Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
applepie

Flooring Advice Needed

Hi everyone. I just received my keys and have absolutely no idea where to go to for floorings.

I need floorings for bedrooms and living room. My place is 92sqm, a fairly small 4 room flat so I suppose the price will not be too expensive.

I kind of like the idea of laminated flooring or homogenous(they are the shiny looking ones like marble right?)

I would appreciate if you guys could shed some light, really wonder how much that would cost me...

And I heard some horror stories of contractors not delivering works on time.

If you guys could genuinely recommend a couple of contractors, that would be very helpful.

This is my first home, just hope it would be handled decently...

Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, my house is slightly smaller than yours (85sqm). I'm recently quoted $4,900 for laminated flooring (living hall, passagewalkway, 3 bedrooms). Not sure how much it will cost for homogenous. Personally I prefer tiles, easier to maintain. Else go for parquet, because it can increase your house market value.

Edited by gemini

ur house is around 1000 sq feet (approx).

if u are talking about new BTO flat, therefore no hacking is required. so for that, it is roughly 7k+. then plus haulage of a few hundred, total should be around 8k +/- $500

Hi, my house is slightly smaller than yours (85sqm). I'm recently quoted $4,900 for laminated flooring (living hall, passagewalkway, 3 bedrooms). Not sure how much it will cost for homogenous. Personally I prefer tiles, easier to maintain. Else go for parquet, because it can increase your house market value.

Thanks Gemini. Thats helpful, good to have a basic idea of costings.

ur house is around 1000 sq feet (approx).

if u are talking about new BTO flat, therefore no hacking is required. so for that, it is roughly 7k+. then plus haulage of a few hundred, total should be around 8k +/- $500

Ya it is new bto. Thanks, i will keep that quotation in mind.

Hi Apple,

I'm a supplier of laminate flooring, and depending on what flooring solutions you need, price might differ. Just a basic idea:

Parquet - Increase value, best feel, but water is troublesome

Laminate - Good feel, water could be trouble unless you opt for our waterproof laminate (not vinyl)

Vinyl - Tough, silent, waterproof

Tile - Easy to maintain, waterproof, but its cold

Cheers and have a nice day,

Sheridan

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I just received my keys and have absolutely no idea where to go to for floorings.

I need floorings for bedrooms and living room. My place is 92sqm, a fairly small 4 room flat so I suppose the price will not be too expensive.

I kind of like the idea of laminated flooring or homogenous(they are the shiny looking ones like marble right?)

I would appreciate if you guys could shed some light, really wonder how much that would cost me...

And I heard some horror stories of contractors not delivering works on time.

If you guys could genuinely recommend a couple of contractors, that would be very helpful.

This is my first home, just hope it would be handled decently...

Thank you in advance!

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/65705-laminate-vinyl-flooring-green-label-supply-install-included-pm-or-msg-me-for-quote/

Hi applepie,

Don't know if you have proceeded with your flooring. I came across this website with useful information on flooring types:

http://www.vincentinteriorblog.com/types-of-flooring-for-your-living-room-and-bedroom/

Check this out.

Btw, if you already chosen, please share what type you have chosen. I am starting my reno soon. will be helpful.

Hi Apple,

I'm a supplier of laminate flooring, and depending on what flooring solutions you need, price might differ. Just a basic idea:

Parquet - Increase value, best feel, but water is troublesome

Laminate - Good feel, water could be trouble unless you opt for our waterproof laminate (not vinyl)

Vinyl - Tough, silent, waterproof

Tile - Easy to maintain, waterproof, but its cold

Cheers and have a nice day,

Sheridan

To add on, Parquet requires regular maintenance every 3-5 years, light sanding and gap filling and revarnish..

• Like 1

Hi anyone out there, who already researched the best places to buy flooring & wall tiles:

Is Hafary more expensive say Soon Bee Huat? Any other suggested places to check out?

Most importantly u must like the products. Cheap no use. I frequent SBH for all my renos.

The contractors do get a cut from the displayed price, so u can try to get some savings from the contractor. Not all contractors are honest to tell u all these.

Hi,

We signed up for Evorich pkg during their anniversary at S$6.50 psf including GST. Comes with lifetime warranty. Has paid S$500 for the deposit. We have decided to use homogenous tiles instead as this is preferred by my in-laws as we are staying together. Willing to let go at S$450.

Interested parties, please pm or email me at dafenni19@gmail.com.

Thanks!