Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LHWH

Finally! A Place To Call Our House

185508.jpg

pic 55: space saving fixtures are very important to us now as we only have lower cabinets in the kitchen. this will be fixed next to our tall unit.

b70081.jpg

Pic 58: super convenient bin.

Can you share with me the above two items's link?

How do you find these two items, please share feedback.

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all! So our renovation is close to completion, just some minor carpentry work and touch ups left. They used the wrong solid top for our toilet so there is another delay on how soon our basins can be up. Overall we are very pleased by the aesthetics of the house not the execution.

Our taobao loot has arrived and this weekend will spent assembling the items at home, will review the items after that.

One important query we have is about reno cleaning- there is pre move in cleaning, post reno cleaning and spring cleaning. Not much difference is areas they cover so owner what will you all recommend? Also this cleaning should come after our contractor does the acid wash right?

Pics pics!

For my 1st place, after the reno, we clean it up ourselves.. Guess for this 2nd time, I will probably clean it myself after the handover too.

Actually new house quite easy de, just a vacuum cleaner and water, can clean up already..

Below are some of the goods bought from Tao Baos57d.jpg

Pic 9: Coat hanger7odef.jpg

Pic 10: Track lightd64k.jpg

Pic 11: LED lightsawb10.jpg

Pic 12: Spot light3iyl.jpg

Pic 13: Dining table light

Dear all, please let me know if you all know where I can buy my dining light pic 13 again as the one we got from a seller is defective! The white paper part suddenly dropped out whilst wife was changing the bulb :( upon closer inspection we noticed the part was glued on ! Sigh....

This is the seller we bought from : http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.154.vYXEga&id=35214600355&ns=1#detail.

Updates from us!

Rectification work and repainting going on this week. side tables and lamps are being fixed, holes are being plastered and walls are being smooth out.

Contractor cant wait to handover and we cant wait to be done by next week. Going to spend our NDP weekend cleaning and stuff. As it is still ghost festival we cannot "move in" so we will spend august cleaning and moving our furniture in. Please await our fully furnished home pictures!

At this stage we are really keen to learn from already completed reno owners on what they wish they did or what they wish they splurged on as we really want to stay in our place for a long time and both wife and I are noobs when it comes to fixing lights, taps and such :dancingqueen:

From our end things we learnt thus far:

-Always draw what you want or always draw and show your contractor what you want. Especially when it comes to tiles and placement of basins ( we learn this the hard permanent damage way). Afterall your contractor is a hands on person, not an ID so don't expect that design common sense to come to them.

- know the house and its limitations, readers of our blogs will know our pain of living with UN-concealed pipes/ wiring.

-no amount of reading or research helps, renovation and interior design is like a trigger happy element to us as we are hardly around when the workers are there, or should I say, the workers are hardly working! 8|

-in lieu of this, wifey decided that important structures will take up 50% of the house and 80% of the cost, the rest she decided to splurge on furniture and lights ( but she still very budget, no Grafunkt or Commune items no matter how gorgeous they were).

We had a talk last weekend and she was complaining she made the house what it is ( there are flaws too honey but the art of good marriage is the husband has to keep quiet) and she feels I just floated around for the ride and never reward her or praise her, I promised her some surprise on the day we move in, wish me luck buddies! :help:

For the other less creative and passive spouses , do take time to reward the other hardworking (aka uptight) spouse for their efforts in the reno process!

Over and out ( until next weekend maybe with pics!)

LHWH

Edited by LHWH

• Like 1

I should show my hubby your post hahaha.

He decided to take a sideline and let me handle the entire renovation, ideas, theme etc too!

😋

You all must understand that these guys who let you girls to handle is to let you all design the house you all wanted.

Its a kind of sacrifice you know ... LoL ~

(*Going to get some backslash coming >.< )

• Like 1

yes wife is reading like a dragon breathing down my neck. Always say I am being very boring just post pictures with no narration HAHAHAHA.

Ok I have had some queries on fortytwo. com and my items were delivered yesterday so I am in good place to review:

Customer service is top notch, last month I just added items into my cart and didn't check out, evening time the customer service rep emailed me to see if I was keen to enquire more about these items etc. *gentle sales tactic that I approve of* I chose the option to ignore her email of course la! :deal:

So I bought the items last week, they smsed me the delivery time and called 10 mins prior to coming. All was good until I realised my door stopper ( yes that's my wife's purchase) came in white instead of gray. I called the guy back he was very apologetic and evening time their sales rep called asking me if they return my delivery fee can I keep the white item. I said of course not, my floor is white whats the point of white dove door stopper I cannot see the pattern of the dove! She said ok they will deliver tonight at 830pm.

Instead the guy came at 10pm, still okay since my wife house is just across our new place. He was very sorry as usual and still had to continue his rounds of delivery. Sorted!

Other items: Mirror, looks **** stylo but upon closer look, the paint on the frame was on the mirror as well! Wife had to use pen knife to scrap off. As Chinese saying goes, you get what you pay for. Overall still ok la!

We will rate it 4/5 :)

One bad review: HOE KEE.

goodness the amount of missing parts in their items is so bad. We didn't get the toilet roll holder bracket, toilet seat screw and tap brackets. Contractor has to keep whatsapping them to follow up on delivery. Advice you guys to check everything when delivered especially the bracket and screws. Big hiccups when we want to fix items!

Edited by LHWH

Glad to read good reviews for Fortytwo.sg!

I got my divan and coffee table from there as well, scheduled for delivery in Sept. Cross fingers mine will be as good an experience as yours :)

Hi all!

Been so busy cleaning and mopping . We have one neighbourly issue now in the past 2 months this never happened but recently our neighbour has taken to putting their laundry to hang outside our door corridor! We are the corner unit near the stairs whilst this neighbour is diagonally across us to the right. Already they plant a whole row of chilli plants while we walk to our house and I understand they have no space for their clothes. But when we open our door we see their dripping clothes and inner garments! And just the other day we were cleaning two of the ladies were openly hanging their clothes without even saying sorry to us ...is it because we have not moved in? Wife is already **** fe up and planning to buy extra big plants. She chose that unit so we can have our own garden and privacy .

My query is, we can tell them to not do so anymore right? I know we don't own the corridor but its basic courtesy to not do such things. Will we face any rebuttal from them? Sigh....

Edited by LHWH

I had similar problem before. My neighbour was in the corner unit and we are along the corridor unit. Their entrance has a very small outside area and they took to hanging their laundry right outside their main door which means right outside my corridor window - all I can see from that window was their wet laundry - not pretty.

I managed to talk to the wife very nicely that it was not a good sight especially those women lingerie. She was very embarrassed about it (especially the fact that I told her my husband can see all her undies). I think it will be worth the while to tell them nicely and see if they response back the same as we will be seeing each other very frequent since we are living directly next to each other. Definitely make life easier and would be very nice and important to have our neighbour keeping an eye out for each other's unit.

All the best!

• Like 1

Think its better to speak to them nicely first on this issue.

You can also find some excuses like :

1. need this area for some plants as per instructed by FengShui

2. Putting a shoe rack there

3. Not sightly if you see their lingerie and etc hanging around

Good luck.

Hi everyone

WE bought mistral instant heater and after 6 months there is no hot water and the heater light d0es not turn on even though we switched it on. Is this a product problem or our electrician problem? Any solutions or suggestions please? We get hit water maybe once after turning on and off the tap ;(