Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
EvolutionX

Just A New Home

My renovation finally started.... Based on my ID, firstly will do up flooring, then kitchen cabinet, then electrical work and lastly painting of new home...

Due to bad experience from aircon purchase last time from another company, this time round i did some research in renotalk forum and decided to get my air con from Tim Wong who have a thread by himself in another section. So far not much negative feedback, at least i feel slightly safer even though its not the cheapest i found. Was initially pondering whether to get Mitsubishi Heavy Ind. or Panasonic or even Midea since its the cheapest, my family member insisted that I should spend more to get a better aircon (meaning dont get Midea), and also a lot of my friends was recommending Mitsubishi H.I., thus i decided to get MHI System 3. Paid deposit, now waiting to get a date for installation.

gallery_47102_402_5647.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Went to Gain City during one of the weekend. Bought a LG Washer/Dryer for 959 and LG Fridge for 849, with freebies for LG Red Hot sales... but both freebies is microwave, with my existing microwave (still in good condition), i will have 3 microwaves in my home... :dunno:

You can try selling them off at a much cheaper pricing.

Some of them did that previously when samsung have free mircowave / vacuum when you purchase TV and etc ...

You can try selling them off at a much cheaper pricing.

Some of them did that previously when samsung have free mircowave / vacuum when you purchase TV and etc ...

thats what i gonna do. i have not arrange delivery, so without that invoice i cant collect it.

Bought some lighting stuffs from taobao for my home... Not sure how good is the quality and how nice it gonna turn out. But the price is seriously cheap. Apparently taobao is the trend for youngster who doing renovation nowadays. :good:

My master bedroom.

gallery_47102_402_15959.jpg

Toilets light

gallery_47102_402_13911.jpg

Dining Light

gallery_47102_402_259009.jpg

Bought some lighting stuffs from taobao for my home... Not sure how good is the quality and how nice it gonna turn out. But the price is seriously cheap. Apparently taobao is the trend for youngster who doing renovation nowadays. :good:

My master bedroom.

gallery_47102_402_15959.jpg

Toilets light

gallery_47102_402_13911.jpg

Dining Light

gallery_47102_402_259009.jpg

Hi,

I like your lights. Please let me know the links for these lights.

Thanks a lot..

Hi,

I like your lights. Please let me know the links for these lights.

Thanks a lot..

Here u goes...

Iphone Light (Now price is cheaper than what i bought... gek sim) - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37523370994&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

Dining Light - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37743606251&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

Normal ceiling light - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37622595947&spm=2014.12193480.0.0

Cement screed is completed, So my ID went ahead to do tiling for my living room. Bedroom will be doing laminated flooring, so gonna wait til the end of renovation then do the wood tiling.

Before

gallery_47102_402_174556.jpg

After

gallery_47102_402_2509.jpg

Nice dinning lights :good:

Remember to update your shipper to have better & proper packing for the lights as it seem glass to me.

Went to open up the lights that bought from taobao to prepare for installation. Super unfortunately, my ceiling light got crack thou still able to lock it, not sure if the daigou got open up and check the goods physically. Gek xim, emailed to the daigou to see if there is anyway that i can do exchange. :(

gallery_47102_402_15020.jpg

After writing in to my daigou, they helped me to talked to seller and they send in the cover FOC.

My washing machine base have completed, but it seems smaller than expected. And my electrical work is on the way.

gallery_47102_402_82429.jpg

gallery_47102_402_69389.jpg

Bought my Mitsubishi Heavy Industries System 3 aircon from Tim Wong in renotalk. Been calling him during one of the saturday morning til afternoon to book an appointment 2 weeks in advance, but his phone is off. So called his office and one of the guy say he is not around in office, and will get Tim to call me back on monday. But i wait til for 1 week til i remembered that i need to book a date for installation, so tried to call his mobile again, and cannot get through again. Thinking that there is a possibility that i kanna scam since i already paid a deposit :jawdrop: , so i decide to call him on monday. And finally he pick up his phone on monday, he then explained to me that he will go back to Malaysia during weekend, thus he will off his phone. :angry: Nonetheless, i told him i insisted on booking the date i originally wanted since its not my fault that its became so last minute. The office guy who picked up the phone supposed to ask him return call but he didnt inform Tim. Anyway, he finally squeeze my installation into a weekday afternoon since i dont need a 2nd appointment.

Installation in progress......

gallery_47102_402_138743.jpg

Installed....

gallery_47102_402_22639.jpg

As 2 of the front panel of the aircon is slightly dented, i requested his installer to inform Tim to change for me. He supposed to bring down the panels and get the installer to change for me, but because they got another appointment, they just left me alone to wait for Tim, kinda pissed off a lil bit. When Tim reached, he only brought down 1 panel due to miscommunication with his installer, so he went back to bring the 2nd piece and i wasted another 1 hour. :furious: Well, seeing him rushing here and there to change my panel, i also cant bring myself to angry with him... Workmanship wise still ok la, maybe i just suay, if not it supposed to go smoothly...

Went to Gain City during one of the weekend. Bought a LG Washer/Dryer for 959 and LG Fridge for 849, with freebies for LG Red Hot sales... but both freebies is microwave, with my existing microwave (still in good condition), i will have 3 microwaves in my home... :dunno:

Hi EvolutionX,

Have u got ur free microwave frm the LG yet? Coz if u do, can let me knw what is the microwave height u get?

I purchased the same type of fridge but havent got the item yet,but my ID wants to knw the height for our tall cabinet measurement.

Thanks.

Hi EvolutionX,

Have u got ur free microwave frm the LG yet? Coz if u do, can let me knw what is the microwave height u get?

I purchased the same type of fridge but havent got the item yet,but my ID wants to knw the height for our tall cabinet measurement.

Thanks.

Not yet. Will collect end of this month after my delivery.