Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kajua

How Long Before You Reno Again?

Just curious, how long after you stayed at a place will you think of redoing the reno again?

I know in my parents days the number is like 20-30 years when things really break down but nowdays the things that we have dont seem to last like my parents days

So how long before people usually redo their reno?

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Am curious to know too.

Ive stayed in my current flat in Woodlands for 18 years. Thinking of renovating my whole flat again and avoid the mistakes done during my first renovation. I ever asked a renovation company before and he said it will take at least 1 month to complete the job. A friend of mine done it before. He advised to find a temporary lodging and transfer all the household furniture and necessary items to a rented warehouse storage. He did the whole house renovation after more than 30 years.

I don't intend to look for a new flat and renovating my flat again is better option. I just waiting for my kitchen cabinet to break down and then I will consider. It is important to do re-wiring again and replace the toilet bowl.

Hope for some input from members here.

• Like 1

I am doing up my master room for the 3rd time within 3 years.

We made mistakes for the pass 2 reno, so we hope this 3rd one will be correct.

It's been a two or three month since we have reno our kitchen. We have just move so we have to do the personalize stuffs because my wife is too meaticulous and she said that it will be good if we personalize our things so we decide to reno our kitchen.

I think 15 to 20 years is long enough to justify a renovation, especially for the kitchen.

Kitchen cabinets are normally wood and with moisture (especially near/below the sink), they would have deteriorate. At the stove and with overhand cabinets over it, the heat would also have cause the wood/formica to deteriorate too.

Toilets too. This is a wet area. I think waterproofing have limited lifespan and will need to replace.

Other areas in the house, I think it is not necessary if carefully maintain. My opinion only.

Edited by w7_lee

• Like 2

I agree with w7_lee, 20 years should be the limit for reno plans to take place. Often we need to do it earlier, but thats subjective. Like my mother needs to renovate the carpets, rather get them cleaned every 18 months. Good luck with your plans.