Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 04/06/2014 at 5:21 PM, creative_vitamin said:

There are a couple of renovations approaches which I read in the forums, I decided to get a BCA licensed builder for the renovations wetworks.

List of contractors / ID / builders I have contacted:

1) Deng Feng (http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/52238-to-the-east-we-go/)

2) Nic & Wes (http://www.renotalk.com/directory-listing/company/207/65/Nic-Wes-Builders-Pte-Ltd)

3) KLW builder

4) JTJ builder

We did approach some interior designers too however somehow we feel that with the age of internet, lots of interior design ideas are readily accessible and we should be able to do without one. We need one who is good with the wet-works and technical stuffs as we value quality over aesthetics.

After lengthy onsite visit, quotations for list of works, calibrating ease of communication etc, speed of response,

We chosen Deng Feng Construction Works (Mr Lee) to assist with the renovations.

Reasons:

1) A big proportional of the houses in Loyang estate has been renovated by them and as a result they have established themselves as the go-to residential contractors in Loyang estate. (we find this fact very impressive )

2) Ease of communication is great, they know what they do.

3) Onsite inspection of completed houses coupled with happy owners are positive testaments to their works.

How is your reno work with Mr Lee (Deng Feng)?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

There are a couple of renovations approaches which I read in the forums, I decided to get a BCA licensed builder for the renovations wetworks.

List of contractors / ID / builders I have contacted:

1) Deng Feng (http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/52238-to-the-east-we-go/)

2) Nic & Wes (http://www.renotalk.com/directory-listing/company/207/65/Nic-Wes-Builders-Pte-Ltd)

3) KLW builder

4) JTJ builder

We did approach some interior designers too however somehow we feel that with the age of internet, lots of interior design ideas are readily accessible and we should be able to do without one. We need one who is good with the wet-works and technical stuffs as we value quality over aesthetics.

After lengthy onsite visit, quotations for list of works, calibrating ease of communication etc, speed of response,

We chosen Deng Feng Construction Works (Mr Lee) to assist with the renovations.

Reasons:

1) A big proportional of the houses in Loyang estate has been renovated by them and as a result they have established themselves as the go-to residential contractors in Loyang estate. (we find this fact very impressive )

2) Ease of communication is great, they know what they do.

3) Onsite inspection of completed houses coupled with happy owners are positive testaments to their works.

I should be saying goodbye to renovation decisions in a few weeks time!

To capture on the momentum and while the memories are flashing hot in the mind, I share what I have experience from renovation. Renotalk has been a great companion during these time for some reading and ideas.

A resale house has been bought and to rejuvenate a 30 years old house call for a rather deep pocket!

(this is my first renovation experience)

Hopefully this to-be-completed house will serve its purpose to some years to come.

Here is the general outlook of the house (from google street), a commonly found tudor inspired house building design in singapore built in the 80s and 90s.

e0a8d689-cfc7-4174-ab1a-c0ec1a74cd4c_zps

Edited by creative_vitamin