Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Scandipenguin

Our Modern/industrial (& Hopefully Rustic) Scandinavian Nest

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

20140725_111447_zps631d6a1a.jpg

What's the hole beside your built in oven for?

The shoe cabinet in the living.

IMG-20140726-WA0049_zps53ca08fa.jpg

Behind this is the power box right? Can share the view of inside?

Thank you! Awesome design... So love it! :good:

Hihi Scandipenguin, is it possible to share your quotation with me? I am also looking for Scandi theme renovation.

hi 12,

sorry I cant share my detailed quotation with u. :) my entire reno costs about 50k+.

Nice kitchen..is the lighting beneath the kitchen top cabinet LED light? Does it come as part of the cabinet or separate?

Hi cch93624!

The LED is a design suggested by our contractor.

Hi,

Nice house:) could you let me have the contact of your id and the approximate price? Thank u..

Him can email me your quote at chw_rt@yahoo.com

Hi!

sorry I cant share my detailed quotation with u. :) my entire reno costs about 50k+.

Hi, Do you installed your samaria fan? Interested about this fan but no much inforamtion found online...

Hi YCG!

We had the contractor install them for us. It's Samaire fans. We got them from Heritage. Performance not bad so far. Quite windy and not much noise. Would recommend!

Hi, can share your quote regarding the craftbrick wall?

How many boxes / model of the bricks used. the cost for materials n labour, the details of the contractor and how is the workmanship?

Thank you very much!

Hi, Do you installed your samaria fan? Interested about this fan but no much inforamtion found online...

Hi YCG, the fans can be bought at Royal Fanco at Jalan Besar too. We bought ours there.

• Like 1

Some of the items that we have moved into our house now. Pretty excited as we are moving in very soon. Suddenly feel so 'old' buying all those household items.. Quite fun at the same time too! And so shweet and loving of course doing all those stuff together as a couple. I hope this feeling never gets out of 'fashion'! :-D

The small bench that I tried to 'A' from the Home2U salesman, but end up still have to pay. But nonetheless, I am in love with this bench!

20140823_115958_zps27c4d1ed.jpg

The blue blue dustbin we bought from taobao sits nicely in our study and our service yard. Two different sizes. This small one sits in the study and the big one in the service yard. As with all purchases of metal dustbins from taobao, ours came dented as well. The husband expertly bumped it back into decent useable shape. Good for use now!

20140826_100238_zpsfa81023d.jpg

This is the ikea billy bookcase series that we painstakingly put together using some couple of good hours! Some knocks here and there and viola! Love the combination we came up with.

20140826_100316_zpsa2d07902.jpg

Hello all! Sorry I haven't been updating for a while. Got too busy with work! So many proposals and projects! My head is going burst. Luckily my ID went on a small hiatus to settle his own stuff. If not, I may have more stuff to handle! *CHOY*

Anyways, we have still be *ahem* diligently checking on our flat once in a while. There were still some works though not much.

Our craftstone wall is finally completed! Well except for a few pieces on the top left hand corner. It has been fully laid now. Look at this beauty.... We choose the raw feel. Meaning no painting on top. Just white grouting. But grouting is not totally up yet though~~~Love the effect! Seems like the decor at some restaurants! :-D

View from the aisle.

rw3i.jpg

Close Up view

dll0.jpg

In the meantime, we managed to get the HDB guys to do the free cement screeding in our bedrooms. Our ID did our tiles too high. End up we were informed that the amount of free cement screeding was exceeded! The very smart husband just diam diam and quickly left the house. The next time we come back, it's all done! Hopefully we don't get any back-payment. :notti:

A view in the master.

0xd5.jpg

The height difference allowed for our HERF flooring.

tp8hm.jpg

hey SCANDIPENGUIN... can i have the contact of yr contractor? i am looking for a contractor to do up my resale flat

This is the ikea billy bookcase series that we painstakingly put together using some couple of good hours! Some knocks here and there and viola! Love the combination we came up with.

20140826_100316_zpsa2d07902.jpg

May I have the dimension of this shelf ?

Does it comes in other sizes too ?

Our renovations are about to come to an end. Now is the laborious period of cleaning and CLEANING!. We found a couple of chipped tiles, after cleaning spick and span, and we had the contractor to come back and RE-TILE! Yes! A bit heart pain but well, we will just have to re-clean and re-wipe everything again. Not that we are complaining. :sport-smiley-018:

Here are a few pic of our Kompac Plus kitchen table top, combine with the white glossy laminate and black grouted white sub-way tiles. We got our inspiration from, no other than Kompac Plus website itself. HAHA!

20140817_175305_zpsf1a8ef07.jpg

20140817_175232_zps1c3f5969.jpg

Our renovations are about to come to an end. Now is the laborious period of cleaning and CLEANING!. We found a couple of chipped tiles, after cleaning spick and span, and we had the contractor to come back and RE-TILE! Yes! A bit heart pain but well, we will just have to re-clean and re-wipe everything again. Not that we are complaining. :sport-smiley-018:

Here are a few pic of our Kompac Plus kitchen table top, combine with the white glossy laminate and black grouted white sub-way tiles. We got our inspiration from, no other than Kompac Plus website itself. HAHA!

20140817_175305_zpsf1a8ef07.jpg

20140817_175232_zps1c3f5969.jpg

Hi Scandipenguin,

Did you hack away the service yard wall completely or half? I am thinking of hacking my service yard. I was also told by my ID that I may need to do the retiling of the service yard floor tiles. I suspect is because of the slope between service yard and kitchen. by the way, can share with me the cost?

It has been a long time. Tiring few days trying to get the house cleaned up. We finally have a study table. Along with some lights for ideas.... geddit? :notti:

We splurged in Ikea and the display cabinet was one of our hunts. Lighting to get the mood in order. Slowly, piece by piece, our home starts to take shape.

20140817_174123_zpsb5eb22b9.jpg

20140817_174515_zps25a80642.jpg

20140817_174458_zps026e6eb3.jpg

Hi. I see that you bought the "fairy" lights (first photo)? Can i check if 8 bulbs is actually sufficient to light up the room? Do you have a photo with it lights on at night? Oh and is it from tb? if so, can i have the link to it ? :)

The shoe cabinet in the living.

IMG-20140726-WA0049_zps53ca08fa.jpg

Behind this is the power box right? Can share the view of inside?

Thank you! Awesome design... So love it! :good:

Anyone got a respond from Scandipenguin?