Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Raydon

Our Reno Journey

Woke up early today so that i can head over to my place to have a look at the floor before work.

Not easy to wake up this early, especially when I watch world cup the night b4.

not saying that the colour is bad.. but i thought it will be a little bit darker.... the issue with no 3d drawing i guess..

Living room

1z1qx7b.jpg

Another view

f2ldh3.jpg

Passage way

20aumpy.jpg

34o32oi.jpg

Room 1

6hn7ty.jpg

Room 2

2vcummo.jpg

Edited by Raydon

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

MBR

2qjzq1j.jpg

Vinyl tiles overlapping toilet tiles

2a0lzqb.jpg

Vinyl tiles meeting Kitchen tiles

9zu6bt.jpg

Vinyl tiles out of the door...

33jpndi.jpg

and end jus before the slope

2ce6ybc.jpg

was there for only a while and did not have the chance to check for all defects.. but something caught my eye..

67v18o.jpg

there is a gap between the tiles and the skirting... i believe it is due to the uneven cement screed done by HDB..

have not inform my contractor yet.. but should i be concern?

i also need some advice.. anyone know where i can get platform kind of bed frame at a more affordable price?

and.. has anyone bought Ikea sofa before? are they lasting?

many thanks!

Edited by Raydon

Hi aspialle, it cost $950 to do up living room and passage way.

there are 2 ways to do this - cornices and wood lining.

mine used cornice.

How much u spent on the white frame for living room and passage way?

$1200 for 3 Nyatoh solid doors. What is levers? haha

I dont think it's the cheapest around. maybe get from supplier direct should be cheaper.

Thanks~!

May I know how much is ur bedroom doors + levers? Been looking for a decent price.

has anyone bought Ikea sofa before? are they lasting?

I got an Ikea Klippan sofa and it didn't last very long due to the crappy polyurethane foam which goes out of shape with frequent use. Following that, I chanced upon the Karlstad sofa at their As-Is section on an attractive discount. It was once a display set with minor defects that are barely visible anyway. So I bought it and the condition is still as pristine as when I got it 4 years ago. My conclusion is stay away from the low end Ikea sofas. Start from at least the mid range. Also if possible, go for covers that are machine washable else dry cleaning cost can be hefty.

Hi looneygas, many thanks! How do i know if the sofa i want belongs to which range? Based on the model or purely look at the price?

I got an Ikea Klippan sofa and it didn't last very long due to the crappy polyurethane foam which goes out of shape with frequent use. Following that, I chanced upon the Karlstad sofa at their As-Is section on an attractive discount. It was once a display set with minor defects that are barely visible anyway. So I bought it and the condition is still as pristine as when I got it 4 years ago. My conclusion is stay away from the low end Ikea sofas. Start from at least the mid range. Also if possible, go for covers that are machine washable else dry cleaning cost can be hefty.

I'm sure Ikea ranks their sofas based on the model but I never bothered to ask them as I wasn't looking for a showpiece sofa then, only a makeshift one. Just a blessing that my makeshift sofa has survived 2 house moves very well! Serves its purpose very well as a room sofa now.

After the ill-fated Klippan, I came up with my own ranking because I feel that the relevance of the sofa is based on comfort, material and durability. Ikea 2 seater sofas costing <400SGD are considered lower range. 400-1000SGD mid range and anything >1000SGD higher range. Note that although the price of the same model with different cushion covers material can vary a few hundreds. So there could be a model that costs <300SGD with material A but could be >300SGD using material B. I only developed for 2-seaters so you gota formulate your own categories for other sofa types.

Anyway, just have a sit on the display sofas at Ikea, feel and stretch the different material, imagine how it would feel without aircon and also look out for the cleaning method (if it's fabric).

sure! many thanks for your help!

i'll go sit around. most likely the one im looking at is lower range.. its a 3 seater for only 599..

I'm sure Ikea ranks their sofas based on the model but I never bothered to ask them as I wasn't looking for a showpiece sofa then, only a makeshift one. Just a blessing that my makeshift sofa has survived 2 house moves very well! Serves its purpose very well as a room sofa now.

After the ill-fated Klippan, I came up with my own ranking because I feel that the relevance of the sofa is based on comfort, material and durability. Ikea 2 seater sofas costing <400SGD are considered lower range. 400-1000SGD mid range and anything >1000SGD higher range. Note that although the price of the same model with different cushion covers material can vary a few hundreds. So there could be a model that costs <300SGD with material A but could be >300SGD using material B. I only developed for 2-seaters so you gota formulate your own categories for other sofa types.

