Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EvolutionX

Just A New Home

Seeing many people here create a t-blog, le lazy me should try try also create 1 as well....

This "blog" (or rather say post) should be create since few months ago, but due to laziness, only now then i start to create and record....

Key was collected 2 months ago. now is first of june already (after 12 mn), my renovation still not started. not because I have not find contractor/ID, but due to hiccups caused by HDB/BSC. Long story........ :bangwall:

Nonetheless, this is a sample of the floor plan. gallery_47102_402_65460.jpg

Edited by EvolutionX

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Long before we collect our key, my wifey and me already go to many expo show for home living or furniture to see see look look. We were also thinking whether to get an ID or contractor to renovation our house. We list down the pro and con...

Contractors

Pro

• Cheaper
  • Workmanship might be better

Con

• Harder to manage
  • Spend more time to find them 1 by 1
  • Need to help to liase with various contractors at one go
  • Need to go down almost every few days if anything crops up

Interior Design

Pro

• Talk to 1 person on my criteria, so he/she will settle everything for me
  • Any fault just find that 1 person
  • Need advise, just find that 1 person
  • Anything unhappy, also find that 1 person

Con

• Expensive :unsure:

Due to our work committment, distance of new home to our current place, and child committment, we decided to spend slightly more money to engage an ID. And due to our low budget, we have to reduce many "concepts" that we want. :(

If you need ideas for layout, mass send your floor plan and ask for quotations.

They will pass you their quotes + floor plan layout.

This will help you to compare pricing around in the market + a rough idea of how things the layout you want.

(*Hope this help)

Good luck for your reno

The search for ID is considered complete already (Since we paid some deposit). Here the story goes....

After doing some research online, plus recommendation from renotalker, and those exhibitors from expo.... we narrowed down this 3 IDs....

1) S***** Design - Professional approach, but way over budget

2) Ci**** - The ID who entertain me is friendly, and offered some practical advices, Packages offered quite reasonable with freebies. (still slightly on the high side, good for those who intended to seriously design the whole place)

3) Dre** Cre****** - Recommended by wifey friend, a newly started company by 2 experienced IDs (of course they have more than just 2 IDs) from other companies. Price only quote what i want to do.

I actually choose the 2nd choice, my wifey choose 3rd... in the end we decided on 3rd ID, so we can just pay for what we want to do instead of package items.

Edited by EvolutionX

If you need ideas for layout, mass send your floor plan and ask for quotations.

They will pass you their quotes + floor plan layout.

This will help you to compare pricing around in the market + a rough idea of how things the layout you want.

(*Hope this help)

Good luck for your reno

I did almost the same things, but instead of just sending to them by email. I actually choose a number of IDs and went to them 1 by 1. almost half of them didnt reply with quote after i gave them my budget. lol

• Like 1

Having gotten the key to our new home. Submitted defect list to BSC and submit request for cement screed to HDB. Supposed to have cement screed done long ago. The previous main contractor for HDB to do cement screen for our site actually "cut cost" of their material, they mixed their own sand and cement instead of using pre-mixed cement. When i see my cement screed, obviously the surface are "well-coated" with cement while underneath are mostly sand. I called up my HDB officer and request them to redo screeding. I believed too many people complaint about their "cheap" screeding, ended up the contractor was changed.

This is how the hacked screeding looks with mostly sand used.

gallery_47102_402_333007.jpg

Even though the main contractor followed the guideline to use the "instructed" material to do screeding, but the quality of work is seriously.... :bangwall: The thickness of screeding was overshot, as the floor was hacked once, they ended up asked the BSC to raise the level of my bathroom tiles. sigh....

Edited by EvolutionX

Having gotten the key to our new home. Submitted defect list to BSC and submit request for cement screed to HDB. Supposed to have cement screed done long ago. The previous main contractor for HDB to do cement screen for our site actually "cut cost" of their material, they mixed their own sand and cement instead of using pre-mixed cement. When i see my cement screed, obviously the surface are "well-coated" with cement while underneath are mostly sand. I called up my HDB officer and request them to redo screeding. I believed too many people complaint about their "cheap" screeding, ended up the contractor was changed.

This is how the hacked screeding looks with mostly sand used.

gallery_47102_402_333007.jpg

Even though the main contractor followed the guideline to use the "instructed" material to do screeding, but the quality of work is seriously.... :bangwall: The thickness of screeding was overshot, as the floor was hacked once, they ended up asked the BSC to raise the level of my bathroom tiles. sigh....

That mean they going to hacked your toilet tiles as well and redo? quite a lot of work to be done

Seeing many people here create a t-blog, le lazy me should try try also create 1 as well....

This "blog" (or rather say post) should be create since few months ago, but due to laziness, only now then i start to create and record....

Key was collected 2 months ago. now is first of june already (after 12 mn), my renovation still not started. not because I have not find contractor/ID, but due to hiccups caused by HDB/BSC. Long story........ :bangwall:

Nonetheless, this is a sample of the floor plan. gallery_47102_402_65460.jpg

Hello! Are you living at AI too ?

Went to PC show last week and Tech Show last last week. Visited Yale digital lock booth and apparently digital lock is in the trend. Well, it appears to add an additional security (plus troublesome) to our new home, so i ordered the simplest lock to be install on my main door.

gallery_47102_402_15544.jpg

This is roughly how it gonna looks. But i might drill another hole to add on instead of replacing the existing lock.

Went to Gain City during one of the weekend. Bought a LG Washer/Dryer for 959 and LG Fridge for 849, with freebies for LG Red Hot sales... but both freebies is microwave, with my existing microwave (still in good condition), i will have 3 microwaves in my home... :dunno: