Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Scandipenguin

Our Modern/industrial (& Hopefully Rustic) Scandinavian Nest

Then ur door got holes from the previous drilling???

Nopez. Not exactly sure what he did. Probably just changed to a shorter handle. or Changed the door. As long as everything looks and works nice nice now. :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Ken82,

We bought ours from Heritage. It really looks good, ours is the glossy black one. The wind generated is acceptable as well. We have ours in the tv area of our living. However, when we are sitting in our dining table, we don't really feel the wind anymore. That is like, approx 3m away from the centre of the fan. Hope that helps!

Hi Scandipenguin,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I love the look of the Samaire Fans too, both 49 inch and 56 inch one.

I believe your living room fan should be 56 inch?

Will you kindly let me know how much did you buy it for from Heritage?

Here are some pictures of the "other side" of my kitchen! We have a nice miniature desert garden going on there in the green IKEA pot nicely done up by hubby. Much love!

We have a F&P sandstone fridge that blends really well with our concept. Love the fact the the freezer is at the bottom and the main food compartment is on top. Don't have to bend too much to access food! Two thumbs up! :notti:

Lights are again from taobao. We changed the bulbs so we can have more light in the kitchen. Mandatory to change TB light bulbs if you are using them as your main light source.

20140922_210949_zps4c1fd63c.jpg

This is the view from the other side of the kitchen looking out into the service yard. We only hacked away the windows and door. Left the walls there as we still wanted to partition the service yard and kitchen in some way and also, so that we can have a clean stop to where the kitchen cabinets will go. You can go all the way and extend your kitchen. Depends on how you want to style it and your budget. But then you would lose your place to hang some clothes! I've seen some pretty decent and chic looking open concept kitchens here in renotalk where the walls between the kitchen and living are hacked. Very innovative and very nice but also very expensive. :thumbs up:

20140922_211237_zpsba89011f.jpg

Love the last pic. the hacking decision seems to be a good one as it does open up your kitchen. Beautiful!

Hi scandipenquin, how many watts was your kitchen lights? I doubt my edison bulb (comes with the tb lights) works for the kitchen.. I'll go blind sooner or later! :/

Hi hellonub,

We forgot how many watts are our kitchen lights. We just choose the brightest E27 in the market.

Hi Scandipenguin,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I love the look of the Samaire Fans too, both 49 inch and 56 inch one.

I believe your living room fan should be 56 inch?

Will you kindly let me know how much did you buy it for from Heritage?

Hi Ken82,

Yes ours is the larger size one. We bought ours at in the range of 200+. We had a discount as we bought many other stuff as well.

Hi Ken82,

Yes ours is the larger size one. We bought ours at in the range of 200+. We had a discount as we bought many other stuff as well.

Hi Scandipenguin,

That is a very good price. The reason I am asking is because I already have about $3000 worth of purchase from Heritage excluding any fans.

Will you advise me for your Samaire fan, does it have any remote or lighting on it?

It wil be great if you can let me know the exact fan model, :)

Thank you very much.

Here are some other views of our living area.

We've got some Bruce Lee action going on in the hallway. Again the nice artworks of the hubby. He must have gotten A in arts class! :notti:

Our living under the spotlight :idea:

The antique looking pocketwatch-like clock we got at a shop in Singapore.

20140923_195250_zps54f15d78.jpg

Hello Scandipenguin, nicely done up place you have!

I also have a brickwall at hom, but havent hang anything on the wall so far. may i know did u drill a nail for hanging the clock?

Thanks!

Hello Scandipenguin, nicely done up place you have!

I also have a brickwall at hom, but havent hang anything on the wall so far. may i know did u drill a nail for hanging the clock?

Thanks!

Hi Yeocando!

Thanks for the compliment!

Yes we did drill a nail in. A bit scary but take care just to drill at the grouting portion of course. We also used the smallest sized drill head. Just try to be gentle ;) Hope no cracks surface after that!

Here are some pictures of the "other side" of my kitchen! We have a nice miniature desert garden going on there in the green IKEA pot nicely done up by hubby. Much love!

We have a F&P sandstone fridge that blends really well with our concept. Love the fact the the freezer is at the bottom and the main food compartment is on top. Don't have to bend too much to access food! Two thumbs up! :notti:

Lights are again from taobao. We changed the bulbs so we can have more light in the kitchen. Mandatory to change TB light bulbs if you are using them as your main light source.

20140922_210949_zps4c1fd63c.jpg

This is the view from the other side of the kitchen looking out into the service yard. We only hacked away the windows and door. Left the walls there as we still wanted to partition the service yard and kitchen in some way and also, so that we can have a clean stop to where the kitchen cabinets will go. You can go all the way and extend your kitchen. Depends on how you want to style it and your budget. But then you would lose your place to hang some clothes! I've seen some pretty decent and chic looking open concept kitchens here in renotalk where the walls between the kitchen and living are hacked. Very innovative and very nice but also very expensive. :thumbs up:

20140922_211237_zpsba89011f.jpg

can have the link to your kitchen lights?

***I repost my message as I believe you have missed it, hope to hear your reply.***

Hi Scandipenguin,

That is a very good price. The reason I am asking is because I already have about $3000 worth of purchase from Heritage excluding any fans.

Will you advise me for your Samaire fan, does it have any remote or lighting on it?

It wil be great if you can let me know the exact fan model, :)

Thank you very much.

Hi there,

Can i know where u get the black rails?

TIA

:)

Hello all! Long time no talk. We have finally moved into our new pad!

I love my kitchen. So ya, Please see pictures of it AGAIN. :-D

20140907_190022_zps1f38144d.jpg