Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
linsullen

How To Buy An Oven.advice Opinions Needed

Hi all!

Appreciate ur help in helping me find the right oven.

-What are the things i should look out for when i buy an oven?

- What brands are known to last long and serves its purpose.

- whats the prince range normally for a good oven.

-what are the functions i should look out for that should have in an oven

- What questions should i ask the sales asst?

- Where can i get great deals for oven.

-digital ovens or the normal ones better

Thank u so much!

• Like 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Firstly are you looking at built-in or table top oven?

Freestanding will be Rowenta, delonghi, baby belling being the top range, base on the size price range from $270 onward.

Built-in model Bosch, electrolux, Ariston being the best, price from $580 upward.

If you are looking at baking a few trays of cookies together, should be looking at oven with a heating fan in it, bottom heats is also a very good function to look at as that is important if you want to do pizza, or thing that you does not want the top ingredients to get burn.

Thanks.

TK

• Like 1

i just read thru the forum regarding bosch and its after sales service, and frankly now i feel quite scared to purchase it. What are you opinions? Can bosch ovens last long? What about other brands like Electrolux, rinnai, brandt, technogas? is the after sales service good?

HI Linsullen,

I strongly believe that all brands in the market is trying there best in terms of after sales service, and as the brands that you have mention, all should have some hiccups in terms of after sales service, those brands which does not have any complain on aftersales service i believe its either due to less sales or some other reason for sure, we are all human, all machine made are tent to face some issue, and with my experience so far all mention brands are great on aftersales service as well as quality.

http://www.bosch-home.com.sg/products/cooking/ovens/HBG23B550J.html

This model i think price can go like $8xx and the model in the last link you show me i think the price can be $5xx.

TK

is Brandt a good choice?

any idea which brands less than 1.5K have digital temperature setting?

From what i have researched thru renotalk forum reviews.brandt is a good oven.. i would have bought it if i had the $$. :)

Hi all,anything I need to look out for when getting built in oven?

1st time getting oven.

Any brands to recommend?

Heard Bosch after services r bad.

So am avoiding it.

Have not seen EF built in ovens.

At first i was considering electrolux but bcos many complains of the oven door, i bought bosch in the end cos warranty is 2yrs,basic functions(as im no chef, mainly for simple baking, pizzas n occasional grilling), used by a lot of ppl so in any case i encounter any baking or technical probs i can always ask for help/opinions in forums. For bosch hbn331e2j, do take note to only get the latest one which is the triple glass door and the door can stop at any angle and its 67litres. The ones selling at harvey norman , courts seems to be the older model, 52 litres.i ordered mine from lioncity which is the latest model and they have display for u to feel.

other brands i would recommend is Ariston, Brandt, Miele. Whatever brand u decide to choose do take note of the functions and whether u will be using it often? Have fun choosing one!! :)

Maybe this article from CNET helps you and gives your some recommendation: http://www.cnet.com/topics/ovens/buying-guide/

You can also check with www.gloous.com or www.lazada.sg to see whether they offer better deals.

Hi all!
Appreciate ur help in helping me find the right oven.

-What are the things i should look out for when i buy an oven?

- What brands are known to last long and serves its purpose.

- whats the prince range normally for a good oven.

-what are the functions i should look out for that should have in an oven

- What questions should i ask the sales asst?

- Where can i get great deals for oven.

-digital ovens or the normal ones better

Thank u so much!

At first i was considering electrolux but bcos many complains of the oven door, i bought bosch in the end cos warranty is 2yrs,basic functions(as im no chef, mainly for simple baking, pizzas n occasional grilling), used by a lot of ppl so in any case i encounter any baking or technical probs i can always ask for help/opinions in forums. For bosch hbn331e2j, do take note to only get the latest one which is the triple glass door and the door can stop at any angle and its 67litres. The ones selling at harvey norman , courts seems to be the older model, 52 litres.i ordered mine from lioncity which is the latest model and they have display for u to feel.

other brands i would recommend is Ariston, Brandt, Miele. Whatever brand u decide to choose do take note of the functions and whether u will be using it often? Have fun choosing one!! :)

[/thanks]

Edited by That7days79