Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MiFTes

Hdb Hacking Approval

Hi all,

Just wondering, how long does it takes for HDB to give the approval on hacking of walls? I intend to hack the walls of my storeroom and rebuild another wall. My ID has applied since mid of june but still have not recieve any approval. Although we got the approval for hacking and retiling works on the day of application itsellf.

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

usually it takes about 1 week or so. call the hdb officer and rush them. They don’t entertain ID but they listen to home owners.

Sometimes there are delays if the officer require more information or need ID to amend the drawings or measurement.

no worries la bro, even if the hacking date is missed, your contractor will be able to extend the dates.

anyway, for your info, the erection of new wall HDB needs propered dimension drawings. if without it, they will reject. make sure ur id/contractor do all this

Called HDB this morning, and the HDB officer was quite nice. Did a check and called me back. Told me that the application has not reached him, but the HQ structural department have recieved it, and i should be getting my approval within the week.

To my pleasant surprise though, shortly after i recieved the call from him, the application was approved! Not sure if it's by chance or somehow due to the phone call? haha but either way, it's still a good thing! :)

yeah! and it does make a difference i guess between owner calling and the contractor. Coz the first question the officer ask me was " are you the owner or the contractor!"

hahaha. for sure they will ask the question. next time you should try telling them you are the contractor and you will be amazed by the kind of tone you will be receiving from them!