Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

So you paid $300 to see the 3D drawings? I believe most of them do not have any dimension in the 3D drawings.

Seem like once you paid the 3D drawings you most likely will enter agreement with the ID.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

We recently sign up with an ID over the package however there are additional items costs atleast 2 to 3 times higher compared to market value. Works & 3d drawings have nt started at all. We have paid 10% deposit & id claims that once bank loan approved, will return back deposit & start drawings. Meanwhile we wait.

Is this the correct way? We are thinking to not go with them& want back the deposit. Feel dubious over them

Hi,

We recently sign up with an ID over the package however there are additional items costs atleast 2 to 3 times higher compared to market value. Works & 3d drawings have nt started at all. We have paid 10% deposit & id claims that once bank loan approved, will return back deposit & start drawings. Meanwhile we wait.

Is this the correct way? We are thinking to not go with them& want back the deposit. Feel dubious over them

Not too sure what is the exact right way.. But if I'm not wrong the sequence should be like this?

1. Ask for quote

2. If everything ok, Sign contract and pay 10-20% downpayment of contract price.

3. Get 3D designs from ID

4. Confirm 3D designs and start reno work

5. Pay the rest in installments of percentage( Depending on ID)

6. Pay final component percentage when works complete and handover.

I actually jumped to number 3 first before signing contract with my ID. Haha.. Cause the quote and designs were not what I am satisfied with. Anyways I still have 5 more months to make changes so it's ok. But I've paid them the $500 for the 3D designs which will be offset from my final quote.

Normally when you paid 10% of the contract sum, the ID would proceed do the 3D drawings. Usually how long could we expect the 3D drawings be ready? Any idea how many times we entilte to amend?

Normally when you paid 10% of the contract sum, the ID would proceed do the 3D drawings. Usually how long could we expect the 3D drawings be ready? Any idea how many times we entilte to amend?

Mine usually gets back to me within 3-4 weeks, because my house is still 6 months ahead of finishing. Normally if you have your keys ready and are getting your id to do the 3D works for you, it should take 1-2 weeks.

As for the number of amendments, depends on the ID and if you have paid the 10% deposit already or not. Usually they don't limit it if you have paid the 10% deposit..

Hi

Do all IDs require a sum to be paid before they give you the 3D designs? Cos i feel, if i do not like the designs even after clarifying with the ID alot of times, then i will not be using them. In this case, $500 will be gone!

Hi

Do all IDs require a sum to be paid before they give you the 3D designs? Cos i feel, if i do not like the designs even after clarifying with the ID alot of times, then i will not be using them. In this case, $500 will be gone!

The sad truth is yes! Most IDs will ask you for a downpayment or deposit(which you can offset) after signing with the ID.

I've just been to 2 more IDs and they have both asked for deposit for 3D designs + Quote + space planning. I did not pay them of course, so I just requested for their space planning idea & quote according to the materials we required and discussed through.

Most important when comparing quotes, is that the materials you are requesting from each ID has to be the same. Basically everything has to be the same. From the materials, to the design, to the amount of sqft of carpentry used. Then only will the quote be comparable fairly.

Faced with a similar situation, the ID asked for $1000 dollars for 3D drawings on first meeting. I ask him to fly kite.

In principle, there is a reason for this; in most cases, $500 is enough. If you are interested, I was engaged in car design, namely 3D design, and I was looking for many resources that could be useful, I found Saroni David France in which I read a lot of information about the software to use, a lot of facts indicating errors and so on, there is a lot interesting information, you can take a look.