Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LHWH

Finally! A Place To Call Our House

Hi val3h I would not recommend my contractor at all...his carpenter is just too expensive. My dad has been using this china carpenter for many years and I will use him next year for my additional carpentry work.

We went to the flat today and a shocker...the wall tiles were done last week and today they fixed the shower tap and to our horror the tap is jutting out from the wall, not concealed by the tiles. I am not sure how they are concealing it? You can see the whole thing screwed to the wall. Simply ridiculous! Like kampong toilet piping and tap sticking out.

HOPING FOR BETTER UPDATES NEXT WEEK.

Edited by LHWH

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Pictures as below. Contractor says pipe cannot be concealed. Any suggestions to beautify it?

6n89.jpg

Pic 34

msbs.jpg

Pic 35

6n89.jpg

Seriously, something is very wrong. I feel your ID did not bother to communicate things with you and took things for granted.

Anyway could be plumber's faulty but if plumbing is under ID, then still his responsibility.

We using only a contractor. And he said our resale unit is not concealed pipes so like that. We will go to hoe kee to see if we can change the mixer as this is just an awful looking thing.

My current 20 y o flat, all pipes are exposed. Not like new flats these days. You can ask ID to paint over to match the tile colour. Btw your contract stainless steel pipes, but the pics look like copper?

Hi rose the pipes are stainless steel. Just that the tap behind is copper. We went to hoe kee today to buy the wall brackets to cover the copper part. Wife was very shocked as her place had concealed pipes so she broke down thinking the contractor had done things wrong and we might have to hack and re- tile. Now we know this flat cannot conceal she has calmed down abit. Hopefully the wall bracket makes it better...perhaps our mixer is too modern and the piping is too old school and the disparity is obvious. Will paint the pipes if possible.

irih.jpg

Pic 36: location of the fan above the bed

bhuyf.jpg

Pic 37: original marking was ceiling light by previous owner. What should we do as the trunking is unsightly?

fxvg.jpg

Pic 38: Another school boy error. The wiring should be done below our counter top. Too much exposed trunking

5rdx.jpg

Pic 39: Power point to be placed beside tall unit instead on the wall which was show in pic 38

n4fi.jpg

Pic 40: Plumbing job damaged the tiles and contractor has no solutions. Any idea how to fixed this?

One silver lining is the carpenter helped advise us...he has been in the business many years compared to my friend the contractor who is only in his 20s. He told us about the kitchen piping and told us to insist it runs below. He also fainted when he saw the tap... He was upset the workers damaged the wiw and is now not going to move the rest of the stuff in until electrical works are completed.

Edited by LHWH

As a brief, our unit is a 5 room flat in punggol. It is a 10 year old unit in great condition. Previous owners kept it very well. Everything regarding the sale has gone well so far and our final appointment will be end may. We signed the indemnity forms and renovations will take place a few days before hacking commences.

Sorry for asking such a noob question. How come you can start renovation before your final appointment?

I am buying a resale flat and the flat owners have already moved out, so I am wondering if I can start renovation before collection of keys.

Thank u!

Hi Sapporo, you can start reno if seller has already vacated the house and then just sign an indemnity form from hdb that you are renovating before the 2nd appointment ...this means if anything cock up you take responsibility and the sellers are not responsible.

LHWH, just to check with you, why did your contractor says why the pipes cannot be concealed? Any reasons? I am horrified as well, now worrying if my toilet pipes will be the same, i am checking with my ID as well, he say will come back to me. However, I came across a few blogs on resale flats, their toilets does not have this type of piping. Check with my friend who renovate recently, his toilet also have the same piping layout as yours. So now i am so confused also...

LHWH, I'm so sorry to hear about the problems you have been encountering during your renovations. I'm also in the midst of renovations now and so many unforeseen things have cropped up- really had to close one eye to lots of them if not by now hair all white already!

Hang in there!!