Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
galapogos

Tiles/laminate/herf Flooring

Hi,

Going to get my 5room BTO keys soon, and I didn't opt for the HDB flooring. I'm interested in both tiles (for the kitchen) and engineered wood/laminate/HERF flooring (for the bedroom). Went to Evorich yesterday and they quoted me $6.95psf for walk in price of HERF, but from some threads here, they seem to be offering it for less.

I'm interested in HERF because it's supposedly water resistant compared to laminate, and only marginally more expensive. However, I've also read that they may not be scratch resistant, and may be toxic due to their plastic content? Are there any definitive resources for these information? Other than Evorich, what other companies are comparable in quality and price? (preferably lower priced of course). Also, can any contractor install these flooring, or must they go through Evorich/etc?

I've also read about engineered wood, and it seems better in quality and safety than laminate/HERF. What are the prices of these, and any good/affordable companies locally?

Lastly, how much do tiles go for, and any recommendations for companies?

Thanks!

Edited by galapogos

• Like 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

We signed up for Evorich pkg during their anniversary at S$6.50 psf including GST. Comes with lifetime warranty. Has paid S$500 for the deposit. We have decided to use homogenous tiles instead as this is preferred by my in-laws as we are staying together. Willing to let go at S$450.

Interested parties, please pm or email me at dafenni19@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Hi! Was looking for discussion on flooring after visiting the expo show. I noticed a lot of people here raising the issue of harmful emissions from vinyl flooring. the Evorich sales person told us that their HERF flooring has passed overseas tests (the product itself is from america, Allure brand), and locally, the govt also approved for it to be installed in the PCF Childcare centres... which means it's also approved locally. the salesguy also did a lot of other sample tests, and i think he was quite honest in his presentation. he tried scratching the floor and showed us that it's not scratch proof if you take a very sharp piece of glass and use force and purposely scratch.. but otherwise, normal things like dragging your chair and all, it really remain scratch free. he also lighted fire using zippo and ask us to touch the flooring after that, it didn't feel very hot even though u think vinyl is plastic will melt.. he said because of the ceramic - dunno what, i forgot, coating. anyway all in all, it was very convincing, even though we didn't buy it because it was our first experience at anything related to flooring.

does anyone else have anything to share?