Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Scandipenguin

Our Modern/industrial (& Hopefully Rustic) Scandinavian Nest

Our 5 rm BTO is now already undergoing renovation. Tiling works and wiring are in progress. Pardon me but let me do some back dating work here. Renovation is really more hectic than we though it would be! We'll let the pictures do the talking. :sport-smiley-018:

Here is our floor plan.

p1px.jpg

Very typical 5-rm floor plan. Had thought of hacking the wall between bedroom 3 and living room so as to make a, very popular now, semi-enclosed study room complete with glass doors and black frame. This would very much fit into the modern scandi feel.

4mbn.jpg

But then did away with it after consultation with our feng shui master. Decided to do away with the wall between our master and bedroom 2 instead!

[bEFORE]

8vkbk.jpg

[AFTER]

l3s4.jpg

ajz0a.jpg

:good: Much space and light after. Didn't know how much space was the wall hiding!

Since I am in the mood of hacking, why not just remove the hideous white plastic box with mesh-like PVC material covering the drainage in the master toilet. Somebody may like it, somebody don't. This was an inital idea that alarmed our ID a bit but then was accepted cause it fitted our design!

q8cjx.jpg

Alright the picture doesnt do it justice. But trust us, it's a lot bigger with the damned box removed. The black stuff is preparation work for our overlay~~ :yeah:

That's the update for another time.. :good:

• Like 3

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

In the meantime, while the renov is on the way, my wife and I have also purchased a few items:

1) First of all, a set of Grohe rain shower package that consists the rain shower with hand piece, shower mixer and a basin tap:

tn_gallery_60641_388_1447.jpgtn_gallery_60641_388_460.jpgtn_gallery_60641_388_50.jpg

2) Elkay 2 bowl stainless steel drop-in kitchen sink with tap hole (Size: L800xW448xD230mm; Thickness: 1.2mm)

- including a chopping board and drainer tray

sml_gallery_60641_388_8022.jpg

3) Baron WC with Geberit pump system

gallery_60641_388_17395.jpg

4) Bowers & Wilkins EISA award-winning floor standing speakers to deliver a satisfying listening experience

gallery_60641_388_12816.jpg

• Like 2

5) Marantz 9-channel AV receiver to power the B&W speakers and subwoofer for a more musical experience

gallery_60641_388_9.jpggallery_60641_388_13670.jpg

6) KDK ceiling fan

gallery_60641_388_4840.jpg

7) Samaire Ceiling fan

gallery_60641_388_144062.jpg

We are still sourcing for kitchen hood, hob and other electrical items at the moment. Another update will be provided once the rest of the items are purchased.

Awesome floor plan. Very square and user friendly.

I assume hacked bedroom wil be for a walk in wardrobe like set up?

Also, great choice on speaker and AVR! Don't need a woofer with those babies. :)

For your kitchen stuff, I highly recommend mega discount store. The prices were consistently lower than Harvey norman and parisilk. And only marginally higher than neighbourhood warehouse that we compared. Plus the service was amazing. Very patient in explaining all the differences. And allowed us to pay a deposit on the items but letting us change the price at any time! Even saying that they will match any GSS sale prices that arise frm now till delivery.

Hi Bianzi,

I'm unable to send PM over to you. We bought it from heritage gallery. You might wish to give them a call for advice on the latest pricing.

Hi Dwinsplace,

Thanks for providing us with another option to source for our electrical items and yes, we will be constructing a WIW in this new setup.

Here are our 3D drawings. It's the second round but we are still pending changes to colour of carpentry.

Living Room

rl1z.jpg

5ri9.jpg

Master Bathroom

Subway tiles or Cement Screed tiles? We decided for the cement screed in the end.

98g0.jpg

vty4i.jpg

WIW

1jex7.jpg

Kitchen

5sk6.jpg

Gotta make some updates to the 3D. Not really as rustic scandi as I wanted though. But i am confident that the real house will look much much better, with all the decor and the right furniture in place! :jammin:

I must say, apart from the heart pain from spending so much on reno (so hard to get my ID to give discount!), the renovation works are moving very fast. I am astounded by the quality and speed of work. My hubby just went down at 6+ and one of the worker is still there working in my toilet! There was one day when he also saw one worker (the ID brother) working on the wiring in my kitchen in darkness. :good:

Edited by Scandipenguin

• Like 1

22 May 2014

Look at the amount of work done in 2 days! Plus! My lovely blueish brown Italian tiles. I must say, you do pay for quality!

xq1og.jpg

dm6v.jpg

50qon.jpg

cm53.jpg

Edited by Scandipenguin

24 May 2014

工字型 craft stone laying style. Sampled on my SGD300 :bangwall: corrugated paper.

exak.jpg

Subway in my kitchen! :wub:
2p2s.jpg

Tiles!
9p38.jpg

8a2j6.jpg

Original door to Master Bedroom, already sealed up.
q75bw.jpg

Edited by Scandipenguin

• Like 1

26 May 2014

Everything slowly but surely coming into picture! Much excited!

quuh.jpg

Doing w/o the service yard windows and door! Airy and bright. Just the way I like!
11jt.jpg

548m.jpg

nq04.jpg

lluc.jpg

Edited by Scandipenguin

How are the subway tiles? Are they flat or do they have a 3d effect?

Flat. I know Hafary carries those with chiselled edges. I like those but my hubby doesn't. Plus they are also much more expensive.