Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Maruku

Cement Screed By Hdb

My BTO the height diff between the bare living room and tiled kitchen (frm HDB) is ard 2". One of my fren said that i can ask HDB to do the screeding (increase the height) for free. Is this true?

If not i gotta pay for cement LOL.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

But i saw a lot of reviews (esp frm HWZ reno page) that the quality cmi (even the parquet guy say so). Then alot of dingdonging for the slipshod work.

Could someone kindly PM their wetwork contractor's contact to me, to assist me in my uneven screeding problems for my kitchen floor?

Thanks very much forummers...!

Hi linsullen, I'm doing vinyl flooring too. Did you have the floor level? If yes how much does it cost?

Yup! HDB will do it for free. I just did mine cos im doing vinyl flooring.

Hi linsullen, I'm doing vinyl flooring too. Did you have the floor level? If yes how much does it cost?

My screeding is 10mm and its foc. :)

I bought a resales flat and I'm using self leveling concrete. However my contractor keep changing the price from $1080 to $1512 because he said is miscalculation them now $2,000 for self leveling concrete . But is only 432 sqft . Is $2000 for self leveling cement reasonable ? What is the normal range ?

Pls help :) really need a reply urgently

Hi,

What's the thickness of your screed? Why can't you use normal screed?

Self leveling screed should be use to level out the unevenness after normal screed. Few mm should be sufficient I think. If laying laminate or parquet etc on top, thickness should at least 3mm.

I think $2000 is expensive. Should try to get 2nd quote.

I am using HERF so a 2mm is allowed.

But the entrance has a gradient due to tiles in living room and HERF in bedrooms.

So i order to level it, I was told to hack the old cement screed (10 yrs old) and then lay the normal cement and self-leveling cement before using HERF.

My contractor actually said if I can find a cheaper quote then let others do but he used to quote us $1080 for 432sqft then $1512 for normal cement screeding cos of his miscalculation though we signed a contract so out of good will we help him . Then now, he said $2,000.

So just want to get a quote. But we already signed contract with him :(

Hi,

I presume your bedrooms are lower than the living room. Why need to hack off old cement screed? unless your bedroom is higher than the tile flooring in living.

So the amount including hacking of 432sqft of old cement. That alone will cost few hundreds. But 2K is still a lot.

Once you get your own contractor to do the screed, if the floor is not level after HERF installation, your contractor may push the problem to the screed, eg. too high or too low.

I'll send you some contacts later.

I also heard of the cement screed done by HDB is free but the question is at what thickness they are providing?

I do notice said some ID doing it for free but I guess the price should be markup high somewhere.