Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jasminnie

Typical Singaporean: Ai Pih Ai Chi (Cheap Yet Good)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Jasmine, I'm considering to have a baywindow storage for my master bedroom too.. Do you have the complete photo of your MBR to share?

Edited by evelyn83

Hi Jasmine, I'm considering to have a baywindow storage for my master bedroom too.. Do you have the complete photo of your MBR to share?

Hi Evelyn,

Its here:

Closed

20140725_141859.jpg

Opened:

20140725_141927.jpg

The bedside table that have this furry thingy (like those you find in meeting room tables) so our cables can pull out of the powerpoint below and not have dirt or dust trapped inside:

20140725_141908.jpg

Simple plain wardrobe on the outside.

20140712_141750.jpg

Edited by jasminnie

• Like 1

UPDATES for Kitchen:

20140725_161141.jpg

20140725_162356.jpg

Our Blanco granite sink. Bought on offer from Hoe Kee.

20140725_162408.jpg

Our mock Blum-style pull out deep drawers for my pots, pans and cooking wares and top deep drawer for bottled sauces that needs no refrigeration.

20140725_162500.jpg

And I have no idea why my white Quartz top looks and feels like solid surface. Oh well, doesn't matter as long as its the real thing.

Edited by jasminnie

The only thing that got me unhappy was the bi-fold toilet doors. I approached another company during their roadshow and got and was promised this design:

IMG-20140719-WA0002.jpg

But on the day of installation, the guy came over (I asked for installation after 12pm but the guy came at 10am!) when I was out at work and installed this instead:

20140719_150338.jpg

The installer guy got in because my house door was open as 2 of Nicholas' sub contractors were there doing up the kitchen brick panels.

Whats even worse is that the person who serviced my account gave a lot of excuses, which is what I hate in poor after salesmanship. Contractor do wrongly because of poor communication between salesperson and operations, and then give lame excuses such as "Its like that one." Thats a very common problem I find in irresponsible contractors. They made a mistake and taichi it to the technical fault of the material.

As I wasn't in the house then, I didn't complete the balance 50% payment too. Now, this is my trump card because if the company wants me to pay up the balance 50%, they jolly well fix their mistake. And that is the reason the salesperson offered to come by my house again to try to resolve the issue.

Thankfully I got Nicholas to come in and help when I told him my problem.

Nick was nice and helpful enough to gave me a helpful advice, that is, if the salesperson comes over and say they will 'rectify' it and try to remove the doors, do not let them do so. Because they will take away the door panels and not honor their promise and bring me back the new door panels since I didn't complete the balance payment. I could barely imagine how dumb I was had I not known this. Nicholas made sense. After all, balance 50% payment not completed, anything can happen.

He came down my place and gave that salesperson a big effing up because 1) the whole wood color is wrong and ugly. Doesn't match the light wood design of my toilet and wardrobe.

2) We pay for something, we get it. Don't come and churn our BS to con us. Ya, Nick can be pretty mean as a customer so if you ever have him as your customer, be warned. LOL

3) As only me and the salesperson in the house, I was afraid God knows what the salesperson might do to me to make me pay up the balance 50% payment.

Nick was so sweet to specially come down to my house and back me up, offering his contractor expertise so me as a layman won't get con if the salesperson try to bamboozle me with technical talk.

Case now? Salesperson cannot out talk Nick and say he will go back to office and try to talk to his boss about changing the entire door and frame.

Edited by jasminnie

And now, some of my Taobao purchase to save me a bomb shopping in local shops.

The big crated box consists of a S$150 bathroom cabinet (PVC material) complete with drawers, mirror, and side cabinet.

20140705_170515.jpg

My digital peephole door viewer for S$30. Easy installation, no drilling needed.

20140705_172228.jpg

Outside (complete with doorbell):

20140705_173410.jpg

Inside (auto light-up screen when doorbell is pressed):

10458589_759127547504188_351001963414071

Edited by jasminnie

S$20 stylish chrome bidet with nozzle and 1.5m hose.

Saw a local shop selling this for $80 for one.

20140712_144133.jpg

S$25 Waterfall tap for under mount sink basins.

Checked out local shops selling each for over a hundred dollars.
I bought 2 by mistake. If anyone wants my spare, unopened and brand new in box one please PM me. Selling at cost price of $25.

10474905_755504027866540_383455517777217

Kitchen ceiling light at S$60 (54W, bright and good):

20140719_140918.jpg

Its so good I bought 6 sets of this but in different sizes based on their usage. Square ones in warm white and daylight for bedrooms and toilets. At Jalan Besar shops which I scour almost every weekend, one such similar lamp can go for as much as $150-$200 each.

20140719_141051.jpg

Edited by jasminnie