Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LHWH

Finally! A Place To Call Our House

Our hacking will commence this Thursday - would like to check if we need to call City Gas or HDB to shut down the gas supply as contractor said no need? Also any good bedroom door suppliers to recommend as we will be changing the internal doors.

Are you hacking any walls in the kitchen? I am assuming your gas pipes are there. For my place, my contractor and citygas customer service both told me better to discontinue gas supply in kitchen if doing hacking of walls, just in case of accidental damages to the pipe and then gas leaks ~ *touch wood*.

If your contractor is very sure, then maybe really no need....

Need to call City Gas, and they charge $60 for stopping the gas supply temporarily. Billing shows up in your SP bill.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks ocean eleven, we spoke to Jason and will be meeting with him on Tuesday. Hopefully they have a wider range of vinyls to choose from as the price is really good.

The tb bench link http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37663393087

Popped by the flat ( just behind wife's place) to see the cabinets have been hacked and cardboard flooring have been laid. Excited to see the walls being hacked next so we can visualize our space better.

Many of our design ideas have changed because we have a playful corgi who loves chewing wood. She pooped in our mbr and the contractor said Huat Ah lol. Thankfully our contractor has two dogs of his own so he does give us feedback on our furniture etc.

HELP! :dunno:

Below is the breakdown for our renovation, it is much more expensive than what we expected, not including electricity points and bedroom doors as yet. We received another quote from Aaron (another ID) his total quote was 39k but there was some discounts and everything (electricity etc) was at a 30k pricing. We are in a conundrum now as we already are using our contractor and walls have been hacked etc. Because he is our friend so.....bad move perhaps. :( Would really like some advice on the quotes to see where we are being over charged or can cut back on as our contractor is open to negotiation (within valid points of course)

sz95.png

pmjp.png

Edited by LHWH

eu1k.jpg

Pic 1: Kitchen top cabinet removed to be replaced by shelves

b2kyk.jpg

Pic 2: Pipes to be boxed up

ylzl.jpg

Pic 3: Removal is always the fastest process

l9r0.png

Pic 4: Want to get a similar sliding door for our kitchen

Edited by LHWH

pwf3.jpg

Pic 5: Previous wardrobe removed in MBR

r6gj.jpg

Pic 6: shelves removed in MBR. Wall(on the right of the pic) has not been hacked yet joining our WIW

s7rb.jpg

Pic 7: laminates and shelves (recessed area) removed in our WIW. Workers not forgetting to cool themselves.

9p4j.jpg

Pic 8: We have chosen this vinyl for our bedrooms. these are from Krono O. According to sales person this color is new...we like it cos its brighter and less easy to spot hairs and furs :good:

Edited by LHWH

HELP! :dunno:

Below is the breakdown for our renovation, it is much more expensive than what we expected, not including electricity points and bedroom doors as yet. We received another quote from Aaron (another ID) his total quote was 39k but there was some discounts and everything (electricity etc) was at a 30k pricing. We are in a conundrum now as we already are using our contractor and walls have been hacked etc. Because he is our friend so.....bad move perhaps. :( Would really like some advice on the quotes to see where we are being over charged or can cut back on as our contractor is open to negotiation (within valid points of course)

sz95.png

pmjp.png

Looking at the price of the carpentry, it think it's slightly on the high side... the plumbing work also look expensive...is ur plumbing work very extensive?

Just curious, how come the reno start without a finalised quote? Or did u added in alot of new stuffs after renoi started?

Think ur friend quote not detailed enough. A lot like lump sum. I see probably u can ask to breakdown the carpentry work for ur study table, WIW and bedroom feature wall.

WIW & study table at $6.5 is alot

hi tommy

he has explained that the 6500 includes the 2 toilet vanity, wiw,and study table, sealing up the L shape hole at the MBR window and bedroom side tables. We still have a shoe cabinet not included inside, will probably cost 2k I guess?

Hi Topaz

reno started because we knew the contractor personally and we agreed on the total budget but now the quote excludes many stuff that will exceed our budget. He is trying to talk to the carpenter to see if he can reduce the pricing.

For plumbing works, nothing extensive really we are not using any rain shower just normal instant heater. What is the usual price for plumbing for 2 toilets and 3 air con units? Basically we bought all our toiletries from Hoe Kee, 1600 for change of pipes and installation does seem rather expensive...

Edited by LHWH

Ok, so u added new stuff to ur carpentry after reno started eh? no wonder u r in shock...carpentry is usually the 'culprit' of eating up all the budget =X

But in any case, the carpentry does looks like its slightly higher than average pricing... not sure if u asked for prenium materials or things like internal laminate etc... If yes, than should be ard there...

For the plumbing, i dont remember any work is required for air con other then the pipe the drips off the condensation..but i tot that should be included in the aircon package when u purchase the aircon.

i've no experience in asking for quotations for change of pipings... but $1600 sounds really expensive in any angle...

Installation of toilet accessories shld not exceed more then $200.

Installation of Instant Heater should be less than $80 per unit.

thanks Ptopaz, you are right we added a feature wall in the MBR that uses some laminates and plywood framing. that is costing us 2.5 k.

The carpenter suggested using internal laminate as well for our walk in wardrobe since its open to all to see. but I guess we will eliminate using internal laminates for the kitchen cabinets and shoe cabinet too to see if the cost savings is significant.

i think it will, some carpentor charges $30/pfr for internal color pvc... some charges as high as $70/prf. Not sure if one is PVC and one is laminate... never really drill into this area... u can check with him =)

good luck

• Like 1

dear all,

can we check if the back splash for kitchen, how much does it cost approximately? As our contractor quoted us 800 SGD for this tempered glass.

Also, our kitchen only includes one tall boy and bottom cabinets and he quoted us SGD3200. I feel this is expensive :dunno:

dear all,

can we check if the back splash for kitchen, how much does it cost approximately? As our contractor quoted us 800 SGD for this tempered glass.

Also, our kitchen only includes one tall boy and bottom cabinets and he quoted us SGD3200. I feel this is expensive :dunno:

mine 6mm tempered glass with spray coating on 1 side cost $560 (2.75m x 0.65m) about $2.92 psf

mine kitchen cabinet is $120 per foor run

for carpentry can roughly compare price here http://www.carpentry.sg/pricing

Parter going through the quote we decided to outsource painting to an external contractor as this one quoted us 1700 sgd for 5 paints. A previous contractor quoted 1100 sgd for the same work. However I am not sure if he will take us up. Anyone has good painting services to recommend? Starting to feel real heart pain and stressed. Just paid our 30% deposit. The reno work has stopped this week while we sort out this quote ....if it doesn't pick up I am really afraid we will only move in on August which is definitely not ideal.

Parter going through the quote we decided to outsource painting to an external contractor as this one quoted us 1700 sgd for 5 paints. A previous contractor quoted 1100 sgd for the same work. However I am not sure if he will take us up. Anyone has good painting services to recommend? Starting to feel real heart pain and stressed. Just paid our 30% deposit. The reno work has stopped this week while we sort out this quote ....if it doesn't pick up I am really afraid we will only move in on August which is definitely not ideal.

Hi LHWH,

When I was trying to outsource my painting last time I actually stumbled upon this website

http://www.painting.com.sg/?gclid=CjgKEAjwq_qcBRDZ-PeZ7NGQiVwSJAATT7q2F9OV09n_Vu0ba81PL3JoKSodHJFsf-PfaFkGl908uPD_BwE

They charge $1150 for 5-room... Seems too cheap to be true, I did not engage them as my ID included painting in the package for me. You can try to ask them :) Hope this helps