Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Puggy

Our Scandinavian Home

Well for us, we thought purpose of a wall was to keep water from splashing primarily. So needed to be at least shoulder height if not higher. That cuts light and makes the visual space much smaller.

Also, the floor trap for our bathroom was just after the toilet and so it would be awkward to fit the wall there. Either too close to WC and you won't be able to sit comfortably. Or if we built the wall after the floortrap and ducted the water out, it would still be too close to the other wall and make showering diffcult.

The width of the bricks just took up too much space in our limited toilet.

Hope that you can do it though! its kinda old school and looks really interesting

Oh I see, thanks Dwinsplace! If it doesn't work for you, high chance that it wouldn't work for me either. I'll assess again when I get my keys and have taken a look at the bathrooms. Btw I love your 3D images! A lot of unique things never seen before, can't wait to see the finished product! :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally gotten my key collection date, which is next week and I can't wait to start the reno process! Although I do feel slightly intimidated by it as well.

Good luck! I am scared myself as well cos I am not sure how the house will turn out from the choice of tile and laminate that I have chosen!

Good luck! I am scared myself as well cos I am not sure how the house will turn out from the choice of tile and laminate that I have chosen!

All the best in your reno bianzi! I'm sure everything will turn out alright in the end. :good:

Hi Puggy,

I'm new to this place and chance upon ur t-blog. I love ur ideas and they are similar to what I have in mind for my house. I just gotten my keys to my 4rm resale and is looking for ID/contractor. Would u recommend urs?

Pls pm me mr Foo's contact and good luck for ur place! :)

Ordered some home accessories from taobao and received it this week. I used trading1. Next time shall try ordering myself and using Amcon.

Anyway, the stuff I ordered pretty much was ok, except for two foot pedal bins that I wanted to place in the bathrooms.

One was badly dented. The other's lid was not properly aligned and the bin would wobble when I stepped on the foot pedal. I am pretty sure that the dent was not due to shipping because there was no dent in the box at all.

photo5.jpg

taobaobins.jpg

Anyway this is the seller I bought it from. I got the 3L one http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=4008344222

Crown seller some more. Sigh.

Hi Puggy,

I'm new to this place and chance upon ur t-blog. I love ur ideas and they are similar to what I have in mind for my house. I just gotten my keys to my 4rm resale and is looking for ID/contractor. Would u recommend urs?

Pls pm me mr Foo's contact and good luck for ur place! :)

PMed!

So...have collected the keys to my new place. Nothing much has happened since then since still need to wait 1 month for cement screeding and for hacking of the walls. I expected a BTO to be small, but the master bedroom was really much smaller than expected. Luckily I had intended to hack the adjoining wall to the common bedroom to make it bigger.

Will be meeting Mr Foo with the aircon person soon to go through the laying of the aircon. And doing tile selection after. Not much to select anyway since I will only be overlaying the bathrooms and subway tiles for the kitchen.

Placed some orders from Taobao, this time using Amcon direct. A bit nerve-wrecking at first, but thanks to OceanEleven's guide, managed to muddle my way through and now I'm getting the hang of it! :good:

1. Sellena sink

2. Kitchen tap

3. A variety of hangers: here, here and here

4. First aid box

5. Eames lounge chair

6. Track light tracks and bulbs (thanks to Nickguthe who helped a lot with determining whether to use warm or bright white lights)

7. A variety of lights from July tmall shop

By the way, does anybody know if the lights come with bulbs? Like those pendant lamps etc, does it come with a bulb or we have to buy ourselves separately?

In addition, I am thinking of getting these to replace the HDB sinks. Any advice from people who have bought sinks from taobao before? Anything I should look out for?

For master bathroom:

toiletsink.jpg

For common bathroom

toiletsink2.jpg

After informing the Krono guy that I had collected my keys, he informed me that they had some new colors to choose from. And so I traveled all the way from west to east to take a look at the new colors and choose my final flooring. The two planks below are two of their new colors. Very similar to the white and gray that I had posted previously, but the gray looks more distressed, hence have decided on the gray.

photo6.jpg

Yup lights from taobao all come with bulbs but those are not energy saving so best you buy some Philips light bulbs too :)

Yup lights from taobao all come with bulbs but those are not energy saving so best you buy some Philips light bulbs too :)

Oh ok I see, thanks LHWH!

• Like 1

Went to pick out tiles yesterday with Mr Foo. Pretty quick process because I'm only doing the bathroom and the kitchen and I already knew what tiles I wanted.

For bathroom, on one wall with a black border and the rest of the walls cement screed.

bathroomtiles.jpg

For the kitchen, half height subway tiled backsplash, the top of the wall will be cement screed

kitchentiles.jpg

After measuring my bathroom sink area, I realized that the sink that I wanted to get would be too big, hence had to rethink the vanity area. After much thought, finally decided on re-creating this vanity solution with a similar sink from taobao and the Ikea grundtal trolley. The dimensions should be just nice to fit the Ikea grundtal trolley in the corner of the bathroom to house all those extra toilet paper and toothbrushes etc.

masterbathroom.jpg

Right now, waiting for my hacking permit to be approved. It's been a week already! :dunno:

• Like 1

Some stuff that I ordered from taobao through agent and have received. Now I'm ordering directly myself and using Amcon. So far have ordered close to 3k worth!

photo1-2.jpg

Flip clock

photo2-2.jpg

Bodum glasses

photo3.jpg

Dulton dustpan, thought the color would be whiter instead of cream :dunno:

photo4-1.jpg

My favorite purchase so far...this faux deer head. I was eyeing some on Etsy previously because didn't see in taobao, then lo and behold, the lighting shops started carrying this!

Some stuff that I ordered from taobao through agent and have received. Now I'm ordering directly myself and using Amcon. So far have ordered close to 3k worth!

photo1-2.jpg

Flip clock

Any issue with the clock flipping ?

Mine got a little issue of date card stuck sometimes.

Hi Song, I haven't tried with battery yet but when I received the clock and was flipping manually, yes the date card was a bit stuck. I was scared if I flipped it too hard something might break but after fiddling for a while, the gear became smooth. But it's now packed away so maybe the next time I take it out, it might get stuck again. :dunno: