Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jasminnie

Typical Singaporean: Ai Pih Ai Chi (Cheap Yet Good)

Cube lamp shade: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.5.1TtUlQ&id=15180488262

I think the price have risen since I bought it a month back. Was S$15 then. Now its S$20.

Digital peephole viewer: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.gq3SU6&id=18770389843

Just unscrew the hdb's peephole and then there will be an empty hole. Afix this digital peephole viewer into the hole and the rest is history. No drilling needed. I fixed this up in 5 minutes.

Hi jasmine thanks for the link. Can you tell me what is the size of the viewer like its length x breath as our doors have wooden frames and if it's too big we cannot fix it flushed. Tia!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Cube lamp shade: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.5.1TtUlQ&id=15180488262

I think the price have risen since I bought it a month back. Was S$15 then. Now its S$20.

Digital peephole viewer: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.gq3SU6&id=18770389843

Just unscrew the hdb's peephole and then there will be an empty hole. Afix this digital peephole viewer into the hole and the rest is history. No drilling needed. I fixed this up in 5 minutes.

Hi Jasmine,

Can share if the doorbell sound from the viewer is it loud enough? still audible from bedrooms?

Hi Jasmine,

Can share if the doorbell sound from the viewer is it loud enough? still audible from bedrooms?

Yup, I just did a check today. Even from the furthest room, the MBR, its still audible.

• Like 1

Hi jasmine thanks for the link. Can you tell me what is the size of the viewer like its length x breath as our doors have wooden frames and if it's too big we cannot fix it flushed. Tia!

Hello, sorry late reply. I measured it today when I was back at the new house, its 15cm length by 9.5cm high. Thats the measurement of the base.

• Like 1

hi, please share more on the bathroom cabinet. any pics of the bathroom cabinet? how much is the shipping, quality gd? can share the link that you purchase.

:D

The bathroom cabinet have finally been installed today.

Its here:

2014-07-31%2013.51.49.jpg

2014-07-31%2013.53.55.jpg

Edited by jasminnie

My reno works are 95% completed. Pics are taken in a hurry hence pardon the mess, dust and dirt still left behind from the reno.

MBR toilet:

2014-07-31%2014.29.53.jpg

MBR toilet mirror also up, together with sink basin and long neck Waterfall tap from Taobao.

20140731_133803.jpg

Common toilet showerscreen:

2014-07-31%2014.30.59.jpg

Living room:

Full wall mirror panel with dual tones.

20140731_131410.jpg
Edited by jasminnie

(continued)

The last few of my Taobao loot also gets installed today:

Common toilet.

This PVC bathroom cabinet only costs S$150 including DOMESTIC shipping:

PVC more lasting than wood because they don't get moldy or mildew as compared to using wood.

1) Closed cabinet door

2) Opened cabinet door

For $150 it comes with a towel hanging bar, side cabinets for storage and a larger bottom cabinet for more storage.

2014-07-31%2013.51.49.jpg

2014-07-31%2013.53.55.jpg

$25 waterfall tap also installed:

2014-07-31%2013.47.14.jpg

Kitchen tap:

The very functional and nice kitchen tap that a gf recommended. Long hose allows pulling the nozzle off the holder to wash further off corners of sinks and table. $67 inclusive international shipping. Saw at Hoe Kee this selling for $200+ for the same tap.

20140731_131457.jpg

Edited by jasminnie

• Like 1

Kitchen backsplash also up:

20140731_131431.jpg

My US purchase (finally something NOT from Taobao) is finally mounted.

Wall mounting storage canisters (removable) that dispenses dry grains like rice, pasta (eg: fusili, penne, macaroni, etc...), quinoa or coffee beans at the turn of the dial. Comes with measuring cup below so you know how much to dispense.

Space saving Scandinavian design matches the background rustic white brick wall decor.

20140731_133629.jpg

20140731_133640.jpg

Edited by jasminnie

very nice renovation! and plus ur contractor is so helpful, it can be hard to come by

love the glass cannisters too, did it cost alot?

Edited by mrmrstan

• Like 1

Jasminnie,

Thanks for referring Nicholas to me. He is now my ID too!

I love yr kitchen laminate so much that I wanna have it too! In the end, I will be using it in my rooms wardrobe. Woohoo!

• Like 1

Jasminnie,

Thanks for referring Nicholas to me. He is now my ID too!

I love yr kitchen laminate so much that I wanna have it too! In the end, I will be using it in my rooms wardrobe. Woohoo!

No problem seowleng. :) Hope u get your dream home too. After reading some horror stories of contractors on renotalk and on fb we are really very glad that we have made the right choice to engage Nick.

Edited by jasminnie