Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Tigaroo

My 2nd Humble Home.... Refurbishment of 4NG AMK

Next week will be layout of aircon piping and casing, have to get all this piping casing up first in order for me to conceal.

Have selected Mitsubishi Inverter System 4

MXY4A28, GE24VA x 1 living room, GE10VA x 3 bedroom

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-25%20at%2012.16.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
7 hours ago, xhomesweethomex said:

wow, i am liking your sketches! :D

camping to see more reno updates and excited to see how it turns out.

And you have a very long kitchen! :wub::wub:

Thanks.... ha ha ha. tot my sketch are too raw and hard to understand.

Long Kitchen---- Thats a Plus for old flat...  nice square livving room and a long kitchen.

I am spiting to 2/3 for kitchen and 1/3 for dinning  area- this 1/3 I will have it raise platform to the same level as the living room.

another sketch idea for master bath room.

again... old flat restricted by the piping, wall and toilet location. relocate the basin to corner.

freeup the space from original full basin for shower area.

A9FC3EAE-DD23-40E8-90B5-F9055C538A55.jpg

7561546C-2B25-4EB0-90E9-255D67E8FC4A.jpg

Seriously if I am you, I will scrap the idea of a shower screen partition.

Both WC max 1.8 x 1.65 and 1.8 x 1.4, simply too small to house a sink, toilet bowl and shower area. With the partition, will only minimise the area further, also need to consider the drain hole location. If partitioned, how will the water flow then?

Sink is more important daily usage, with access area for toothbrushes, combs and etc. Better plan for space for these. Hack into kitchen and MBR is not feasible, additional cost and also one don’t spend hours in washroom. I guess the can make do with the limited space.

On 25/05/2016 at 11:21 PM, OceanEleven said:

Seriously if I am you, I will scrap the idea of a shower screen partition.

Both WC max 1.8 x 1.65 and 1.8 x 1.4, simply too small to house a sink, toilet bowl and shower area. With the partition, will only minimise the area further, also need to consider the drain hole location. If partitioned, how will the water flow then?

Sink is more important daily usage, with access area for toothbrushes, combs and etc. Better plan for space for these. Hack into kitchen and MBR is not feasible, additional cost and also one don’t spend hours in washroom. I guess the can make do with the limited space.

No choice... I have been putting up with current state for last 16 years... sick and tired of wet toilet floor and seat.. :~even have the shower curtain is also useless... the floor over at toilet still gets wet... and the whole toilet bowl  get wet from splash.... and will have those mold.... very hard to maintain,:unsure:

the water trap is at the shower area.... as the the toilet side... only will be wet if i do washing.... the will be a outlet flow out  at the corner of the curb... worst case hack a mini floor trap ar toliet area and connect the the main water trap.

yes I do have basin sink..... master bath just a corner basin since i am only one using. and common bath has a full basin sink.

so long as I am hacking the whole toilet I can relay the piping again...

keeping my finger cross....

Ok, understand the misery of the wet toilet seat and floor area.

Do note that for screen, silicone will be used and they will be backened over time due to constant moisture. Partition the area will also make certain areas difficult to access for cleaning. 

1 hour ago, OceanEleven said:

Ok, understand the misery of the wet toilet seat and floor area.

Do note that for screen, silicone will be used and they will be backened over time due to constant moisture. Partition the area will also make certain areas difficult to access for cleaning. 

Thanks O11 for the tip..... ha ha ha ha:Di think it will be better than now....  guess might use a grey or black silicon to match the floor tile and walk.

finally my first draft of the floor plan.... base on my sketches.

HALL... lucky to have a huge hall...  On one side is the sofa and TV area... as for the void at center... THat will be my Mahjong area:P

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-01%20at%2011.44.

MASTER BEDROOM

Split by have the wardrobe closer to the bathroom... to look like walk in wardrobe.

and have the bed frame and bed head board all custom made .. in order to conceal the air con casing

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-01%20at%2011.43.

KIDs BEDROOM

same  as the master bedroom...  have the custom bed frame matching with the wardrobe for my 2 teenage boys.

KITCHEN & DINNING

i Have a Looooong kitchen to divide to the wet kitchen and the dry side.... the dry side will be elevated to match the same floor level as the hall.

Edited by Tigaroo

First hack for this reno..... for the Air con trunking...

master bedroom to kids bedroom

695790EF-754B-43AA-8F5E-A699AEE5E054.jpg

master bedroom to the hall

189292F4-304F-4031-A02F-5FB80EF7618D_1.j

Hall to master bed room

9F4CC956-ED91-4593-A6DB-E5266BDB6114_1.j

Edited by Tigaroo

On 4 June 2016 at 10:23 AM, pankponk said:

Hi Tigaroo, 

Can share roughly how much you buy for kings living sofa ? I like their design and idea for the sofa 

Cos I got it during their sale period... So able to get 50% off their retail price...  Really a good bargain.