

Your layout looks very much like the one i have, except mine is 3 room and my kitchen is alot smaller.

Where's ur location?

I see you should have space for sink and hob and oven for one side. (oven in tall unit in about 600mm, hob abt 900mm, sink depending on you but i'm assuming 900mm) but the space between them will be small (approx 450mm). But if you choose to have the oven below the hob you will have more space!

So it depends on what you want actually.

Anyway, for space planning, i'm planning on 2 sides for my own coz my kitchen is only a pathetic 2.6m, can only fit sink and hob on one side and the oven on the other.

hope it helps!

@Peanut 88, hello!

Thank you for the suggestion. :)

Im at Tampines Greenleaf , and yeah the kitchen is so small.

Thanks for the measurements given, at least i have a rough idea what size i should be getting. Still surveying for the hob hood,fridge etc..

So far anybody has any problems with the oven placed below the hob?

If any of ya have any pictures pls do post! :)

@kangeroo168 thanks for the suggestion.yup ive decided to do like what u said after much thought.will be putting my oven below the hob for more space.

@Miichele Yes.i actually thought of extending the kitchen but cant because of the entrance. Such wasted space. :(

heehee, then ur kitchen layout will look just like mine :)

if u want extend, how about hacking away the service yard wall?

Edited by kangeroo168

@kangaroo168 hehe... at first we wanted to do that but decided not to coz our home is on level 2 and near the rubbish chute..i very scared all these creepie crawlies will fly in while im cooking.hehe.so better have a door to cover and at least people wont c the mess in the laundry area :)

@kangeroo168 thanks for the suggestion.yup ive decided to do like what u said after much thought.will be putting my oven below the hob for more space.

@Miichele Yes.i actually thought of extending the kitchen but cant because of the entrance. Such wasted space. :(

Master bedroom entrance another headache to me. :(

Hi,

my suggestion is to have two sides of cabinet. Priority is to have enough storage space and work area to prepare your dishes.

Side A (at the bottom of the floor plan)

- fridge at the right corner near the entrance to the kitchen

- top and bottom kitchen cabinet along this side. You can stretch the top cabinet over the fridge for more storage space

- have you sink and hob along this side as well.

- you can place your built-in oven under the hob, so you don't need a tall unit to save cost

Side B (against the H/S shelter wall)

- only bottom cabinet here, so that you don't feel too cramp. Side A may not have enough counter top space, so you will need Side B for more preparation space.

- you may have half the length for cabinet and another half the length for a breakfast counter

Some consideration, try not to block the kitchen entrance by placing the cabinet too close to the entrance. Use light colors to help minimize the space constraint and give the kitchen a bigger feel. You might want to include a kitchen door to contain you cooking smell away from the rest of the house.

Hope this helps. =)

Edited by SamuelTeo

@SamuelTeo wow! Thanks for the ideas! Really helps. :) I intend to have a water dispenser hot/cold. For microwave oven we have decided not to get a built in one (Too ex), just a normal one. But was thinking of asking the contractor to make an open shelve cabinet for microwave and water dispenser on the other side... whaddya guys and gals think? :)

I did up a kitchen ergonomics post in my t-blog post #161 here :)

Hope this helps!

Edited by guojiawen