Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Scandipenguin

Our Modern/industrial (& Hopefully Rustic) Scandinavian Nest

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey.. U laying craftstone on a gypsum board partition wall ?

I'm not sure how u call it but it is harder than the normal partition wall, with metal bracket as reinforcement.

Hi Scandi, is it possible to get your proposed floor plan layout from the ID as well as your renovation costs breakdown?

I've a very similar layout to yours and similar ideas for the master bedroom so I'd really like to see how you fit the respective stuff like WIW and study in your expanded master bedroom.

Following your blog really closely because I'd love to see the end product!

Hi Scandipenguin,

Your house is making great progress! I have the same floorplan as yours and I'm going for the same style too. Is yours a premium flat that comes with flooring? If yes, are you doing an overlay?

Could you share your kompactop cost?

Hello all! Sorry I haven't been updating for a while. Got too busy with work! So many proposals and projects! My head is going burst. Luckily my ID went on a small hiatus to settle his own stuff. If not, I may have more stuff to handle! *CHOY*

Anyways, we have still be *ahem* diligently checking on our flat once in a while. There were still some works though not much.

Our craftstone wall is finally completed! Well except for a few pieces on the top left hand corner. It has been fully laid now. Look at this beauty.... We choose the raw feel. Meaning no painting on top. Just white grouting. But grouting is not totally up yet though~~~Love the effect! Seems like the decor at some restaurants! :-D

View from the aisle.

rw3i.jpg

Close Up view

dll0.jpg

In the meantime, we managed to get the HDB guys to do the free cement screeding in our bedrooms. Our ID did our tiles too high. End up we were informed that the amount of free cement screeding was exceeded! The very smart husband just diam diam and quickly left the house. The next time we come back, it's all done! Hopefully we don't get any back-payment. :notti:

A view in the master.

0xd5.jpg

The height difference allowed for our HERF flooring.

tp8hm.jpg

After much bargaining, we managed to get our ID to SQUEEZE out 2 additional 3D drawings because we are, or rather I am, so undecided about the laminate choice!! Which one is better guys?!?!?!?

GLOSSY WHITE

p4z1.jpg

MATT WOODY GRAIN WHITE

0wo9.jpg

WOOD COLOURED BOTTOM AND TALL to match our Kompac Plus top + NORMAL WHITE

1ding.jpg

OOOOOOO Choices Choices Choices! :jawdrop:

Edited by Scandipenguin

Hi Scandi, is it possible to get your proposed floor plan layout from the ID as well as your renovation costs breakdown?

I've a very similar layout to yours and similar ideas for the master bedroom so I'd really like to see how you fit the respective stuff like WIW and study in your expanded master bedroom.

Following your blog really closely because I'd love to see the end product!

Hello congz. Nice to hear you are following our blog closely! We hope we wouldn't disappoint. :sport-smiley-018: You can see our floor plan layout in our very first post, but with the wall between Master and Bedroom 2 hacked and door changed. We did that after consultation with our fengshui master. So that may not be applicable to you. I am sorry but we would not be sharing our renovation costs breakdown.

Good luck and have fun on ur journey too!

Hi Scandipenguin,

Your house is making great progress! I have the same floorplan as yours and I'm going for the same style too. Is yours a premium flat that comes with flooring? If yes, are you doing an overlay?

Could you share your kompactop cost?

Hello stealth0128! Great minds think alike! :lol: Ours is standard flat. No floor no door. Which is great cause we don't have to have additional costs to hack and overlay. However, we are overlaying our kitchen and toilet wall tiles though! I will PM u our Kompac cost!

Glossy white

After much bargaining, we managed to get our ID to SQUEEZE out 2 additional 3D drawings because we are, or rather I am, so undecided about the laminate choice!! Which one is better guys?!?!?!?

GLOSSY WHITE

p4z1.jpg

MATT WOODY GRAIN WHITE

0wo9.jpg

WOOD COLOURED BOTTOM AND TALL to match our Kompac Plus top + NORMAL WHITE

1ding.jpg

OOOOOOO Choices Choices Choices! :jawdrop: