Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sng28

Horrible New Condo Manager...what Can I Do?

Hi,

My condo has recently changed the managing agent to Steadlink Asset Mgt and to my horror my first conversation with new condo manager was so bad over the phone. He actually says I'm rude and arrogant. He is so defensive about everything i said and take upon everything personally. I say asking me to change my car address ( currently under my dad's name and address) to this condo just because of transponder is riduculous and stupid. He replied me saying he is not stupid...OMG since when i say he is stupid!?!?! When i told him IC shows another address cause this isnt the only property we've got...he took it personally and told me he also own a few properties. What the **** is this.

Is there anyway i can do somethin about it. Apparently I've tried calling Steadlink Assest Mgt and the Executive Director Derek Lit isnt too keen to pick up my call to hear feedback about his staff.

This is completely annoying!! I couldnt understand why on earth the council changed the management and THIS IS THE QUALITY I GET!

Is there anything i can do? argh.. this is so frustrating!!

Edited by sng28

• Like 2

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

this is nothing new.

A lot of condo management matches the car regn details with owner/occupier information.

It could be your condo council members gave him the directions to housekeep the car transponder database.

You have empowered your council to engage the MA during the AGM, nothing you can do.

So now you learn that there is actually nothing great staying in a condo when u pay maintenance fees and yet got to be under Council/MA mercy.

I've met more nasty ones during my condo days.

indeed some condo mgrs do have multiple properties..

so mind sharing which condo is that?

Hi GMC,

i understand house rules but we got to be flexible at times like these. Can't blame if the dad bought a car for his kids and the car is registered under his name? i told them i can provide as much supporting documents that they need (to the extend i show other cars ownership details to prove that all cars are registered under father's name) he bluntly told me the only solution is to have the car ownership revised to her name which i told him its ridiculous and stupid. That's when he took it personally and start telling me he is not stupid and he owns serveral properties too. I even have to tell him not to take it personally as i did not imply he is stupid and which part of my conversation sounds like i'm keen to know what he owns? He can own the entire land and it doesnt bother me.

He even police me by saying " under ICA ruling when a resident moves to new location , ic must be updated within 28 days blah blah blah " . On what ground does he have to do that? I need not explain anything to him and on what basis does he have to make such comment...He make it sound like he is my boss , paying me a salary and like some governor ruling the place which totally fumes me up. I cant never accept such poor attitude honestly..not even if you are indeed my boss.

I'm disgusted that this is happening and i never once bother with what my mgt coucil requests..be it increasing fees or paint the condo or anything that wanted to do it it but this change of managing agent (hence new condo manager) is a prick and i'm seriously doubting them. The manager is ruling the condo like some People Association and its his way and he gives a verdict and that's it. When i asked him to provide another form of contact he flatly refuses and says email to me i will forward to respective person. Thats' it again.

The entire conversation is ThIs is it that's it. OMG i feel like some parliament guy is ruling my place! Shoving crap down my throat at my very own place. It makes no different staying at condo or HDB and in fact i think this condo manager makes it worse than staying at HDB. I rather go talk to MP whom at least wont dare says i'm rude or arrogant just becuase he is petty and personal.

My next question is since MC is empowered by me. Can i dethrone them of such powers?

Lastly to resolve your curiousity, this is EDELWEISS PARK and it sucks . :angry:

this is nothing new.

A lot of condo management matches the car regn details with owner/occupier information.

It could be your condo council members gave him the directions to housekeep the car transponder database.

You have empowered your council to engage the MA during the AGM, nothing you can do.

So now you learn that there is actually nothing great staying in a condo when u pay maintenance fees and yet got to be under Council/MA mercy.

I've met more nasty ones during my condo days.

indeed some condo mgrs do have multiple properties..

so mind sharing which condo is that?

Talk to ur Chairman.

Just tell the condo mgr that SPs pool in to hire MA to take care of the common area, so don't be rude.

I believe your estate should have a unit:parking lot ratio 1:1?? So why can u park there since the unit it not lease out.?

Be a council member, but be prepared to sacrifice ur time.

Hi GMC,

this is for 2nd lot but as car ownership is not under owner's name, there is a dispute...it's a registered under father's name and is a gift. If this is registered under her name, it would have been approved but i would think the dad wouldnt have thought so far when he bought this ride for her.

She used to own one but it crashed so badly (think it's one one of those total loss situation) insurance is a big issue for subsequent cars in her name....i managed to speak to the direct manager of this condo manager (a director of Steadlink) and he advised me to write a requisition form for this special resolution. Would you know how such resolution should be written?

Talk to ur Chairman.

Just tell the condo mgr that SPs pool in to hire MA to take care of the common area, so don't be rude.

I believe your estate should have a unit:parking lot ratio 1:1?? So why can u park there since the unit it not lease out.?

Be a council member, but be prepared to sacrifice ur time.

Frankly speaking, most MA only issue residents' parking lot to car ownership that matches the SP's name, irregardless of address on the IC.

For your case, 2nd Lot + Car ownership <> SP. :no:

The council can throw out your request, to make it sound more convincing, have the car's insurance showing "her" as the other named driver instead of "any driver under owners knowledge"

hope this helps.

Hi,

My condo has recently changed the managing agent to Steadlink Asset Mgt and to my horror my first conversation with new condo manager was so bad over the phone. He actually says I'm rude and arrogant. He is so defensive about everything i said and take upon everything personally. I say asking me to change my car address ( currently under my dad's name and address) to this condo just because of transponder is riduculous and stupid. He replied me saying he is not stupid...OMG since when i say he is stupid!?!?! When i told him IC shows another address cause this isnt the only property we've got...he took it personally and told me he also own a few properties. What the **** is this.

Is there anyway i can do somethin about it. Apparently I've tried calling Steadlink Assest Mgt and the Executive Director Derek Lit isnt too keen to pick up my call to hear feedback about his staff.

This is completely annoying!! I couldnt understand why on earth the council changed the management and THIS IS THE QUALITY I GET!

Is there anything i can do? argh.. this is so frustrating!!

The first thing you should fo is attend the next MC meeting if you are a SP.

Lodge a complaint to the council about your grouses which is minuted.

Get a commitment from the MC that they will investigate into your grouses and come back with an answer or solution under 'matters arising' in the next meeting.If you have enough support, you can raise a EOGM and kick the MA and CM out. If all else fails, report to the relevant government agency.