Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Is 25k enough for renovating a 4a flat? Here is my list of things to do:

1. Renovating of 2 toilets. Floor tiles, side walls, toilet bowl and wash bowl.

2. Renovation of kitchen. Floor and side walls and kitchen cabinet with solid surface (granite).

3. Replacement of window grills (aluminum).

4. Replacement of floors on living room, dining area and the 3 bedrooms. (Ceramic tiles 2ftx2ft)

5. Painting of house.

I will retain the ceiling because the whole house have cornices. Lighting and bathroom fixtures will be on a separate budget.

My question is my budget enough for the above mentioned renovation? Any contractor to recommend?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there,

I'm currently doing my 4A flat kitchen and 2 toilets complete hackdown and thereafter re-tiling and fixing everything back up, including cabinets (about 30ft in total). Got my reno contractor who is my neighbour to do it at a discount (nbours for 20+ yrs at old house) and even they couldn't go below 28k (bathroom fixtures not included).

I think a more realistic budget to set is 30k but when u meet contractors/IDs tell them 25k. It also depends a lot on the floor area or ur kitchen and toilets, and also the config of ur cabinet (if u want tall units or additional features, pay more),

In my searching process, I went thru 5 IDs and the most professional one I got who was most impressive and detailed and gave the most competitive quote that we would have gone for if not for my parents bugging us to take our neightbour was from Summit. Professional and good customer service, fast response during the quote formulation process. I dunno about workmanship though cos we didn engage them in the end.

Hi, i think based on the prices now, its quite hard to do all these in 25k. However, my ID is having a promotion now, i think is 2388 or something for 20feet kitchen cabinet with free sink n tap. can't remember whats the top surface. You can call him to ask tho. look for Johnson, 84842847. He's very patient and professional. Workmanship so far, my house has been great. cheers

Cynthia

Hi, i'm having a 4A too.

planning to hack the whole house flooring, change to homogeneous tiles, using wood looking tiles in the bedrooms

hack down a toilet wall to make it smaller.

change windows and grille

change all door in the house, including main door.

carpentry work in kitchen (quartz), 14ft in total.

TV feature wall

wardrobe for mbr

the cheapest quote i got now is at 50k. if you can find someone to quote within your budget, please let me know.

I am looking for renov to do my 4A too. If you can get $25k, let me know too esp if the workmanship is good.

There is the BIG HOME FAIR at expo right now too with many IDs, you can go visit.

Been looking around, got 4 most competitive quotes all around $30k (excluding electrical rewiring, lighting).

I think the only wall to get a budget of $25k is you don't replace the floor of you living room and bedrooms. Overlay vinly tiles such as HRF tiles on it. That will save you about $8k.

Edited by limacsg

Hi there, me too having 4A flat, intend to redo the whole unit. still looking for reno contractor to quote. Budget at 30k but most of them reply not quite sufficient. Hope to get one that can do within my budget of 30k (exclude rewiring, accessories, lighting....) just basic reno no need sofiscated design.

Went to Big Home Fair at expo.....IDs quoted 50 to 60k.... excluding accessories...but throw in hob hood, aircon.

Professional Management / Design Services

01 Conceptualize Space Planning

02 Conceptualize Furniture Planning

03 Conceptualize Layout Planning

04 Color / Materials Matching

05 Perspectives Drawing by In-house Designer

06 Interior Elemet & Product Pre-Consultation

07 Experience site foreman supervision

08 Experience project management

Masonry Works

09 Hack existing living & dining flooring

10 Hack existing bedroom flooring

11 Hack existing kitchen flooring

12 Hack existing bahroom flooring

13 Supply & lay (600 x 600 mm) homogenous flooring for

-living

-dining

-all bedrooms

-storeroom/shelter

14 Supply & lay

-skirting for homogenous floor area

-homogenous / country tiles for kitchen

-homogenous / country tiles for 2 bathroom

-high density waterproofing membrane for kitchen & bathrooms

15 Construct main entrance door kerb

16 Construct 50mm cabinet base with tiles at edges

17 Construct 50mm fridge base with tiles finishing

18 Construct shower kerb for master bathroom

19 Construct shower kerb for common bathrom

Ceiling Works

20 L box cornice for living area

21 L box cornice for dining area

22 False ceiling for foyer

23 False ceiling for bedroom doorway

24 Design cornice for all bedrooms

Painting works

25 Painting for whole unit wall surface (ICI / Nippon 3 in 1)

26 Emulsion coating for whole house wall & ceiling surface

27 Painting for all piping

28 Painting for all doorframes

29 Painting for all doors

30 Painting for whole unit ceiling surfaces

31 Patching up of wall groove line

Plumbing Works

32 Copper piping for whole house

33 Inlet & outlet piping for itchen sink

34 Inlet & outlet piping for washing machine

35 Supply & install

- 2 set of instant heater for 2 bathrooms

- kitchen sink (single bowl) w/o tap

- 2 set of toilet accessories for 2 bathrooms

- 2 nos of mini shower spray gun

- 2 set of WC pedestal

- 2 set of wash basin w/o tap

Aluminum / Glass Door works

36 Supply & Install

- 1 set of 10mm tempered glass shower screen

- 2 set of aluminum bi-bold doors

- Classic door for all bedrooms

- 1 set of granvised wrought Iron Gate

Misc/Warranty works

37 Chemical washing for whole unit

38 Five year warranty on workmanship

39 No hidden cost & hassle free guarantee

40 Haulage fees (debris removal fees)

41 HDB permit handling fees

42 Coordination fee

I was quoted this amount last year, but didn't take up the package. Don't know how much it is now.

3 Room - $13,640

4 Room - $16,600

5 Room - $19,450

20ft laminated kitchen cabnet, Abs trimming, Designers handles, Solid plydoors, Postform worktop + $1,600. Exclude electrical.

Edited by gemini

2. Renovation of kitchen. Floor and side walls and kitchen cabinet with solid surface (granite).

4. Replacement of floors on living room, dining area and the 3 bedrooms. (Ceramic tiles 2ftx2ft)

5. Painting of house.

I will retain the ceiling because the whole house have cornices. Lighting and bathroom fixtures will be on a separate budget.

My question is my budget enough for the above mentioned renovation? Any contractor to recommend?

Should be able to. I've received 3 quotations and all around this amount (exclude wardrobe, feature wall, electrical).

Edited by gemini

5. Painting of house.

Hi Magixuser,

25k a bit tough, but if u wan u can try my contractor, maybe can fit ard there. no harm getting a quotation. he's renovating my bto and the quote he gave is easily 20% lesser than what IDs quoted me. and his workmanship is good.