Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Puggy

Our Scandinavian Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Has the lounge chair arrived?

Which shipper you use & mind sharing what's the shipping charge (estimate)?

Any review of this chair? Many thanks in advance.

Hi Khng, Yes the lounge chair has arrived! I used amcon, total 3cbm about $580.

I can't review it now because can't open the package yet. Will do so when my reno is done (hopefully by end Sep)!

Cement support halfway done

photo3-5.jpg

My Sellena sink! A bit stained though because they used it to cast the concrete structure

photo-1.jpg

Painted my main door white

photo3-6.jpg

Ordered my dining table from taobao. Initially wanted to get one from Ikea but decided it didn't quite go with the overall look.

Fingers crossed that this will turn out fine.

photo2-7.jpg

Also ordered a mirror

TB2jEPUXVXXXXbAXXXXXXXXXXXX_1039470997.j

Are you going to overlay your kitchen floor? I wanted to hack the kitchen walls but was told the current flooring will destroy the whole look after hacking..

Hi eggzzorcist, nope gonna keep the existing kitchen floor. Initially intended to use Krono over that but decided not in in the end for maintenance purposes. For new flats, overlaying is cheaper than hacking.

Do you mean u want an open concept kitchen that's why you're hacking the kitchen walls and your ID said the current kitchen floor will destroy the look because the flooring is different? If that's the case, I've seen people who do open concept but they do demarcate the areas by having different wall and/or floor treatment. For me I am installing a glass sliding door to segregate the kitchen and living room.

The L shape walls I am intending to hack is not exactly straight. Wanted to hack those walls and build a sliding partition to separate living/dining and kitchen area. The flooring problem was only brought up when I meet up contractors for discussion :/ One of them suggested hacking the kitchen/service yard flooring but wasn't too comfortable with that idea. I think I will go for overlaying or just leave the flooring as it is. BTW, love your white door ;) The one HDB gave is terrible....

The L shape walls I am intending to hack is not exactly straight. Wanted to hack those walls and build a sliding partition to separate living/dining and kitchen area. The flooring problem was only brought up when I meet up contractors for discussion :/ One of them suggested hacking the kitchen/service yard flooring but wasn't too comfortable with that idea. I think I will go for overlaying or just leave the flooring as it is. BTW, love your white door ;) The one HDB gave is terrible....

I think overlaying is probably a better option. Yep! Totally doesn't suit for Scandi theme. Then if paint the door need to change the gate too. I think I know you! Your nick very familiar :D

• Like 1

I think overlaying is probably a better option. Yep! Totally doesn't suit for Scandi theme. Then if paint the door need to change the gate too. I think I know you! Your nick very familiar :D

Oh!! No wonder! was thinking where i've seen that door before :P

Cement sink support almost done

photo1-6.jpg

Krono people came down today to install the floor. What a semi disaster. I contracted them separately because I managed to get a better rate at expo show. Didn't realize that Mr Foo had a person he liaises with at Krono so my POC was a different one. I scheduled for the installation on Thursday but Mr Foo wanted to shift the date because there were still some cement works to be done. Krono POC said if shift have to charge extra so never mind, go ahead with Thursday. Because I had my taobao packages there as well, he said his guy will charge for shifting of the packages.

Next, he was told to start the installation from the bedroom first, but he started from living room because apparently the bedroom floor was dirty. Don't understand why he couldn't have just cleaned it up but he will need to clean it up anyway tomorrow!

Never mind, when my husband whatsapped me the pictures because I couldn't be there, the flooring was laid in the wrong direction. I wanted horizontal, not vertical. Husband said it looked ok to him, so never mind, dont want to ask them to change although its their fault because I dont want to delay.

To top it off, my MIL told me to buy plastic sheet to cover the floor. Which apparently is the wrong type of protective layer. :bow:

Fortunately Mr Foo said he will bring the right one for me...I am very scared to go there tomorrow afternoon.

photo4-6.jpg

photo5-5.jpg

Specially topped up for the cement screed height so I don't have to use those trimmings at the door areas

At front door entrance

photo2-11.jpg

Kitchen entrance

photo1-9.jpg

Fingers crossed that my lights can be up next week! Dying to see how the lights I got from taobao look like