Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Raydon

Our Reno Journey

No prob! i believe some can even do it at no additional cost.. you can try that.. hahaha

Paul is very helpful.. everything will be fine.. jus that things might take some time to reach.. :lol:

anyway, a little update regarding the black lines issue between the laminates.

it looks like my contractor has managed to cover up those line that are exposed..

dont know what they used.. paint or silicon maybe?

there is also a minor flaw for the kitchen door i used..

due to its light weight.. the door will close by itself when the wind blow from my service yard..

mentioned this to my contractor and he said this is why he recommended us to use glass door instead...

however, having said that, he will ask his workers to think of a way to prevent it from closing by itself..

lets see what they can come up with.. hope its not something too ugly..

Please share how your contractor covered up the exposed lines! Really want to find out.. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

iQuartz table top, handles, hood and oven installed

11sm4uf.jpg

52m2c.jpg

the cabinet below the hob

30v1w76.jpg

my sink.. hmm.. looks so small after the table top installed..

at first was worried that there isn't enough working space between the sink and the hob...

we over estimate and now really regret not getting the bigger sellena sink..

looks like we will have issue cleaning bigger size cooking utensils :(

2i03r4p.jpg

the other side

1oakia.jpg

Love the white cabinets with the silver handles! Country style?

some other random stuffs...

'Cove' lights for my toilets.. its a white elephant tbh.. not bright enough.. haha...

9ut9pw.jpg

1531thu.jpg

and lastly.. our basin mirror from IKEA.. took us quite sometime to set this up..

70ypgm.jpg

May I know how u install thebasin mirror? Need any drilling into the wall?

Coz we re considering the same mirror for our common bathroom.

Hi Raydon, you got your sink from Sellena taobao? Did the seller take very long to ship out?

Hi Puggy, yes thats right. at first they told me need 2 weeks... but after payment they ship out in 2~3 days..

Hi Raydon, you got your sink from Sellena taobao? Did the seller take very long to ship out?

Hi Yongshiz, i dont have the actual photo.. but those on the manual should help..

need to drill two holes with screws for this to hook up..

2djuqo9.jpg

May I know how u install thebasin mirror? Need any drilling into the wall?
Coz we re considering the same mirror for our common bathroom.

hi hellonub, yeap.. thats the style we hope to achieve..

thanks for the compliment!

hi guojiawen, i will go take a closer look over the weekend and share with you.. :)

Please share how your contractor covered up the exposed lines! Really want to find out.. :)

thanks PTopaz! i guess he is quite good.. everytime there is an issue, he will settle it no questions asked.. (but then again, me and mrs are very easy going...so we didn't 'complain' much..).. haha..

like for this case.. i have no intention to voice it out, since its a norm. but to my surprise the lines were covered up few days after.. not all.. but at least those that are not covered..

lets hope the standard can maintain till the work finish... hahaha..

I think u have a very very good contractor. .. 98.69% (hehe)of the other contractors will tell u that "it's like that one" for the black joint Lines... which is in a way true... at least ur contractor have the pride and bothered to do something for u... kudos to him!

• Like 1

oh man.. hope mine no issues.. furthermore, i did under mount..

Hey bro, just a heads up for u... there are some bros and sis here who have bought Selena sink that encountered rust issues... u might want to take note...

Some of them have little dots of rust at the sink edges.

You can consider to get those SS polish or etc, think it will help and protect it to prevent rust from forming.

Hope this help

Okay, I'll go find out more. Thanks Songz and PTopaz for the heads up!

Some of them have little dots of rust at the sink edges.

You can consider to get those SS polish or etc, think it will help and protect it to prevent rust from forming.

Hope this help

amazing you even bought the toilet sink off tao bao... how's the installation so far? any leakages? the pricing is really half of what they sell in hoe kee it seems

Hey bro, just a heads up for u... there are some bros and sis here who have bought Selena sink that encountered rust issues... u might want to take note...

Hi PTopaz, are those rusting recent case? I'm about to purchase a Sellena Kitchen Sink too. :jawdrop:

hi mrmrstan, yeap.. its cheap.. thats why we decide to take the risk..

my plumber have not installed it.. should be done by this week.. will let u know if i head over...

amazing you even bought the toilet sink off tao bao... how's the installation so far? any leakages? the pricing is really half of what they sell in hoe kee it seems

hey bro, no worries man! good stuff mus share.. bad stuff also mus share.. haha... :D

Raydon bro, thanks for your sharing with us. And paiseh that I keep disturbing you via PM. :lol:

Hi! they installed it today. went over and check, looks like no leaking issues...

hope it stay this way.. :)

Hi! I have not talk to my contractor yet.. but here is the photo i took today..

looks like silicon to me...

2i78wo6.jpg

Our kitchen faucet installed...

2cfazoy.jpg

installed a small piece of solid surface on the wall in btw kitchen and service yard

initially wanted to install tiles but my contractor suggested this.

29blcia.jpg

noticed the small piece of blue tape? they installed the everything w/o removing it.. now i had a hard time removing it cleanly...

tried to pull it out but the silicon is coming out with it.. haha

going to throw this back to my contractor...

Edited by Raydon