Anyway, just have a sit on the display sofas at Ikea, feel and stretch the different material, imagine how it would feel without aircon and also look out for the cleaning method (if it's fabric).

in other news, finally some information on my TB hoots.. thought its lost in south china sea...

it will arrive on tuesday!! :dribble:

Edited by Raydon

yOz Raydon,

Seem like you are going for victoria style (is this wad they call? or country style?) haha~ looking forwards to your furniture =p

i dun think contractor will be so good to re-laminate your door for you. the most do touch up and use "paint" to match the existing colour? i might be wrong =D

nowadays BSC sun respray the peel off paint. instead they will install another strip to cover up the peel off part. since u have your grill to cover it up guess is okay ba

I also have problem choose the cheaper offer or contractor and end up delay and delay~ unless you are rushing to move in if not i guess time wasting but the saving on renovation we can use it to purchase for our furniture or other stuff for our home.

Gap between the laminate and the skirting, laminate contractor should help to sealant the gap (mine did that, all round the house. their sealant colour match with the laminate colour which wun look so obvious)

Edited by DarkWingZ

mine used cornice.

$1200 for 3 Nyatoh solid doors. What is levers? haha

I dont think it's the cheapest around. maybe get from supplier direct should be cheaper.

The door handles, some are round types and the other like a lever that pull down to open.

My ID seems to quote the door with lever separately, as he mentioned those cost quite a portion to the whole door.

Look forward to ur post on ur TB loots!

nice~ one shot answer all my queries. hahaha

i'll ask my contractor about the gap... see what he will do...

yeah.. i think its Victorian style... but at the same time i dont want it too be too Victorian..

thinking of getting furniture that are more modern looking.. :D

yOz Raydon,

Seem like you are going for victoria style (is this wad they call? or country style?) haha~ looking forwards to your furniture =p

i dun think contractor will be so good to re-laminate your door for you. the most do touch up and use "paint" to match the existing colour? i might be wrong =D

nowadays BSC sun respray the peel off paint. instead they will install another strip to cover up the peel off part. since u have your grill to cover it up guess is okay ba

I also have problem choose the cheaper offer or contractor and end up delay and delay~ unless you are rushing to move in if not i guess time wasting but the saving on renovation we can use it to purchase for our furniture or other stuff for our home.

Gap between the laminate and the skirting, laminate contractor should help to sealant the gap (mine did that, all round the house. their sealant colour match with the laminate colour which wun look so obvious)

ohh... initially i was worried that he will give us the round types too.

but he mentioned that nobody used the round type anymore. the lever kind is included in the price (maybe cause he already jacked up the door price hahaha)

We initially wanted this kind. But this is more expensive and we need to top up.

flat-door-handles1.jpg

am also looking forward to my TB hoots.. hope everything reach here in one piece and working fine..

The door handles, some are round types and the other like a lever that pull down to open.

My ID seems to quote the door with lever separately, as he mentioned those cost quite a portion to the whole door.

Look forward to ur post on ur TB loots!

Edited by Raydon

mine used cornice.

Hi Raydon, I'm loving your wall lining! I'm having a similar concept so interested to find out how you go about doing this up. Is it just choose the cornice with the design you want and then stick it on the wall? Haha, something like that?

This will be our kitchen door

2zprq74.png

Love your kitchen door too! What kind of door is this, what material and how much?

Do you mind sharing how much you paid for your Fujioh hood?

First guest of my new home (came w/o invite)

fmikm.jpg

Cutieeeee! =)

Hi Trish,

Yeap, choose the cornice design/dimension and tell ur contractor/ID the design u want. haha..

Maybe can get your ID to draw up the design for you to review first. :D

My door is not up yet. but i heard from my contractor it is wood.. with white laminates...

i got my hood at everjoint @ $363. i know Jerome/Zero sell at $360. so get from him better.

dont ask me why i didnt get from him. its a long story. hahaha

Hi Raydon, I'm loving your wall lining! I'm having a similar concept so interested to find out how you go about doing this up. Is it just choose the cornice with the design you want and then stick it on the wall? Haha, something like that?

Love your kitchen door too! What kind of door is this, what material and how much?

Do you mind sharing how much you paid for your Fujioh hood?

Cutieeeee! =)