Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Raydon

Our Reno Journey

let's hope he can make it as close as original...

Your contractor will most likely to plaster and patch it up with paint. Best is to re-laminate with the colour to match your living room.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Lousy window panel by HDB

this is a common problem for my BTO. the powder coating will come off if we using masking tape on it (when they paint)

fk19bn.jpg

I dont think this is powder coat. Powder coating is even and smooth, kinda like spray paint.

Powder coat is can be scratched but never hear that it can be remove by masking tape.

My City Gas heater also up

f3dzdy.jpg

vry8h4.jpg

i also want to use this model, but exactly which model is suitable or better or what are the difference I'm also not very sure, still thinking which to install for my place.

My window grills problem

I did not take my service yard windows & grills from my contractor cause i found this company that offer me much cheaper price.

so, I fixed the appointment to install my window grills on 27/6 few weeks back.

Few days before the installation date, I called up the company to ensure they do not forget and also ask for the exact timing (we only fixed the date).

They told me they will only let me know 1 day before appointment. That's ok.

So the day before, I waited but there is no call from them. So i called them up and guess what, they cannot come on 24/6.

Cause the windows are not ready, they can only come on the following Monday 30/6.

My contractor has already planned to lay the flooring on Monday, so they have to come either on 27/6 or 28/6.

After much ding-dong here and there, they agreed to come on the Saturday 28/6 9am-12pm.

On that Saturday, i waited till 1230pm but nobody came. Called their office but nobody is working on Sat.

Was so angry and I left.

When I reached home, I remembered that i have the Hp number of the sales person. So I called him up and after some checking, he told me that the installation team actually reach there about 1245 (luckily there was 1 worker there) and they already installed the windows & grills.

So in the evening i head back to check if the installation is ok.

Everything seems ok except that they did not install the windows (cause measurement wrong) and install grills at my air-con ledge window which i don't need.

Living room

2im7qz4.jpg

Room 1

28wi1e8.jpg

Room 2

f3vm78.jpg

Air-Con Ledge windows - do no need it as my wardrobe will be here

2nbsrbk.jpg

Service Yard

The windows is so clear that it looks like there's no window!

2ef82h2.jpg

Ok, the window is missing.

2q84oir.jpg

My window grills problem - Part 2

Sadly, there is part 2 to this. They told me on Sat that they will install the windows and remove the extra grill on Tuesday.

As usual, timing can only let me know on Monday. So Monday afternoon i called them up again, and guess what.. they can only make it on Wednesday.

Let's hope everything end on Wednesday

So is it really true that - cheap things (or service) no good? good things no cheap?

Or ''Cheap, good, fast'' can only choose 2?

What happen to the cheaper, better, faster?

hahaha..

Hmm, i'm also not very sure. maybe its really spray paint.

which explain the poor quality...

a few of our neighbours asked the BSC to rectify the problem and the workers created new damages on the panel when they tried to scrap off the paint.

I dont think this is powder coat. Powder coating is even and smooth, kinda like spray paint.

Powder coat is can be scratched but never hear that it can be remove by masking tape.

i also want to use this model, but exactly which model is suitable or better or what are the difference I'm also not very sure, still thinking which to install for my place.

Ya.. I think not much difference? I only remember the ferroli model has higher flow rate?

Are you installing rain shower?

My window grills problem - Part 2

Sadly, there is part 2 to this. They told me on Sat that they will install the windows and remove the extra grill on Tuesday.

As usual, timing can only let me know on Monday. So Monday afternoon i called them up again, and guess what.. they can only make it on Wednesday.

Let's hope everything end on Wednesday

So is it really true that - cheap things (or service) no good? good things no cheap?

Or ''Cheap, good, fast'' can only choose 2?

What happen to the cheaper, better, faster?

hahaha..

sometimes i think this kind of thing is heng sway

Ya.. I think not much difference? I only remember the ferroli model has higher flow rate?

Are you installing rain shower?

nope, am not installing rain shower

yeah.. should be quite expensive to do it ourselves.

Wa sorry to hear about your screeding challenge.. But i guess it saved you some money having hdb do it for you.. not cheap for contractor to do also..

ya lor.. i think i recently quite suay.. haha

if not using rain shower.. den just get the cheapest one?

sometimes i think this kind of thing is heng sway

nope, am not installing rain shower

My room doors up and painted white.

2jeocqb.jpg

Initially wanted Louvre PD door but Mrs is concern about the not so pleasant smell..

So we have this instead...

fx46d1.jpg

they installed the mirrors wrongly - supposed to be one in front and 1 at the back.

but it looks ok so we decide to just let it be.

They have laid the vinyl tiles today.

hope to be able to head over and have a look tomorrow. excited!

No other updates for now as my contractor is waiting for my TB hoots to arrive.

hopefully can get it this week. it has been a long wait.

Shall share my kitchen drawing - slight difference is that we will not be having any dish rack door and there will be handles

rmiafm.jpg

r21aag.jpg

This will be our kitchen door

2zprq74.png

Edited by Raydon

Heard this from the Citygas salesperson

Rinnai - Installation must be in the service yard, and without windows cause this unit produce more heat, requires a better ventilation. Assembled in China (Not made). But some how they are more relax abit with the Windows part, as long as the windows are opened when the heater is in use will do.

In the first place I also planned to purchase the Rinnai model, but somehow we think about our budget, lowered to get the Macro brand instead.

Btw for your HDB free screeding, do we need to activate our electricity/water before proceed?

Edited by Hannybal

Heard this from the Citygas salesperson

Rinnai - Installation must be in the service yard, and without windows cause this unit produce more heat, requires a better ventilation. Assembled in China (Not made). But some how they are more relax abit with the Windows part, as long as the windows are opened when the heater is in use will do.

In the first place I also planned to purchase the Rinnai model, but somehow we think about our budget, lowered to get the Macro brand instead.

Btw for your HDB free screeding, do we need to activate our electricity/water before proceed?

Nope, i did not activate.