Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rain

My 2 Shrines

Had tried to paste the pics here but to no avail after trying for an hour. Hope that the forum can be made more user-friendly for technophobics like me.

I have engaged Dorothy from In-Lookz Home. The quote comes up to close to $12k without the mirrors and vanity cabinets. I will be getting my carpentry separately as Dorothy's is $400 more expensive with less items.

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_2790_9_61478.jpg

The look of my masterbedroom bathroom in the hacking process.

There is something that troubles me:

Today is the tiling day, but Dorothy says that she would not be tiling the parts covered by the boxed up pipes as she would be doing double-tiling.

Can someone enlighten me if this is true?

I wonder how my bathroom would look if one day, I have to remove the box-ups.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

gallery_2790_9_61478.jpg

You got to click the 'Image' button and insert the URL of your image in order for it to show up.

I don't think it's mandatory to tile the wall behind boxed areas. She is reducing the work scope in order to meet your budget probably.

However, if there is a possibility to remove the boxed areas at some point, then should just tile it.

Reason being is that it may be difficult to find the identical tile to match. Although the shop may still carry the same item, the colour shade may be different so it does not look entirely identical to the rest of the tiles.

The other reason is that if you tile later, it will end up creating a new mess from laying tiles.

Edited by greglhc

Thanks! I'll try what you said next time. Thanks for clarifying. I spoke to her today and insisted that she tiled them up. She explained that she assumed that I wouldn't need the covered parts tiled, but I have always assumed that when you do tiling, you tile every single part of the wall first even if you know you are going to build a cabinet at one side of the wall.

It was a little unpleasant at first, but in the end she agreed to tile up the parts that would be covered without extra charges.