Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hy7auction

Hdb Bathroom Renovation For Bathtub

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie here, and hope to ask a question to the renovation veterans on this forum. I am thinking of buying an HDB, and plan to do the renovation as indicated in the figure below. What is my chance of getting HDB to approve this renovation plan?

I need to know my chance before buying this flat -- if the chance is too low, I might give up on this flat -- since I really want to have a 1.7m long bathtub.

I really appreciate your expert opinions on this. Thanks!!!:)

Alan.

renovate2_zps5fb01c88.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It should not be an issue as u are dealing with hollow blocks.

However, I highly doubt any contractor has the ability to install a tub in the tight spot where your WC obstructing.

Why not put the tub in the bedroom?

Thanks a lot for your reply, GMC. The WC does have enough space to fit the bathtub. Are you referring to the difficulty of getting the bath tub *into* the WC via the samll door?

HDB does not allow bathtubs to be put in the bedroom (otherwise my life would be a lot easier :)).

Thanks a lot for your reply, GMC. The WC does have enough space to fit the bathtub. Are you referring to the difficulty of getting the bath tub *into* the WC via the samll door?

HDB does not allow bathtubs to be put in the bedroom (otherwise my life would be a lot easier :)).

HDB only allow steel or fibreglass tubs if I'm not wrong.

A tub's width is about 700-800mm, plus the hollow blocks support, your width might end up to be 850mm.

So I am not sure how are you going to hop onto the WC. :)

Maybe u can merge 2 bathrooms into 1.?

Thanks for reminding me about the width. I was thinking about getting a 700mm-wide tub (e.g., http://www.hydro-style.com.sg/product/roca-continental-cast-iron-bathtub%28212911001%29). I have1000mm space from the edge of my toilet to the wall, so that will leave 300mm of space for my legs when I sit on the toilet. I am hoping my legs will not protrude by more than 300mm beyond the edge of the toilet :).

Of course, I have not yet taken into account the "hollow blocks support" that you mentioned. I am not familiar with that part: Is it possible that the "hollow blocks support" is also 700mm for a 700mm-wide tub, so that it does not take extra space (even 50mm makes a difference to me now :))?

Another option I am thinking about is to rotate the toilet counter-clockwise by 90 degrees. That might make some extra space...

I am hoping to retain the two bathrooms, so that different occupants can use the bathrooms at the same time.

keep in mind that we humans are 3D, not paper dolls.

u need at least 2 feet space from the edge of the WC to the tub for clearance.

Try sitting on a toilet bowl and measure, u will get what I mean.

Another way is that you rotate your WC facing the "new door opening" direction, but subject to your WC offset.

Frankly, I have a tub and I hardly use it. Take a look at my bathroom, you will be able to gauge the feasibility of your intent. My floor tiles are 2'x1' in size.

1538o3p.jpg

2hdd6oh.jpg

r74238.jpg

vwsl0o.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing your experience (and especially your photos!).

I get what you mean now. I think I'll rotate my toilet by 90 degree so that it faces the new door, as you suggested. Hopefully this will finally get everything work.

(BTW, I love your bathroom -- hope someday I'll have one like that :)).

Hi GMC,

That is a pretty bathroom you have..

Do you mind sharing the dimension of your bathroom? What is the length of your bathtub and shower area?

I am keen to have both shower and bathtub as well, but not sure if can fit. My bathroom size is 2.4mtr x 2mtr.

Thank you

keep in mind that we humans are 3D, not paper dolls.

u need at least 2 feet space from the edge of the WC to the tub for clearance.

Try sitting on a toilet bowl and measure, u will get what I mean.

Another way is that you rotate your WC facing the "new door opening" direction, but subject to your WC offset.

Frankly, I have a tub and I hardly use it. Take a look at my bathroom, you will be able to gauge the feasibility of your intent. My floor tiles are 2'x1' in size.

1538o3p.jpg

2hdd6oh.jpg

r74238.jpg

vwsl0o.jpg

On 20/11/2015 at 9:49 PM, marlin87 said:

Hi GMC,

That is a pretty bathroom you have..

Do you mind sharing the dimension of your bathroom? What is the length of your bathtub and shower area?

I am keen to have both shower and bathtub as well, but not sure if can fit. My bathroom size is 2.4mtr x 2mtr.

Thank you

hi,  can i know what is the size of your bathtub? Tying to look for a small size bathtub too. And the dimension of your whole bathroom? thx