Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tigaroo

My 2nd Humble Home.... Refurbishment of 4NG AMK

It's an 4 NG Ang Mo Kio flat..... the MUG program was done 10 years agao... the utility room was added and they did the toilet using their tiles ... I feel like upgrading the toilet to modern look with heaters and redo my kitchen.

how much would it cost to remove the entrance wall at the toilet?

also Have problem with the toilet.... how to create a shower room within the toliet?

HDB-1976-1988-4NG-stairs-91sqm.png

Edited by Tigaroo

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Tigaroo,

Based on my readings on others T-blog, it is difficult to create a shower room with the basin inside. Most of them apply to shift the basin out of the wet area to outside using hdb dry area ruling. But this will eat into the kitchen/MBR space.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesBuilding?OpenDocument#Bathroom

"Maximum width and area of extension

• Must not be more than 600 mm and 0.6 m2 respectively and
  • Can only be used as a "dry area"
  • For example, for installation of wash basin or shelves
  • The existing gas riser and it’s branch pipe must not become enclosed in the extended bathroom/toilet"

Hi Tigaroo,

Based on my readings on others T-blog, it is difficult to create a shower room with the basin inside. Most of them apply to shift the basin out of the wet area to outside using hdb dry area ruling. But this will eat into the kitchen/MBR space.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesBuilding?OpenDocument#Bathroom

"Maximum width and area of extension

• Must not be more than 600 mm and 0.6 m2 respectively and
  • Can only be used as a "dry area"
  • For example, for installation of wash basin or shelves
  • The existing gas riser and it’s branch pipe must not become enclosed in the extended bathroom/toilet"

Thanks.... agree it will eat into already tiny MBR..... if move out the dry area w basin. The other problem meaning might need to hack the wall to relocate the door... headache.

Currently I dont have Air con.....

Have any brother and sister here install a split 4 unit inverter aircon in a 4 NG flat?? how did you run the pipings>?

Edited by Tigaroo

after divorce for so long... after the paper works, after the transfer of ownership to me.

ex got her new house....

1 1/2 year has pass..... and yet i Still haven't start.... everything still on drawing board.

guess now is the last few laps.... logistic issue... waiting for ex to really move out her stuff- waited over 1 1/2 year

also I am staying w my kids .... thinking of packing all our existing thing is really a nightmare..... stuff over 15 years of staying here....

stay tune. will update more

On 12/01/2016 at 0:11 PM, dien said:

any updates so far bro?

almost finishing packing....

will start the reno work soon

did some sketch on what i wanted on the kitchen.

F43D9823-5C9D-45E3-9310-48210F96B5BF.jpg

cos my kitchen is old 4 NG type- long rectangle.... so gonna divide it to wet kitchen and dinning area.

also think to put a glass sliding door between the hall and dinning or should do door between dinning and kitchen??

HDB-1976-1988-4NG-stairs-91sqm.png