Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
J0ANN3

~ Our Journey To Somewhere We Belong ~ A Place We Call "home"

To start off, we have come a long way since getting ROMed in February 2013, my spouse applying for PR in April 2013, held our Customary Wedding in KL and then a dinner in Singapore for my family and friends during August - September 2013 and finally, PR approved in November 2013. We started looking out for resale 4-Rm HDB around Punggol/Sengkang area initially during October 2013 but unfortunately, our budget does not allow us to do so. In the end, we settled for a resale 4A HDB in Woodlands/Admiralty (near 888 Plaza) during November 2013 which is within our budget and considering the fact that there will be future developments that might increase the estate's value. Upon completion in February 2014, we went in search for our ID. To our dismay, none of them fits the bill within our budget and comfort. Our main concern is our renovation loan. Finally in April 2014, our renovation loan got approved! We confirmed our ID and gave the green light to start our renovation immediately. We believes in a Chinese sayings "Man Gong Chu Xi Huo" which means something like slow and steady works produce good workmanship. Thus, we told our ID that we are in no hurry to move in as we can still live off my mum. LOL!

Below is my Floor Plan.

Floor Plan

Our Renovation works:-

Living Room

1. Hack Floor Tiles
  2. Lay Homogeneous tiles
  3. Construct TV feature wall
  4. Construct L-Box

Dining Room

1. Hack Floor tiles
  2. Lay Homogeneous Floor Tiles
  3. Construct Dining Mirror with feature wall and lights
  4. Construct False Ceiling

Kitchen

1. Hack Floor Tiles and concrete cabinets/ Dismantle Built in Cabinets
  3. Plastering over Wall Tiles
  4. Construct Built in Kitchen Cabinet and Island
  5. Install Glass panel backing in between Kitchen Cabinets / accessories
  6. Hack Kitchen/Dining Wall and construct full height Sliding Glass Door
  7. Construct Fridge base

Common Toilet

1. Seal Opening to Kitchen and hack toilet wall to recreate new opening to Service Yard
  2. Hack Floor/Wall Tiles/Old Toilet bowl & Basin
  3. Lay Floor and Wall Tiles
  4. Install Toilet Bowl/ Basin / Accessories

Service Yard

1. Hack Floor Tiles
  2. Lay Floor Tiles
  3. Construct Washer cement base

Master Bedroom

1. Overlay HERF Flooring / Dismantle Wardrobe & Storage under Window
  2. Construct Built in Wardrobe 6 Ft
  3. Construct Study Table
  4. Construct Storage under window
  5. Construct L-Box

Master Bedroom Toilet

1. Hack Wall and Floor Tiles / Old Toilet bowl / old Vanity
  2. Lay Homogeneous Floor and Wall Tiles
  3. Construct Vanity with mirror and lights
  4. Install Toilet bowl, basin, accessories

Common Bedroom 1

1. Overlay HERF Flooring

Common Bedroom 2

1. Overlay HERF Flooring

Storeroom

1. Hack Floor Tiles

This is the proposed Layout less out the shoe cabinet due to our budget.

Proposed Floor Plan

Edited by J0ANN3

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

This is the proposed design:

shoe cabinet & display cabinet

master bedroom3

master bedroom2

master toilet

master bedroom1

kitchen1

dining area

We changed quite a lot due to budget and because I love to do research myself and combine everything that I like.

I depend a lot on my ID in regards to whether it is workable and whether the colour or design matches whether the price is within my budget, time planning, coordination, etc.

In fact, other than looking for my own designs, I depend every other things on him because I trust him. I don't know why but I just do.

I will update as soon as I resize the photos taken at site. My ID told me that it will all be completed in 3 more weeks time! Yay! Even though we told him that we are in no hurry to move in but as days passed, it seems like we're getting more and more excited. It is contradicting! I felt like going to see the progress each day and hope it can be ready as fast as it could. And of course, I wouldn't go and rush my ID now since in the beginning, I was the one who said no hurry. I honour my words! :P

