Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mysapporo

Questions On Hdb False Ceiling

Hi all,

The flat that I am interested to buy has false ceiling installed.

1) Is there any way to install ceiling fans?

2) If I want to change the electrical wiring for the entire flat, is it possible without hacking the false ceiling?

3) If the above fails, I have no choice but to hack the false ceiling. Any idea how much it costs to hack the false ceiling of a 4A resale flat (104sqm)?

TIA!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

1) I don't think can install. Need ask contractor to assess stability of current false ceiling. Probably need to strengthen it

2) if electrical wires are well hidden in the false ceiling, u probably have to remove them

3) from my parents' place experience, cost 600 to remove false ceiling in living room. If u got false ceiling in rooms as well, probably more. But shouldn't exceed 800/1000.

Just my 2 cents

hi,

The install the ceiling fan, you will need to put reinforcement in the false ceiling where you want to put the ceiling fan.

To change the whole house wiring without hacking the false ceiling, your con/id will need to access with a cut out hole to see if it will be possible. Cutting of a hole in the false ceiling is about 5-10mins simple job. if the wiring inside is too complex, you will then need to take down the false ceiling for rewiring. If it can be done, con/id will then patch back.

Do compare the prices of with and without removing of false ceiling as well. some will charge exorbitant prices for just cutting and patching of the holes.

I agree with colloncream which shouldnt exceed 800 for the whole house.

Hope these helps