Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
linsullen

Hob Hood, Oven, Fridge

Hi all,

My contractor has asked me to start looking for Hob, hood, Fridge, sink, oven, water dispenser cos he needs to do measurement for my kitchen.

I really do not know how to choose these items.

First up, any places recommended to go to shop for the above items. It would be a great, if most of

it i can just buy from one or two places.

2nd, what brands are recommended for hob hood, oven and fridge.

So far ive only been to Gain City and Mustafa and Expo. Most of the brands i saw for hob hood was Turbo, Aerogaz, EF. Is EF or Turbo good? The homes that i went to view to c the contractors workmanship, most of them using EF or Turbo from what i noticed. ANybody here using them? for hood im interested in those slim ones. Cos my kitchen is very small.

For Fridge i saw an LG priced at $779. Not bad. Very big and nice. So far anybody use LG for fridge?

How do i choose a good oven? I love to bake, what functions do i look out for, cos in my previous home i was just using a very cheap oven! hehe..

For water dispenser any recommended affordable brands? I want a hot/cold and room temperature.

For sinks i have yet to make any research on that, undermount or top mount? Brands that can last.

Your comments, recomendations and reviews are appreciated much.. Thank u in advance.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all,

My contractor has asked me to start looking for Hob, hood, Fridge, sink, oven, water dispenser cos he needs to do measurement for my kitchen.

I really do not know how to choose these items.

First up, any places recommended to go to shop for the above items. It would be a great, if most of

it i can just buy from one or two places.

2nd, what brands are recommended for hob hood, oven and fridge.

So far ive only been to Gain City and Mustafa and Expo. Most of the brands i saw for hob hood was Turbo, Aerogaz, EF. Is EF or Turbo good? The homes that i went to view to c the contractors workmanship, most of them using EF or Turbo from what i noticed. ANybody here using them? for hood im interested in those slim ones. Cos my kitchen is very small.

For Fridge i saw an LG priced at $779. Not bad. Very big and nice. So far anybody use LG for fridge?

How do i choose a good oven? I love to bake, what functions do i look out for, cos in my previous home i was just using a very cheap oven! hehe..

For water dispenser any recommended affordable brands? I want a hot/cold and room temperature.

For sinks i have yet to make any research on that, undermount or top mount? Brands that can last.

Your comments, recomendations and reviews are appreciated much.. Thank u in advance.

I'm using Franke hob & hood. Not cheap but quality very good. Easy to maintain especially we do heavy cook at home. shop within your budget is the best. don listen to sales talk too much if not you will get confuse.

for sink, i prefer undermount cos any water on the sink top, I can just 'sweep' them into the sink. I also prefer big sink not those that split into two cos I found that getting in my way when I wash. Lots of dripping when I move from one sink to the other.

LG fridge ok. My last 1 (about your price) served me 5 years. When I move, I still can sell for some $$ :)

water dispenser I change about every 2-3 years cos usually they don last very long if you are a heavy user like me

hope it helps!

I think for me all oven basically have the same specs.

It the end result that count.

The functions you usually look for the oven is top and bottom heat for baking and roasting top and bottom with fans for cookies and muffin grilling funtion.

this 3 are normally the common functions you might want to look at.

If you bake a lot then normally ppls will go for a decent brands like ariston bosch brandt or la germanie.

As for hob and hood really depend on what budgets you put for them as the main difference is really the fire power configuration of the hobs you all prefer to use.

Normally ppls will go for slime line hoods if they want more cupboard space and chimney for more suction power.

Fridges again come to how the compartments and spaces whether they are sufficient enough to put your shopping spree lol cause normally for what i know is most brands of fridge are quite lasting.

Hopes it help to answer your questions.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! Actually i kind of like the brand electrolux, bosch. As for hob and hoods, is it better to get in a package or buy separate? Cos some ppl say buy separate actually cheaper. What questions do i ask the sales in order to get the right hob and hood and to choose a good one. Im unsure of all these things, i cook but never before took note of my mom's hob and hood. Hers is turbo in canto but sadly, it only lasted for a few years only. I intend to go for slimline hoods. Is it better to go for battery operated or electric? Actually i thought of getting battery operated cos its recommended by my contractor, but the sales lady told me if i intend to put my oven below my hob, there will be no way to change the battery...

Is it necessary to have an oil reservoir for the hood? Any models you can recommend me?

Hi,

Firstly most of the hobs in the market base on the much better brand is running on electric rather the batt, as the consumption of electric is extremely low and its more safe then using batt, when you have a oven install below.

As for hoods, if you could the best is go for chimney hoods, as there can "Suck" much better then any slim hoods as compare.

TK

interested to know about the part whereby if we put the oven below my hob, we have to use electric due to the below mentioned issue. is it true?

Thanks for the info! Actually i kind of like the brand electrolux, bosch. As for hob and hoods, is it better to get in a package or buy separate? Cos some ppl say buy separate actually cheaper. What questions do i ask the sales in order to get the right hob and hood and to choose a good one. Im unsure of all these things, i cook but never before took note of my mom's hob and hood. Hers is turbo in canto but sadly, it only lasted for a few years only. I intend to go for slimline hoods. Is it better to go for battery operated or electric? Actually i thought of getting battery operated cos its recommended by my contractor, but the sales lady told me if i intend to put my oven below my hob, there will be no way to change the battery...

Is it necessary to have an oil reservoir for the hood? Any models you can recommend me?