Our gate

Gate

Our dining Mirror with lights are similar to this

Dining Mirror with Lights

Our TV feature wall is like this

Feature wall

We already paid deposits for the following purchases:-

Slumberland (Emerald) Queen size bed + Bedframe with Storage

Bedframe

Cellini Lushture Coffee Table

Lushture Coffee table

Cellini Lushture Dining Table with 4 Slope Chairs

Lushture Dining table

Lorenzo L-shaped Black sofa 2.4m
Buddha Guan Yin Altar in White bought from Rochor Centre at $688 + $30 (Yellow background) - To be placed facing outside corridor/main door against the wall in between the kitchen and master bedroom door.
Shoe rack - to be placed in the right corner (yet to buy but most probably from V.hive - white and black)
Lights for common bedrooms, track lights for kitchen, Dining light and Ceiling Fan for living room.
Toilet/Kitchen accessories
  1. Toilet Bowls x 2
  2. Basins x 2
  3. Black Kitchen Sink
  4. Kitchen Faucet - something like this one > http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pull-Out-UP-Down-With-Sprayer-Kitchen-Sink-Mixer-Tap-Chrome-Faucet-CM0273/611338681.html
  5. Rainshower
  6. Joven Storage Heater
Mega Discount Store:
  1. Samsung 40" Smart LED TV
  2. Samsung Fridge RT-35FDACD
  3. LG Washer WD-1275QDT
  4. Brandt Chimney Hood AD-990XC
  5. Brandt Built-in Oven FF-1211X
  6. EF 3 Burner Hob EF-119730
  7. Mitsubishi Electric Starmex System 4 Inverter
Edited by J0ANN3

Hi Joann

Welcome to RT and to Woodlands/Admiralty! From the breakdown, it looks like an extensive work! I wonder what is the reno budget also. Care to share?

How much u brought the coffee table and dining table. Please advice

Hi, Lushture Coffee table lushture dining table and slope chairs total up to $1550.

what's the budget for your reno and the final quote so far? good luck!

My initial budget actually was quite low like 40k inclusive of kitchen appliances, aircon and toilet kitchen accessories. But my ID honestly tells me that it is impossible looking at the lists of things I require. After collecting some quotations, I realised what he said eas so true. I did receive some quotation around 25k to 30k but i did not take it up. I know if i do, there will be alot of hidden charges which i will not be prepared for. I prefer someone more trustworthy and honest in a sincere way and not sarcastic. I was quoted around 50k in the beginning with a few KIV items adding to 50K+. I added some items and remove some items, thus, I do not know what is the final yet since it is still ongoing and I do not know what crazy ideas I will have in the next minute.

Hi Joann

Welcome to RT and to Woodlands/Admiralty! From the breakdown, it looks like an extensive work! I wonder what is the reno budget also. Care to share?

yes indeed its quite extensive. Its inclusive of electrical works, plumbing, painting, etc. Mine is a resale 4A flat 16yrs old, Quite old school as the previous indian owners did not renovate. Edited by J0ANN3

My budget is about 40K too but you managed to do quite a lot of hacking. How is that possible? :jawdrop:

I can't afford so will be hacking only floor/wall tiles of 2 toilets and kitchen wall tiles because I want to paint them instead. The rest = all overlay.

I like how you transform your kitchen - very nice especially you can get a mini island there with the sink.

Edited by AshleyAdam

My budget is about 40K too but you managed to do quite a lot of hacking. How is that possible? :jawdrop:

I can't afford so will be hacking only floor/wall tiles of 2 toilets and kitchen wall tiles because I want to paint them instead. The rest = all overlay.

I like how you transform your kitchen - very nice especially you can get a mini island there with the sink.

the 50k does not include the kitchen appliances, aircon, toilet kitchen accessories and lights.

the 50k does not include the kitchen appliances, aircon, toilet kitchen accessories and lights.

Oh then that's not tiny budget! Hahaha. My flat is about 15-16yrs old at Dr.14. You will love Woodlands :) When is the completion date for you reno? It's good u get a place where they never reno before so you can do everything from scratch :)

Oh then that's not tiny budget! Hahaha. My flat is about 15-16yrs old at Dr.14. You will love Woodlands :) When is the completion date for you reno? It's good u get a place where they never reno before so you can do everything from scratch :)

its unlike BTO, at least they are new and modern. The old ones are like cement base stove and they have super retro built in kitchen cabinets and built in wardrobe for master room, vanity. Okay maybe they do renovate, but was 16 yrs ago lol.

oh Dr.14, im at ave 4 hehe. End of this month will complete. Now is at the carpentry and lights stage. How long have you been staying in woodlands? How is your reno?