Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LHWH

Finally! A Place To Call Our House

Hi, fellow renotalkers. This is my first experience posting topic here and arguably still a green horn. I really appreciate comments and suggestions for reno ideas. So, perhaps I start off with a floor plan below.

99u1.jpg

1. As you probably can see our main door is actually facing the kitchen entrance (bad fengshui). Any suggestions to counter that?
2. There is also this awkward area in the living room marked 'A' which we do not know what to do with it. :dunno: We have thought of placing dinning table either at A or B. Either way, there will be empty area which we do not know what to do with it.

Hope to hear some suggestions. thank you

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

As a brief, our unit is a 5 room flat in punggol. It is a 10 year old unit in great condition. Previous owners kept it very well. Everything regarding the sale has gone well so far and our final appointment will be end may. We signed the indemnity forms and renovations will take place a few days before hacking commences.

n4fw0.jpg

6fct.jpg

asjgp.jpg

Edited by LHWH

Hmm from the picture the condition looks good.

What works are you going to carry out and the changes to it ?

Hi All,

We are looking to hack away the bedroom wall to combine MBR and the adjacent bedroom. Adjacent bedroom will be a walk in wardrobe cum study. All toilet tiles and kitchen flooring and walls will be hacked as well. The theme we are looking at is more towards scandi style. The wife bought a patchwork green sofa from Franc Franc. We have done furniture shopping at Comfort Design, Star Living and Taobao ( wife ordered 1000 sgd worth of lights and household items + a vacuum robot recommended by fellow renotalker :) )

As our door opens up to reveal the living and dinning area ( part B) our contractor recommended using A as dinning but we want a comfortable shoe cabinet space with a sit down area to put groceries etc after shopping :bleah: so will probably put dining at Part B as Songz suggested :)

Will be posting more pictures up, but we are looking to spend max SGD32,000 for this reno .

Edited by LHWH

Hi All,

We are looking to hack away the bedroom wall to combine MBR and the adjacent bedroom. Adjacent bedroom will be a walk win wardrobe cum study. All toilet tiles and kitchen flooring and walls will be hacked as well. The theme we are looking at is more towards scandi style. The wife bought a patchwork green sofa from Franc Franc. We have done furniture shopping at Comfort Design, Star Living and Taobao ( wife ordered 1000 sgd worth of lights and household items + a vacuum robot recommended by fellow renotalker :) )

As our door opens up to reveal the living and dinning area ( part B) our contractor recommended using A as dinning but we want a comfortable shoe cabinet space with a sit down area to put groceries etc after shopping :bleah: so will probably put dining at Part B as Songz suggested :)

Will be posting more pictures up, but we are looking to spend max SGD32,000 for this reno .

Do a door to separate the WIW so your area will not that big when you on the aircon

(*Hope this help)

while waiting for the reno permit to be approved and getting the keys for the house, we have been shopping every weekend for the house. below are the items we have bought.

jmtfp.jpg
dining table from star living
7w1m.jpg
coffee table, we purchased it thinking the top white part was detachable but it isn't.
dz33.jpg

franc franc fabric sofa. love at first sight for the wife. she now regrets it and wants an L shape sofa to "nuah" in. :bangwall: :bangwall:

we are using La Vie Vinyl flooring for our bed rooms...we went last month a the salesperson quoted us 5.50 per sqft. today we went back to book an appointment a different consultant told us the pricing was 5.95 per sqft!!!:angry: I went home to dig out the pamphlet in which the first guy wrote down the quote and texted him to meet us this Wednesday. Will let the contractor speak with him but he better stick to the price he gave us earlier if not .....

La Vie is found at Floorxpert which is just opposite Hafary.

Our hacking will commence this Thursday - would like to check if we need to call City Gas or HDB to shut down the gas supply as contractor said no need? Also any good bedroom door suppliers to recommend as we will be changing the internal doors.

we are using La Vie Vinyl flooring for our bed rooms...we went last month a the salesperson quoted us 5.50 per sqft. today we went back to book an appointment a different consultant told us the pricing was 5.95 per sqft!!! :angry: I went home to dig out the pamphlet in which the first guy wrote down the quote and texted him to meet us this Wednesday. Will let the contractor speak with him but he better stick to the price he gave us earlier if not .....

La Vie is found at Floorxpert which is just opposite Hafary.

I used Krono O, can be found on my blog. Price is cheaper than $5.50 psf.

IMG-20140410-WA0054.jpg

Hi ocean eleven, my wife told me you used krono and we went twice to the show flat at eunos but it was closed. We even called the hill view office but no one answers, do you have the mobile number of the salesperson? Thanks in advance.

We do not have the full quote for the reno yet but our contractor said carpentry will cost us 14,000 whilst the rest is about additional 10k more.

Hi ocean eleven, my wife told me you used krono and we went twice to the show flat at eunos but it was closed. We even called the hill view office but no one answers, do you have the mobile number of the salesperson? Thanks in advance

Sent you the contact person. Trying calling during weekdays to their office in Hillview for a visit.

Bring the floor plan along and you can get a budgetary quote.

On average if every square feet can save a dollar, it is quite significant. :good:

• Like 1