Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Both EC and EM (central area bishan AMK etc) can have for 800k.

Who will buy HDB EM for that kind of money with limited future increase in price (old flat somemore) where they can have EC with good up price when they reach 10 years?

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Both EC and EM (central area bishan AMK etc) can have for 800k.

Who will buy HDB EM for that kind of money with limited future increase in price (old flat somemore) where they can have EC with good up price when they reach 10 years?

Your point being? You are not even comparing the same floor area and I'm VERY sure you cannot get them at the same price. Cos I know that an EC in a remote housing estate costs about the same as my EM in a central area, with a much smaller floor area of course. An AMK or Bishan EC costs way more.

People will continue to buy EMs and EAs for the same reason that they always have - more space for their $. Whether it's because of 3 gen living or just to enjoy the space, different families will always have different priorities and needs.

• Like 1

If I rephase the question that if:

For purely long term investment purpose, would EC be a better choice over EM?

Edited by gemini

There is way for EC to being better than a EM.The EC scheme ,to me , is just wayang.The current HDB minister , the lunatic KBW last year mentioned that now couples prefer EC to EM ,when being queried in Parliament over whether HDB reconsider building EM or not. Talking about floor size, the EC is not a match for the EM.Talking about facilities, you just can't compare the two.How often you used the facilities??

I prefer EM but there are other more important factors. Location is my top priority, so I will never consider a EM in Bukit Panjang, Bukit Gombak, Jurong West, Geylang etc.

It also depends on a family need. EM may not be suitable for elderly and children. My friend's grandma fell from stairs to death the first day they moved in so they quickly sold the house. That was in the past when there was no MOP ruling.

Edited by gemini